Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
US Marines: A Religious Organization? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:10 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
[Hollow Point]
I must disagree with all of you. It's just a slogan, they arent necessarily a religious organization. I mean come on! Look at it, if you ask me that's pretty bad a**. God judges souls, the marines arrange the meeting.

I find the whole "redneck patriotism" just a tad offensive.

I do have to agree with ProjectOmicron88, religion is about hope, the hope too be forgiven in this case. The US Marines are trained to kill, and they do their jobs well. With a belief in God it's kind of a reassurance.

Pardon if it is. Considering that most of those I interact with fit into the criteria of "redneck patriots", I find it somewhat amusing.
I consider myself a Patriot, I value my rights and my freedoms, I look up to people in the military and hope to be one myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:24 pm
That's awesome. I like that people want to help their country be safe from tyranny.

What's not awesome is bragging about how giddy one becomes at the prospect of taking life. That is the issue at hand.  

Theophrastus

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:36 am
Theophrastus
What's not awesome is bragging about how giddy one becomes at the prospect of taking life.

At least not in real life. In Counter-Strike, it's a cause for celebration. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:20 pm
omg u pixel murderersders!!1  

Theophrastus

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:22 pm
Theophrastus
omg u pixel murderersders!!1

M-M-M-M-Monster Kill!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:51 pm
Theophrastus
That's awesome. I like that people want to help their country be safe from tyranny.

What's not awesome is bragging about how giddy one becomes at the prospect of taking life. That is the issue at hand.

Like I said.

Redneck patriotism.  

Tenth Speed Writer

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out