Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Writing Your Own Spells Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:27 pm
Diana Ishtar
I've already cast one spell that worked but it was extremly simple and didn't involve any invocations. I'm afraid to cast any spells involving invocations, I don't want to offend any spirit or divinity. Should I avoid invocations until I do research on the entity? Also I'm afraid of attempting a sabbat for the same reason, should I wait until i find a wiccan to mentor me?

My maxim, when it comes to working with spirits, is to think of the gods as humans, possessing a human psyche.

Just like people in real life, there'll be a bunch of Gods who'll be happy to make a new acquaintance, won't judge you too harshly if you screw up, provided your intent is good. If you've done a little research on them, they'll no doubt be pleased that you've put in the effort to share a common interest - if you like the sound of a particular god, conceptualise them as human beings, and ask yourself if you think this kind of person would appreciate being invoked. If yes, go for it! If not, leave it a little while until you're sure you can impress the god enough to talk with them. Don't worry too much about accidental offense.

(As an aside, this idea of conceptualising gods as humans is a mix of the Spirit Model and the Psychological Model. I'm not suggesting the Gods /are/ like human beings, or act that way, just that it's a useful idea towards helping you sort out who to go to).

Sabbats I wouldn't worry about too much, if it's just a personal ceremony and you're doing it to honor a particular god, season or whatever. Provided you're just showing respect or worship shows your intent is good, and I doubt most gods would look disfavourably upon that (apart from malicious or pendantic ones, but even then). If you want to do them, that's fine - and if you're offered an apprenticeship under another Wiccan, that's good too - your personal method of honouring the gods is yours, and you don't need sanction to perform it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:01 pm
~zzang~
I appreciate the tutorial but I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to go out that far on my own.

You will never be ready, while you feel that way. The Four main actions a Magician must take are: know, dare, want and being silent.

So, dare and you'll achieve amazing results!

Ommar_Ramirez

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:07 pm
How would one PRACTICE magic? I am always told to practice, practice, practice. But how would one practice a spell? Would one just do simple spells such as protection spells? Those are always simple really.

Most of the time.  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:41 pm
I think this is exactly what I need right now - although it has been up for a while and I just discovered that I had already posted a reply ages ago...

anyways, I want to write a simple, quick to do anywhere, anytime protection spell/ward, and I think this will help a lot. My biggest problem is that I am paranoid and the time that I want to use this spell, I wonder if I will be too scared and the spell won't work after all; but I will try this all the same.
Thanks for the guide!

Mistreena

Satrevi

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:43 pm
Mitsh
Diana Ishtar
I've already cast one spell that worked but it was extremly simple and didn't involve any invocations. I'm afraid to cast any spells involving invocations, I don't want to offend any spirit or divinity. Should I avoid invocations until I do research on the entity? Also I'm afraid of attempting a sabbat for the same reason, should I wait until i find a wiccan to mentor me?

My maxim, when it comes to working with spirits, is to think of the gods as humans, possessing a human psyche.

Just like people in real life, there'll be a bunch of Gods who'll be happy to make a new acquaintance, won't judge you too harshly if you screw up, provided your intent is good. If you've done a little research on them, they'll no doubt be pleased that you've put in the effort to share a common interest - if you like the sound of a particular god, conceptualise them as human beings, and ask yourself if you think this kind of person would appreciate being invoked. If yes, go for it! If not, leave it a little while until you're sure you can impress the god enough to talk with them. Don't worry too much about accidental offense.

(As an aside, this idea of conceptualising gods as humans is a mix of the Spirit Model and the Psychological Model. I'm not suggesting the Gods /are/ like human beings, or act that way, just that it's a useful idea towards helping you sort out who to go to).

Sabbats I wouldn't worry about too much, if it's just a personal ceremony and you're doing it to honor a particular god, season or whatever. Provided you're just showing respect or worship shows your intent is good, and I doubt most gods would look disfavourably upon that (apart from malicious or pendantic ones, but even then). If you want to do them, that's fine - and if you're offered an apprenticeship under another Wiccan, that's good too - your personal method of honouring the gods is yours, and you don't need sanction to perform it.
You know, this is one of the rare posts I read and actually learned from. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:37 pm
Yes, it's useful to just do it.

I'm not currently practicing wicca, but that's the approach you need with psionics. You can't worry about if it will work or if your psiball will go rogue or anything, you have to just DO IT and deal with all the consequences later or you'll never learn from it.

I believe I contacted the Goddess once (or another entity from a different plane, but it certainly wasn't ME talking in my head) while doing a very informal hurried ceremony to confirm myself as a Wiccan (I had to hurry before my mom got home; I was young at the time gonk ) and She told me that I was already a Wiccan and that it was okay if I didn't do everything right. When I feel Her presence she always seems warm and loving. I don't think a Goddess like that could possibly be annoyed about a Sabbat or anything... just my opinion though.  

Pae Maia

The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games