Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Call Zaphod! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:19 am
Gyakuten no Megami
Now someone ought to see if anyone is actually named Arthur Dent!

Actually, I was looking through the phone book in search of last names for a character in the book I'm writing, and I got sidetracked and looked through it to see if there was an Arthur Dent. There wasn't, but there was someone named Arthur Denton...

I'll look up Zaphod Beeblebrox in my phone book when I get bored.

On a somewhat related note, on a band trip to Ottawa, from the window of the bus I saw a nightclub or something called "Zaphod Beeblebrox". I would have taken a picture, but it was placed (not entirely unappropiately) between two strip clubs, and the kids on the bus would have given me weird looks.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:58 pm
wingnut the improbable
Gyakuten no Megami

Actually, I was looking through the phone book in search of last names for a character in the book I'm writing, and I got sidetracked and looked through it to see if there was an Arthur Dent. There wasn't, but there was someone named Arthur Denton...

On a somewhat related note, on a band trip to Ottawa, from the window of the bus I saw a nightclub or something called "Zaphod Beeblebrox". I would have taken a picture, but it was placed (not entirely unappropiately) between two strip clubs, and the kids on the bus would have given me weird looks.

Where was this nightclub?! I think I heard of it before, but I didn't get a location on it.  

circuit sparks

mcm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:33 pm
awesome. you get points for actually calling, too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 am
Tallest Red
wingnut the improbable
Gyakuten no Megami

Where was this nightclub?! I think I heard of it before, but I didn't get a location on it.

Er... somewhere in Ottawa. Don't ask "Where in Ottawa?"- I wasn't paying attention.  

wingnut the improbable

Daska

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:31 pm
Gyakuten no Megami
xd Do you suppose Zaphod would have two telephones just for the purposes of talking with both his heads? Now someone ought to see if anyone is actually named Arthur Dent! That would be awesome! Although slightly annoying for anyone who just happens to be called that and suddenly yammering lunatics (us!) start calling and asking about the meaning of life.
That would suck for the person named Arthur Dent XD.

Anyways thats so cool that you called that Zaphod guy. Anyways I wonder if there is anyone by the name of Ford Prefect. surprised

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:34 pm
Daska
Gyakuten no Megami
xd Do you suppose Zaphod would have two telephones just for the purposes of talking with both his heads? Now someone ought to see if anyone is actually named Arthur Dent! That would be awesome! Although slightly annoying for anyone who just happens to be called that and suddenly yammering lunatics (us!) start calling and asking about the meaning of life.
That would suck for the person named Arthur Dent XD.

Anyways thats so cool that you called that Zaphod guy. Anyways I wonder if there is anyone by the name of Ford Prefect. surprised

I'll look it up later. Once, I was talking to one of my friends about music and she said that she used to be in a band and the drummer's name was Ford. I immediately asked "What's his last name?" Unfortunately, it was not Prefect- it was weird, started with an H, and was not the name of any car (or man from Betelgeuse) that I've heard of. I was so disappointed. She, of course, didn't understand (she hasn't read the book).  

wingnut the improbable

Daska

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:13 pm
Lol, there is a guy that goes to a different school than me, and his name is Ford as well. But his last name isn't Prefect, some people just don't understand.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:39 am
That is so cool!
I want to find a Ford Prefect! That would make my day!  

Sansei

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:45 pm
Sansei
That is so cool!
I want to find a Ford Prefect! That would make my day!

Day? That would make my decade!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:55 am
Gyakuten no Megami
heh.. a guy that goes to my school is named arthur dent razz  

Nixie Tiem

Familiar Gawker

2,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Super Radical

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:02 pm
Kumi-Kaida
Gyakuten no Megami
heh.. a guy that goes to my school is named arthur dent razz

Wow, thats is amazingly hoopy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:03 pm
There's a guy named Arthur Dent in my state (Virginia).  

Super Radical

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:56 pm
I just got back from about a half-hour of searching through the phone book (I got very ridiculously bored). I found three T. MacMillans, and one L. Prosser (did his name start with an "L"? Is it even mentioned? I've always remembered him as Mr. L. Prosser, but I'm not too sure...), and no Ford Prefects. I'm so disappointed sad  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:29 am
I looked in Yahoo people search i found 2 ford prefects one in Houston, TX and the other in San Francisco, CA, there are gillions of arthur dents, couldn't find tricia McMillian lots of Patricia tho, and i couldn't find L. Prosser  

sparklingbutterfly

Panic!At The Square Dance

O.G. Gaian

9,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:57 am
sparklingbutterfly
I looked in Yahoo people search i found 2 ford prefects one in Houston, TX and the other in San Francisco, CA, there are gillions of arthur dents, couldn't find tricia McMillian lots of Patricia tho, and i couldn't find L. Prosser
I bet lots of money that there are at least six Tricia McMillians in the United States.(And I bet one lives in Alaska.Or Nabraska.Weird things happen in Nabraska)

EDIT:Aha!Google is your friend.I found a Tricia McMillian in Chicago.(Not personally)  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games