Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What defines a phobia? Do you have a phobia? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got a phobia?
  Yes.
  No.
  I have a fear of polls. D:
View Results

Yami_Ichi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:54 am
I must hold on .. // ♥

Looks like I have coulrophobia- the fear of clowns.
    I was at a haunted house once, and I got chased by a chainsaw with one. Yes, I know. People tell me they remove the teeth. Well this one.. didn't. So, I was being chased with a working chain saw. And even better, my shoe fell off. I kept running out of fear, and when I reached the end, he threw it at me.
    I know that haunted houses are fake.. But that was just.. really scary for me.
    I have been scared of them ever since.
    I know it's a phobia..
    I am scared to turn on the TV, or even go out of my home sometimes.
    I just feel like they are going to be there.
    gonk

♥ \ .. This happens all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:21 am
Theophrastus
*grins wickedly while finishing his notes*

Excellent. I have all your fears on record.

Now I can RUIN YOU ALL!

Theo I'm sure you have a fear I *cough* We can exploit. Phobias are not a laughing matter (unless you count the lady scared of tin foil and they chased her around national TV will a ball of tin foil. That was frickin awsome.)

I have two older sisters the terorize me enough.
Theo Open up and tell us your fears *opens note pad* Don't mind me I'm just sketching.... yea sketching.  

banryuu

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:52 pm
i think phobia is defined as "the kind of fear that you can't control".... It's not being afraid of losing control, but being afraid of something uncontrollably, like some people, they just are afraid of water no matter what, they can't control that fear. i think that's phobia.

as for me, i have insectophobia(fear of insects) and arachnophobia(fear of spiders). I'm not afraid of butterflies if they're far enough, but if i see their legs and thorax and abdomen, i'll freak out. I don't know why, i can't control it. and obviously since other insects don't have pretty wings like butterflies, i'll be scared just at the sight of it.

sometimes i think it's ridiculous, like i'm not scared of jumping off a building or even death, but i'm scared of bugs.....=.=  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:21 pm
Heh, Bannie, trying so hard! XD

Actually, I hate web spiders. I was interested in being an entomologist as a young teen, and managed to progress from general arachnophobia to being able to identify only the body types of spiders that could actually make me sad/hurt/dead. Crawling spiders and jumping spiders I actually find sorta cute, now.

If I see a dangerously venomous spider (black widow, brown recluse, etc) I go into this hateful kill mode, seeking the nearest weapon and have difficulty focusing on anything else until I end its life.

One time, my crazy hatred for spiders left me stomping barefoot on a black widow. Hardly knew I'd done it, but when it started skittering at me I could find no other reaction. Such a scary moment in my life. o_o

One time I had a dream there were snakes and spiders in my bed (I'm not scared of snakes, oddly enough), and scared the hell out of my girlfriend by grabbing her while she was asleep, wrapping protectively around her and and tossing the pillows off the bed. XD  

Theophrastus

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:29 pm
I have a fear of incurable diseases roflmao. And deadly bacterium.

I don't like clowns, but I'm not deeply afraid of them.

I have a phobia of needles and the thought of other's blood on me... relating back to the fear of incurable diseases.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:25 pm
Most phobia(s) are deeply rooted pycologicly and some like mine pertaning to a childhood trama.

I'm deeply afraid of falling asleep behind the wheel. I have an extrimly vivid memory and imagination. I can litraly see in my mind what would happen if I didn't pull out of a turn on the highway. When I was little my mother dosed off and ran the car into the back of a dump truck. Then less then two years ago she was driving me to work and fell asleep in a turn and crosses four lanes of traffic to slam my side of the car into the wall. Also why I freak out about things being too close if I'm in the passanger seat.

Those are fears but I'd still have to say Condament-phobia is my only true phobia.

(Theo if I told you not to call me 'Bannie' You'd do it more right? Please if your going to use a nick mane Ban or Ryuu.)  

banryuu

Super Perfundo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:00 pm
This sounds stupid, but I have a fear of not being able to breath. Just the thought of holding my breath makes me freak out. My ex used to hold his hands over my mouth and nose so I couldn't breath. He thought it was funny when I flailed and screamed and cried... Which is why he's my ex... I'm not afraid that I'll die, I just don't like the thought of not being able to breath. I constantly find myself checking to make sure I'm still breathing...

Also, I have aquaphobia. I can't look at sitting water without getting freaked out. If I drink water, ice has to be breaking the surface of it or I can't drink it. I haven't taken a bath since I was very young. I can't swim, nor would I ever try. Some of my friends convinced me to get into a hot tub about a month ago and it was okay until it stopped bubbling... I had a panic attack right there in the tub on the roof of the Hilton.

I have coulrophobia too. I went to the circus with my uncle when I was 3 and screamed the entire time and wouldn't go near the clowns. I feel like an idiot sometimes, but if there's a clown at the mall or something I take a huge detour around it... I've gotten better about it. A couple of years ago I started crying at Six Flags because a clown tried to talk to me. I just covered my face and started wailing... Kind of embarrassing, since I was like 16...

I hate having fears (phobias, whatever). That's why when I die, I want to drown. That way I'll tackle my fear of not-breathing and water at the same time. Maybe there'll be a clown present too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:05 pm
So many people don't like clowns... so why do we have them lmao?  

Jessica Malatori

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:33 pm
Jessica Malatori

Cause fear iz good. Keeps za childron in dere room at nite!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:45 pm
Banryuu, I'm not so spiteful as to genuinely insult you by contrarily attacking your desires.

Truth be told, I just had forgotten how many letters "u" were in your name. XD  

Theophrastus

EmmaRaikou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:37 am
Arios V
EmmaRaikou
I'm not quite sure if my fears are extreme enough to qualify as a phobia, but these definately cause the most severe reactions:

Maleusiophobia
Necrophobia

I know what Necrophobia is, but what is Maleusiophobia

Fear of childbirth. D;  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:21 am
When most people who are phobic or afraid of clows see this User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. They truly see
this User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Or even this User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.(Sorry to the people effected by these images)

Many of the people who are Clown-phobic have personal space issues. Parents take their kids to the circus thinking that "Look at the funny clown Timmy!" The clown gets in the kid's face and the parent can't figure out where the water works come from.

(Theo the traslation to my name is Ban- rude/bararian/uncivlized, Ryuu-dragon. Two u's. Its Japanese... if you couldn't tell. I dislike when people add a ie to the end of any of my names.)  

banryuu

banryuu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:23 am
Dathu
Jessica Malatori

When MOST of use were little there was that horror movie where that freaky clown stold children. That prompted alot of the phobias I've heard of.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:55 pm
banryuu
Dathu
Jessica Malatori

When MOST of use were little there was that horror movie where that freaky clown stold children. That prompted alot of the phobias I've heard of.

Haha I still have never seen IT, though the clown in poltergeist was pretty freaky...  

Jessica Malatori

Arios V

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:14 pm
EmmaRaikou
Arios V
EmmaRaikou
I'm not quite sure if my fears are extreme enough to qualify as a phobia, but these definately cause the most severe reactions:

Maleusiophobia
Necrophobia

I know what Necrophobia is, but what is Maleusiophobia

Fear of childbirth. D;

I see  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items