Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Jesus has Returned! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:10 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
Sanguvixen
It doesn't surprise me. Ever notice how many of the "Born again Christians" were also once drug addicts and alcohol?

It's amazing what things can do to the mind of the vunerable.

Ouch.. that's a bit harsh, isn't it?

Honestly, I've put quite a great deal of thought and study into it. It's the psychological reaction to the sense of hope and adaptation to new morales that generally inspires the zeal in their change.

Reality is harsh. Now not all Born Again Christians are people who once did drugs and stuff. The most vocal ones I come across are people who once did drugs and or were once heavy alcholics though. I've got friends too who will vouch to coming across people like that.

They scream about how they've seen the light....really? Was it before or after you woke up after getting loaded u[ on Cyrstal Meth, or heavy Binge drinking? That is the question I ask.

If you stop to think about it most of the outlandish claims made by people are done so under the influence of drugs. Who knows...maybe the bible was written by some people under the influence of Opium. Many prophets made thier propheys while mentally changed by drugs or noxious gases.
So it is little surprise that people who did drugs or drank heavily were targeted by Christians, and hallucinated that they saw the light, and was given a second or 20th chance through "Divine intervention."

My mother's father claimed he was a prophet. He was also scitzo. He left my mother's mother, who ended up committing suicide via locking herself in a car inside a garage and turning on the ignition. Make it tough for my mom her and sibling growing up, you know?

All I know other than that is that man also drunk heavily.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:18 pm
Yes... it is, and I won't argue that there are quite a few who are more drugged than converted, but I've heard the stories of some of these folks first hand, and it does often involve the sudden shock of feeling good about one's self on a moral ground after a long time under a less than positive influence, quickly and ironically turning over to pride and zeal.  

Tenth Speed Writer

banryuu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:20 pm
People are truely the most gulable of the worlds inhabitants.

I feel your pain. My grand mother (whom I live with) just told me that she wants to sell her house and go where ever God sees fit. Selfish God Loving woman just made me homeless. My sister wants to take me in but she just got married... Hopefully it will work out better she's Jewish.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:27 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
Yes... it is, and I won't argue that there are quite a few who are more drugged than converted, but I've heard the stories of some of these folks first hand, and it does often involve the sudden shock of feeling good about one's self on a moral ground after a long time under a less than positive influence, quickly and ironically turning over to pride and zeal.

I've been to christan rallys many times and though the singing and crying may be ginuan.... The presance of "God" is nothing more the a room full of adrinalin and teenagers.

I've felt the same thing at and ICP concert it felt like magic in the air. It was love for family a bond of unity formed by hard times and harder choices.
To know that every stranger in that room would be there to help you up when you fall.

How many Christan groups preach that but thurn their back on others in support of only themself? I can name more then a few.  

banryuu

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:28 pm
banryuu
Tenth Speed Writer

I've been to christan rallys many times and though the singing and crying may be ginuan.... The presance of "God" is nothing more the a room full of adrinalin and teenagers.

I've felt the same thing at and ICP concert it felt like magic in the air. It was love for family a bond of unity formed by hard times and harder choices.
To know that every stranger in that room would be there to help you up when you fall.

How many Christan groups preach that but thurn their back on others in support of only themself? I can name more then a few.

Mmm hmm. That's the other half of it. -.-  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:40 pm
The majority of this "Reborn christ"'s followers are mexicans (not offence) But the same type of people that see the virgin Mary's face on tortitas.  

banryuu

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:51 pm
Let me put an end to this.

First off, sorry for the confusion; I'm teh Jesus God l0lz omfg.

Yup, that's right. And I'm an Atheist.

Point two: the Rapture is off. I kept calling my Dad and asking Him when we were gonna get going and he's all, "Tomorrow! I got a date with Sandy, tonite."

And I was all, "Dad! C'mon, you and mom aren't even divorced, yet!"

And he's all, "Heeeey, kiddo! C'mon, chill out. I'll take you to the ball game, this Saturday!"

And I was all, "Whatever, Dad. Jeez ...I wish I lived with mom!"

And then he sent me an e-mail that's all, "Fine! Wanna play hardball? Then no Rapture for you!"

So I stopped believing in him. And going to raves. Raves are so cool. There's so much love there. *_*

- P.S. - I'm just kidding around, guys. Don't go and get angry at me. biggrin - Theo  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:22 am
HA HA HA HA HA
It was funny. Took me a minute to get the joke... I'm sick so sue me.... Please don't I'm a POOR college student... (paying medical bills)

The guy that sits next to me in history class keeps calling me Saten. (Only christans belive in saten so worshiping Saten is a form of christianity.) I keep telling him I'm only a minon right now and working my way up the ladder. I'll get my raise to demon over lord when I get me teaching degree. twisted  

banryuu

Game Phreak Zero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:25 pm
Personally, I think the "born-agains" just trade one addiction for another.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:50 pm
Game Phreak Zero
Personally, I think the "born-agains" just trade one addiction for another.

True. The thing with most of the worlds religons is that people are weak. So they create something bigger and stronger to watch over them, to jugde them, to punish or reward them. People need something to belive in; weather its the chance to be reborn over and over, The promise of living forever in eternal happiness, or even that all the jerks and bad people in the world will get what is comeing to them.

Religon has shaped the world from the start of time (dinosars excluded). There will always be extremists. People who take things too far.

You tie all the weak people and those extremists following the same basic belief and you could get anything from a crowd of bible thumpers to a crusade or even a holocust.

The strong can live good lives with out being in the shadow of a imaginary being. So I fee sorry for the weak people following this false Idol. This reborn christ who did time for petty theft and rehab for Heroin.  

banryuu

Arios V

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:49 pm
Never heard of him until just now. Also, he really doesn't sound like the reborn Jesus. He sounds more like an addict who just decided to visit the local mission, got "saved" and decided to start building this cult following around himself of people who are dumb enough to actually believe that he is the reincarnation of Jesus. Humanity has just officially gone down a peg.

No offense to anyone  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:31 am
Arios V
Never heard of him until just now. Also, he really doesn't sound like the reborn Jesus. He sounds more like an addict who just decided to visit the local mission, got "saved" and decided to start building this cult following around himself of people who are dumb enough to actually believe that he is the reincarnation of Jesus. Humanity has just officially gone down a peg.

No offense to anyone

That basicly it. The "reborn christ" was in jail when the angels came to him telling him that he was the savior. At first he just claimed to be spreading god's word. As his popularity grew so did his claims.

Its a sad sick world we live in.  

banryuu

Arios V

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:33 am
banryuu
Arios V

No offense to anyone

That basicly it. The "reborn christ" was in jail when the angels came to him telling him that he was the savior. At first he just claimed to be spreading god's word. As his popularity grew so did his claims.

Its a sad sick world we live in.

Yeah.... I would think when the "Angels" told him he was the savior, he was either drunk off his a** or managed to hide some drugs on himself and take them when he was in prison.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:44 pm
Fully agree.

I want an angel to do my bidding I bet they'd get awsome test scores.  

banryuu

Arios V

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:45 pm
banryuu
Fully agree.

I want an angel to do my bidding I bet they'd get awsome test scores.

I'd like to have an Angel and a Demon

Angel: Help me pass tests and help me with other problems I run across

Demon: Beat the crap outta the people who torment me  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out