Lady Mage Gryphon

Sarcastic Celebrant

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:17 am
pink_kitty16
=/ My big problem with it is people asking for ridiculous things. For almost all of the pokemon I have searched...even like a level 1 zubat....there are people asking for like a L100 Palkia. That ruins it for me.

YES!
And when I put up reasonable requests for my pokemon they never get answered. -_-* I had to put up a lvl 21 cherubi to get a lvl 1 naetoru. It's depressing.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:32 am
I'm having problems with the GTS myself. I found a wi-fi hotspot in the mall, with full perfect connection! I was so happy. Then, just as I was connecting, I lost connection. Down to no bars. I tried again and again in other spots, but nothing worked. It kept crashing my hopes down.

Does anybody know why this happened and what I should do next time? (I don't have a computer, I need a hotspot)  

Kira the wanderer

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:24 pm
Kira the wanderer
I'm having problems with the GTS myself. I found a wi-fi hotspot in the mall, with full perfect connection! I was so happy. Then, just as I was connecting, I lost connection. Down to no bars. I tried again and again in other spots, but nothing worked. It kept crashing my hopes down.

Does anybody know why this happened and what I should do next time? (I don't have a computer, I need a hotspot)

Unless the hotspot was an official NWF-supported one (usually, you can only find those at McDonald's), did you configure your WiFi settings to allow the game to access that hotspot? o __o  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:37 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Kira the wanderer

Unless the hotspot was an official NWF-supported one (usually, you can only find those at McDonald's), did you configure your WiFi settings to allow the game to access that hotspot? o __o

McDonald's is good? I'll keep that in mind, but I'll need to know other places as well because that one isn't too close to me. What other places are offical?

And I am scared to death to configure the settings, mostly because I don't know what that means. I'm afraid I'll mess it up big time. How do you do that and what does it mean?  

Kira the wanderer

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:47 pm
Kira the wanderer
McDonald's is good? I'll keep that in mind, but I'll need to know other places as well because that one isn't too close to me. What other places are offical?

And I am scared to death to configure the settings, mostly because I don't know what that means. I'm afraid I'll mess it up big time. How do you do that and what does it mean?

The WiFi hotspots are McDonald's are the only official ones that I know of, and don't require any configuration of WiFi settings. You just connect in-game and go.

But for unofficial hotspots, when you start up the game and get the menu with your save file, New Game, Mystery Gift, ect, at the very bottom is "Nintendo WFC Settings". That's where you do your configuration. You can save up to three configurations, so when you come across that same WiFi hotspots again, you don't have to keep telling the game to yes, allow full connection to IP blah blah blah, or only allow partial connection, or whatever.

Everything you need to know about congifuring (to configure something is to edit it) WiFi settings can be found at Nintendo's WiFi site. But it's only for non-Nintendo supported hotspots that you need configuration for.

And Nintendo's WiFi USB Connector, but that's only because the connector generates a locked hotspot and hence you need to tell it (via your DS) to allow that DS access to the hotspot.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:46 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Kira the wanderer

The WiFi hotspots are McDonald's are the only official ones that I know of, and don't require any configuration of WiFi settings. You just connect in-game and go.

But for unofficial hotspots, when you start up the game and get the menu with your save file, New Game, Mystery Gift, ect, at the very bottom is "Nintendo WFC Settings". That's where you do your configuration. You can save up to three configurations, so when you come across that same WiFi hotspots again, you don't have to keep telling the game to yes, allow full connection to IP blah blah blah, or only allow partial connection, or whatever.

Everything you need to know about congifuring (to configure something is to edit it) WiFi settings can be found at Nintendo's WiFi site. But it's only for non-Nintendo supported hotspots that you need configuration for.

And Nintendo's WiFi USB Connector, but that's only because the connector generates a locked hotspot and hence you need to tell it (via your DS) to allow that DS access to the hotspot.

Ah! Thank you. I'm not sure what to say "yes" to, but I think I'll take a look at that website and figure it out from there. Is there any way that I can go back to my original settings in case I mess up?  

Kira the wanderer

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:27 pm
Kira the wanderer
Ah! Thank you. I'm not sure what to say "yes" to, but I think I'll take a look at that website and figure it out from there. Is there any way that I can go back to my original settings in case I mess up?

Yes, there's an option to reset back to default settings. Though not sure where it is be'cause I've never used it and I've only ever configured my settings once. *Has a WFC USB Connector.*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:22 am
yes i think so  

dragonguy5

3,550 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Crimson_Storm001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:11 am
Tennyo_Oujo
pink_kitty16
=/ My big problem with it is people asking for ridiculous things. For almost all of the pokemon I have searched...even like a level 1 zubat....there are people asking for like a L100 Palkia. That ruins it for me.

YES!
And when I put up reasonable requests for my pokemon they never get answered. -_-* I had to put up a lvl 21 cherubi to get a lvl 1 naetoru. It's depressing.

Yes i agree it's quite annoying and a bit depressing i'm currently offering a lv 1 diamon only fossile pokemon who's name a can't remember for a lv 1 shieldon it's been up for two days an still no luck. the only people to are offering a shieldon want either it's evolved form which i don't have because i don't have a shieldon or ledgenary pkmn i don't own at lv 100. but i'm sure there is someone out their looking for the pokemon i'm offering and having the same problem of getting hold of the pokemon i'm offering.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:35 pm
Well, sometimes people just aren't looking for what you're offering. I find I have much better luck asking for what I want in exchange for something like a Burmy or other such 'harder' to get Pokemon. The fossils are a sometimes, but once you've beaten the game, you've got access to them all. Also, I don't know if this matters at all, but being level specific also adds to your troubles. If you're looking just to add something to your pokedex, say you're looking for any level/gender. Even if you do want a level 1, it might just be easier to take what you can get and just breed one.  

jedi_master_tenku

Crimson_Storm001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:08 am
jedi_master_tenku
Well, sometimes people just aren't looking for what you're offering. I find I have much better luck asking for what I want in exchange for something like a Burmy or other such 'harder' to get Pokemon. The fossils are a sometimes, but once you've beaten the game, you've got access to them all. Also, I don't know if this matters at all, but being level specific also adds to your troubles. If you're looking just to add something to your pokedex, say you're looking for any level/gender. Even if you do want a level 1, it might just be easier to take what you can get and just breed one.

that would be fine for all the fossile pokemon apart from shieldon, as i have pokemon diamond and you obvious can't get it after you beat the game you've got to trade with someone who has pokemon pearl!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:28 pm
Crimson_Storm001
jedi_master_tenku

that would be fine for all the fossile pokemon apart from shieldon, as i have pokemon diamond and you obvious can't get it after you beat the game you've got to trade with someone who has pokemon pearl!

And a GREAT deal of the fandom has both Diamond and Pearl and access to two DSes or at least a middle man, and thus therefore has no need to use the GTS for version exclusives.

Just because you have a version exclusive up there doesn't mean it's going to get traded instantly, or even relatively quickly. In fact, unless you're offering a shiny, a L.100, or legendary/Spiritomb (or all three), prepare to wait awhile. People aren't interested in anything else and if they are, they simply get what they want from friends or on forums; NOT through the GTS, since all that place is good for is high-end trades with the aforementioned criteria.

And on that note, it's the GTS. Why the hell are you expecting a fair and quick trade from it anyway?

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

oGolem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:06 pm
Part of the real problem with the GTS is this:

The trades that people take disappear.

The trades that no one takes stay. ...And stay. ..And stay.

I find the best use of the GTS is to get something that's a bit of a pain; E.G--If I still had access to the GTS, I'd try for a male Wobbuffet to match my Lady Bufel. I really don't want to fight eight billion beaver pokemon while waving a beeping device around. >.> I have a Burmy, and some other pain-in-the-butt stuff like Lapras, so it's not too hard to get what I need this way.  
The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff