Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
If One Religion Had To Be Real... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:59 pm
Greek mythology will be cool. but can i choose to believe in Death Gods (Shinigami) if i have to?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:46 pm
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
Greek mythology will be cool. but can i choose to believe in Death Gods (Shinigami) if i have to?

Hmmm....... only if you eat all your vegetables and clean your room. biggrin  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

russiangal367

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:07 pm
I would love it if Egyptian mythology was true, but then again, if Pastafarianism is counted as a religion, it would be hilarious if that one was true.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:57 pm
Dathu
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

Hmmm....... only if you eat all your vegetables and clean your room. biggrin

But I don't wanna clean my room  

Arios V

SkeletonPhoenix

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:39 pm
The Eygptian religion because nothing is better than finding out that exsistance was created by someone masterbating.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:44 pm
I think the aztec had it right. Pulling peoples hearts out is always a family fun time. Not to hot on the cannibalism though, even if we taste like pork. THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.  

God of lunchboxes

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:29 pm
I would have to go with Norse Mythology, they seem to have the most interesting, and physically active, after life of them all. Whats better than, eating till bursting point, then violent fighting -with no pain involved-, lots of beer, back to eating, more fighting, more beer. Valhalla sounds great.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:01 pm
Baha'is.

Say goodbye to war!  

Lethkhar

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:37 pm
Well, I'd probably stick with the good ol' Greeks. Mythology owns...

The Bleach idea is the godliest of them all.

Let's create a religion; BLEACHISM! The belief that Bleach is true with shinigamis and whatnot.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:53 am
Hinduism.

The reason is, well they don't have one bi-polar God, instead they have three, the creator, the destroyer and preserver.

For death, it's reincarnation, but it's believed [if I remember correctly] that depending on your karma [deeds] in life you do, depends what higher life-form you are reincarnated as, as I understand it, humanity is the highest life-form, so in essence, once you learned all of life's lessons you would be rewarded with paradise.

The awesome thing about this religion is, it pretty much lets you live your own life, and it does have truth in it. It's kind of like Taoism with cause and effect, if you do something bad, expect something bad to happen to you, it balences itself out.

Norse Mythology is cool too. Odin=Badass.  

AboveSkies

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:01 am
Above Skies
Hinduism.

The reason is, well they don't have one bi-polar God, instead they have three, the creator, the destroyer and preserver.

For death, it's reincarnation, but it's believed [if I remember correctly] that depending on your karma [deeds] in life you do, depends what higher life-form you are reincarnated as, as I understand it, humanity is the highest life-form, so in essence, once you learned all of life's lessons you would be rewarded with paradise.

The awesome thing about this religion is, it pretty much lets you live your own life, and it does have truth in it. It's kind of like Taoism with cause and effect, if you do something bad, expect something bad to happen to you, it balences itself out.

Best part of Hinduism?

That awesome story where the snake wraps around the turtle and churns cosmic milk into matter-butter. And POOF! We're here!  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:47 pm
I love mythology, so Norse, Greek, or Egyptian not roman lol it's just a cheap copy of greek lol biggrin  

xxvampirexninjaxx

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:59 pm
Theophrastus
Above Skies
Hinduism.

Best part of Hinduism?

That awesome story where the snake wraps around the turtle and churns cosmic milk into matter-butter. And POOF! We're here!

Ha, that sure makes existence much funnier, lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:22 am
I'd believe in Bleachism biggrin  

Habible

Dapper Conversationalist

3,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100

o Key o

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:34 pm
I love the idea of Norse mythology. I could be one tough warrior chick. 3nodding lol

I thought Mormonism was pretty cool, what with all its... interesting qualities. It isn't all polygamy, after all. And they really have no "hell". But then I read this...

BeliefNet
Contemporary Issues
Abortion is wrong. Homosexuality is wrong, and homosexual rights are vehemently opposed. The divine role of woman is mother and wife, helper to the husband. Men are regarded as the head of the family, provider, leader, and teacher.

Yeah, that's not working for me. xp

Pastafarianism is just awesome. If it were to be real, I would become a pirate and give candy to everyone. pirate

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff