Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Beer Cap Necklaces Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wheeee poll
  wheee
  crackhead
  takes moneies and runs away
View Results

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:24 am
AriRashkae
I think you speak of an awl.

How did you do the inside? Just super glue charms in?

And happy hunting with the sales! I may do the same at fairs around here. I don't think we'll be competing. wink

What fairs are you going to enter in? Yes I do speak of an Awl...the name escaped me redface The inside- you place your magazine backing and your beads and what not then you get some glue (I had to get mine from Micheals and it was in a tube it is clear glue) you squezze the glue into the cap and if your beads move you can move them back with a tooth or you can leave them then just let it dry.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:46 am
Oh, just some local craft fairs, like the Bizarre Bazaar. I'm too old for 4-H. xp

Maybe I'll teach my son how to make them and he can earn his own $ for once. xd  

AriRashkae

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:17 am
AriRashkae
Oh, just some local craft fairs, like the Bizarre Bazaar. I'm too old for 4-H. xp

Maybe I'll teach my son how to make them and he can earn his own $ for once. xd

lol I'm entering in to a county fair and the best part is that I can go into both the adult and child bits cuz of when my b-day lands!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:41 pm
LWALZ mrgreen

I had that at 4-H. My birthday was jsut after the cut-off date, so I got to enter things even though I should have been "too old" rofl  

AriRashkae

Umberella

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:22 am
Those are cool. The eyelet solves lots of problems for me. It makes them look more professional. I might have to make ME some...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:45 pm
oooh i recommend putting them in dish soap/perfumed water for a bit so the tops don't smell like beer  

Muted Emotions

ellayaxP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:39 am
those beer cap necklaces are soooooo pretty!!! i need to try making those!! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:27 pm
awsome!! but its kind of scary how much beer the guys at your dads work drink. burning_eyes  

fishkisser22

weyrdkat

6,950 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:55 pm
Okay, so I was working on a evil letter to DIY net about how they never play craft shows in primetime postitions, for working people. . .and I cam across this tutorial which is very similar to your necklaces. . .it may help some people thinking about making them.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_jewelry/article/0,2025,DIY_13762_4420630,00.html

If the link doesn't work it's episode DCRJ-211L From "Creative Juice" and the project is "Bottle Cap Necklaces." Hope this helps~

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:45 pm
weyrdkat
Okay, so I was working on a evil letter to DIY net about how they never play craft shows in primetime postitions, for working people. . .and I cam across this tutorial which is very similar to your necklaces. . .it may help some people thinking about making them.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_jewelry/article/0,2025,DIY_13762_4420630,00.html

If the link doesn't work it's episode DCRJ-211L From "Creative Juice" and the project is "Bottle Cap Necklaces." Hope this helps~
you rock heart  

bookaholic

loves_funeral_song

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:08 pm
I think I remember those necklaces being a big fad back in the day...omg. Am I really that old??

Those are really cute, btw. A great way to "upcycle" those beer caps, too! ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:21 pm
Bet that would be cute for a charm bracelet as well. G'job 3nodding  

Volatile Rainbow

black_fox52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:58 pm
would that book happen to be Capsters by Klutz? thats where i got my insperation to make these. Homebrewing caps do work best cuz they are blank, but i usually just paint over the logo with nail polish. 4laugh Im curious what you use inside them, im having trouble locating any more of what i used: craft laquer. Pm me? sry if this message gets duplicated.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:51 pm
That's a great idea! I collect bottle caps and tabs to make things out of them and that's a cool way to use them. :3 I've made buttons and pins out of my caps. xd  

Isabelle

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

gingin929

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:56 am
those are really cool...  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff