Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Craziest. b***h. Ever. - Ann Coulter's insane Falwell love Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jerry Falwell's dead and I...
  ...can't stop smiling.
  ...think we should be respectful when anyone dies.
  ...think it should have come sooner.
  ...hope Pat Robertson is next.
  ...don't care.
View Results

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:21 am
Which we all know has a thinly veiled right slant, anyways.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:12 am
Surely it's satire... rofl eek  

Lethkhar

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:15 am
By the way, that webpage is a train wreck. I just got done looking at it. eek  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:40 am
I guess web design comes low in God's plan.  

Theophrastus

Nopenname

Beloved Prophet

8,375 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:23 pm
Yes, Ann, keep trying to convince yourself and the rest of the religious right that Jesus as represented in the bible is a conservative of any stripe.

I mean COME ON. xd

All I know is the world became just a little more tolerant and loving when that man died.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:51 pm
Falwell's death is meaningless. Another bigot will simply rise to take his place, followed by another when that successor falls, and so on. The cycle continues until the public becomes strong-willed enough not to support these people when they attempt to rise to power.  

Cirosan

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:09 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpNxwvKOpJk I hate this lady with a passion after I saw this. If what the guy said is correct I'm glad that insane chruch dosen't have that many members.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:59 pm
Cirosan
Falwell's death is meaningless. Another bigot will simply rise to take his place, followed by another when that successor falls, and so on. The cycle continues until the public becomes strong-willed enough not to support these people when they attempt to rise to power.

*snickers, remembering a line from a Marilyn Manson song about the Hydra pop star*  

Theophrastus

Alexander Blair

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Arios V
Here's a press release given by Ms. Ellen Johnson, the President Of American Atheists concerning the death of Jerry Falwell:

“While we recognize and respect the grief of friends and relatives, it must be acknowledged in the wake of Rev. Falwell’s death that he and the organizations he founded, especially the so-called Moral Majority, were serious threats to our Constitution and, specifically, the separation of church and state.”

“Jerry Falwell was instrumental in galvanizing millions of American evangelicals into an intolerant, sectarian and authoritarian political movement. Gays, women, secularists, civil-libertarians and other groups who did not fit in to his plan to construct ‘One Nation Under God’ were stigmatized and attacked. Civil liberties were in jeopardy. Falwell and other religious right leaders advanced their political agenda in the name of Christianity, while demonizing their opponents.”

Sounds like their talking about Hitler

“Perhaps the most ignominious moment in Falwell’s career was his appearance with Rev. Pat Robertson on a television program which blamed the terrorist attacks of September 11 not on Islamic fundamentalist fanatics, but on a wide swath of the American people -- women (because of their support for abortion), gay and lesbian Americans, and individuals and organizations like American Atheists which labor for the separation of church and state.”

“We cannot and must not lionize Rev. Jerry Falwell because he is now dead. We expect that some politicians beholden to the religious right, who perhaps owe their political careers in part to Falwell, will praise him for his religiosity or avuncular style. The truth is, however, that the Rev. Jerry Falwell was a dangerous man who opposed and worked against many of the key values underpinning our secular American democracy.”

– Ellen Johnson, President
AMERICAN ATHEISTS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:22 am
Theophrastus
Cirosan

*snickers, remembering a line from a Marilyn Manson song about the Hydra pop star*

What's the line? I've never heard that song. confused Anyway, I agree it's meaningless for the most part, but I'm still happy he's dead. I seriously couldn't stand that b*****d.  

sora987

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:16 am
Arios V
Here's a press release given by Ms. Ellen Johnson, the President Of American Atheists concerning the death of Jerry Falwell:

“While we recognize and respect the grief of friends and relatives, it must be acknowledged in the wake of Rev. Falwell’s death that he and the organizations he founded, especially the so-called Moral Majority, were serious threats to our Constitution and, specifically, the separation of church and state.”

“Jerry Falwell was instrumental in galvanizing millions of American evangelicals into an intolerant, sectarian and authoritarian political movement. Gays, women, secularists, civil-libertarians and other groups who did not fit in to his plan to construct ‘One Nation Under God’ were stigmatized and attacked. Civil liberties were in jeopardy. Falwell and other religious right leaders advanced their political agenda in the name of Christianity, while demonizing their opponents.”

Sounds like their talking about Hitler

“Perhaps the most ignominious moment in Falwell’s career was his appearance with Rev. Pat Robertson on a television program which blamed the terrorist attacks of September 11 not on Islamic fundamentalist fanatics, but on a wide swath of the American people -- women (because of their support for abortion), gay and lesbian Americans, and individuals and organizations like American Atheists which labor for the separation of church and state.”

“We cannot and must not lionize Rev. Jerry Falwell because he is now dead. We expect that some politicians beholden to the religious right, who perhaps owe their political careers in part to Falwell, will praise him for his religiosity or avuncular style. The truth is, however, that the Rev. Jerry Falwell was a dangerous man who opposed and worked against many of the key values underpinning our secular American democracy.”

– Ellen Johnson, President
AMERICAN ATHEISTS

That's just disrespectful. I didn't like the guy's opinions, but it certainly doesn't mean he should be disrespected. Agreement and respect are NOT the same thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:33 pm
sora987
Theophrastus

What's the line? I've never heard that song. confused Anyway, I agree it's meaningless for the most part, but I'm still happy he's dead. I seriously couldn't stand that b*****d.

You make me feel lame for admitting I used to listen to MM. XD

"Cut the head off/grows back hard/I am the hydra/Now you'll see your star"

"Antichrist Superstar" from Antichrist Superstar by Marilyn Manson  

Theophrastus

Habible

Dapper Conversationalist

3,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:37 am
...Did I just get blamed for 9/11?

(Is gay stare )  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:46 am
Yes. And so did half of me. XD  

Theophrastus

Eaten By Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:21 am
Geez... "Acgnowledging Jesus before men?" In other words, he was saying that Jesus gave him the right to wrong others. Twisted much?

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff