Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seventh_Tyrant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:32 pm
rogues are the s**t  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:34 am
for my warlock i usually switch around a lot..... when i'm playing in battlegrounds i usually am affliction but when i'm in instances and stuff i usually switch to demonology  

kikirose14

Chiu Nanako

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:37 am
Errrr........This is my first EVER post in this guild...Um

Can anyone tell me the good talent tree, in order, for a Frost Spec Mage? And when I mean in order, tell me what comes first, should i max this or how many points, what comes second....and....yea.....you get the idea.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:03 pm
Younha0820

Can anyone tell me the good talent tree, in order, for a Frost Spec Mage? And when I mean in order, tell me what comes first, should i max this or how many points, what comes second....and....yea.....you get the idea.

How about this, Frost Mages are all about freezing your opponent and then landing mass crits and they can survive far better than the other two trees. I tried playing a PvP Frost Mage before, it's tree tends to be a little complex, so I stick to my raiding Fire Spec. XD Fire overall does more dps. But if you want to level as Frost, you can pretty much use everything in the tree to your advantage in one way or another.  

Cortaal

Cloud District

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:37 am
l Younha l

My first char was a frost mage. Depends what you want to do. Heres my spec I used to use:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0E00bZZVVGIobxobqt

Idk if that's exactly right cuz that's from a year ago. But I'm pretty sure thats right.

That's a pvp spec. I used it for lvling too tho and did just fine.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:59 am
l Younha l

Can anyone tell me the good talent tree, in order, for a Frost Spec Mage?
And when I mean in order, tell me what comes first, should i max this or how many points, what comes second....and....yea.....you get the idea.

Hello Younha! Ill try my best to help you out as i am not sure if you are planning on pvping or pve but ill give ya an outline for both, for frost spec that is.

Lets start with PVP. There are 2 major builds for frost 17/0/44 and 0/0/61.
Firstly lets examine 17/0/44

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0ibobZZVVGIobxobqt
The general idea is to grab Imp CS in arcane and dump the rest in Frost. A few key talents in frost that are recommended that one takes are Permafrost, Shatter (obviously), and any other dmg talents. I myself also enjoy having 3/3 Imp Blizz (helps alot with those pesky rogues). Some peeps take Winters Chill and Imp COC but its rly up to your playstyle.

The Second PVP spec is full frost 0/0/61
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=oZZVAGIsfxsiqt
Self explanatory and works well. My mage is currently specced full frost atm. This build sacrifices imp CS for more dmg and Kiting Potential.

Next lets talk PVE Frost Specs
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0VZZVAGcofxowqt
This was my personal favorite for Frost PVE. It worked well in 5man (H and non H) kara, gruul, and Mag. The basic idea here is to make your frostbolts as mana efficient as possible while still maintaining good dps.

I hope this helps out somewhat...im not sure your experience or skill lvl so forgive me if this was a waste of space. If u ever need any help with anything regarding mages PM me or u can find me on Frostwolf Alliance side, My mages name is Shiori. Good Luck!  

Plutus

Chiu Nanako

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:53 am
Oh, lol. 3 replies, thanks ppl. I've been really busy with RL and other guilds so I 4got to check back here. And Plutus, I'm For the Horde on Detheroc as Pyrrmaphrost, 53 frost mage. This is my first time playing WoW but my friend says that I'm a little better than average mage. I just keep forgetting where my CS is because I hesitate when I see a target casting a spell.

I'm not really for PvP, mainly PvE but I fare well against other players, now that I have my elemental here to defend and kick some a**. It's just rogues and druids are my problem.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:07 pm
HELLP, need good PvP warlock spec for level 70 wrath talents  

RivFador

Pinny Nickels

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:15 am
Cortaal
Younha0820

How about this, Frost Mages are all about freezing your opponent and then landing mass crits and they can survive far better than the other two trees. I tried playing a PvP Frost Mage before, it's tree tends to be a little complex, so I stick to my raiding Fire Spec. XD Fire overall does more dps. But if you want to level as Frost, you can pretty much use everything in the tree to your advantage in one way or another.

Yeah I'm leveling a frost mage... they pwn melee classes way too easily.

EDIT:
However, I would like to brag that I beat a frost mage who was in the top arena team on my server last season in a duel. lol.
I'm a rogue, btw. It was a long, difficult duel but I did it... that was back when I was subtlety... haven't dueled them since respeccing to assassination.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:34 pm
what is a good pvp spec? i tried prot for pvp and its good and fun (stuns ftw!) and i did arms which is also good but which is better? o.o arms fury or prot?  

TwoPawk

Dangerous Hunter

11,975 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100

Shidako123

Lonely Vampire

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:50 pm
christian bloodrose
what is a good pvp spec? i tried prot for pvp and its good and fun (stuns ftw!) and i did arms which is also good but which is better? o.o arms fury or prot?
fury arms ....get the 2 handed spec for arms and put the rest in fury  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:52 pm
Seventh_Tyrant
rogues are the s**t
dude rouges suck against my prot warrior in full T8 gear  

Shidako123

Lonely Vampire

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Arthas Hellscream

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:34 pm
how should i spec my dwarven preist i like JUST made him i dont really heal much cuz everyone i'm grouped with kill way to fast to get DMGed
and i just got my first curse and my smigth is awsome when i'm not in a group (rank 2)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 am
i have a troll shaman and i hate healing what should use  

Metal_Matter 99

Yummy_Mr_snuggles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:11 am
Metal_Matter 99
i have a troll shaman and i hate healing what should use

Well if you prefer casting over melee combat I would go with elemental but I hear that enhancement is the easiest for a shaman to lvl in.  
World of Warcraft

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff