Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Kirk Cameron Will Disprove Evolution on His Show Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Redem

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:34 pm
Ok... I totally retract my earlier statement. That was pathetic.

I mean... all they had was a badly phrased argument from design. What a retard.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:47 pm
we has a painteeng hurrrrrr  

Theophrastus

Redem

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:10 pm
1: I has a painting
2: ??????
3: Therefore God, or you all burn in hell scream  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:18 am
I think I've heard of this joker. I heard a "scientific" theory about God's existence a while ago that went something like this:

"Since sound, an energy, cannot exist without matter, sound and energy have a direct relation to matter. Therefore, it was God's voice that gave life to the creatures of the earth."

I'm paraphrasing it, but I remember in the original train of "logic", he skipped a couple steps. I think if a Christian needs to try to prove that God exists, he doesn't have enough faith. That's where religion differs from science: religion isn't about proof.  

ProjectOmicron88

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:00 am
Did anyone see the debate with the Rational Response Squad? ******** hilarious. He was ripped apart!  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:10 am
Replied with a short version earlier in this thread.

Kirk and Ray were demolished.  

Theophrastus

Redem

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:42 pm
It was um.. embarassing >_>  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:33 am
I dislike the way the Rational Response Squad handled themselfs. But those Idiots(ca"moron") did get what was coming to them.  

SkeletonPhoenix

Super Ivan Drago

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:03 pm
Kirk and Ray lost the debate second they decided to break the premise they set up themselves -- Proving God without using the Bible. The premise was laughable and I didn't expect anything of substance, but I didn't expect the debate to be lost so early. I have even talked to Christians who said that Kirk and Ray were an embarrassment. That's really saying something.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:55 pm
I just watched the shorted version, and honestly, that was positively pathetic.

I apologize. I attempt to be objective whenever possible, but there's really no middle ground to take when one side was completely and utterly illogical, and violated the rules they themselves set.

In addition, I'd also like to provide an alternate rebuttal to the painting piece of "evidence." I concede that a painting must be painted by a painter to be created. However, what about, say, a plant? That plant wasn't created. A seed embedded itself in the ground after another plant shed its seeds and it fluttered off, using its leaves as makeshift wings. Over time, through photosynthesis (among other things), it grew into a plant. No where in there did anyone take action that resulted in its creation. The plant became what it is through natural, automatic processes. Therefore, not everything requires anyone to take action for it to be created. Ipso facto, the universe does not prove nor disprove the existence of a creator (or in this case God).  

Cirosan

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces