Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:32 pm
Cawey
There IS a TSK game. At least what I've heard.
A friend told me that he played a TSK game in like, chinese or taiwan. But the characters walked to slow he got annoyed at stopped playing. o_o; Or something. ^_^;
Maybe I could find some information on google...

Hmm... I haven't heard about a TSK game. I'm pretty sure there isn't one. The manga wasn't that successful, or else it would have run longer.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:13 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Cawey

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:55 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:27 pm
That's true. All of the animation I've watched based off her works seem really pale in comparison style wise. Tis a sad thing.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:38 pm
A lot of shoujo manga has pretty simplistic art so it converts to animation well, but Arinacchi's has so much detail. The eyes in the Full Moon anime were a big letdown. I guess that is what she wants, though, to make art that is hard to animate.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:13 pm
Makes you wonder though... Cause Clamp is almost more so on the detail scale, and a lot of their animations came out really well. At least for their old stuff... Can't say I care all that much for the new style they've been using lately...  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:36 am
That's true. From what I've seen, the art for the X TV series is really nice, and X had some really detailed manga art. Same goes for Magic Knight Rayearth. Maybe it's because CLAMP is more popular...? But a well known studio worked on Arina's animes too, so I don't know. Still, most shoujo manga art is more simplistic than hers. Think Fushigi Yuugi, Sailor Moon, Marmalade Boy, Gals. Those all made the transition to anime quite nicely.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:31 am
Yeah, that's true. Tis quite the mystery, why it's Arina's art in particular that didn't transition well. It may just be the studio's own style conflicting with hers, if they're more used to the simplistic sort. I don't know all that much about the studio though...

Her art wasn't the only thing that didn't transition well in the anime either. A lot of the plot and characters also get thrown through a loop. But then, I suppose you can say that about anything that makes either TV or the big screen.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:21 pm
In book to movie adaptations, things usually get changed because they aren't possible to do on screen or there are too many details so things have to get cut. With anime, it's possible to do more because it's animated. Some anime episodes are even taken directly from the manga. The thing with Arina's manga is that both Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Full Moon were chosen to be animated after only one or two volumes were out. Since a new chapter of the manga was only released once a month and a new anime episode aired every week, the anime got ahead so they had to sort of make up their own ending. I'm sure in both cases they had Arina's input, but it wasn't possible for the anime to be just like the manga. Which raises an interesting point... just how much do the animation studios know about the ending of the story? They must know some important details, but obviously Arina couldn't tell them everything that was going to happen because then people might stop reading the manga.  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff