Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Psionics, From the start. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:18 pm
Obscurus
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ledon Kester
Mitsh
Alistair_Faust
actually physical manipulation is called Psychokinesis

Telekinesis and psychokinesis are one and the same - the only difference is the prefix - "tele" meaning "far" or "from a distance" and "psycho" meaning "mind, spirit or soul". Thus, "Moving from a distance" or "Moving via the mind".
But wouldn't you use psychokinesis since it is the umbrella term?

Telekinesis just denotes that it is movement at a distance; it doesn't imply that the mind is the cause. If we are speaking specifically about movement coming from the mind (and I think we are here) then psychokinesis would be technically correct for all of the "classifications."
So Psychokinesis then? XD

I consider telekinesis and psychokinesis to be interchangeable as people usually know what you're talking about with either if they're familiar with both words. It just depends on how technical you want to get. The parapsychology literature usually uses psychokinesis.
That's the one I'm going with then. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:55 pm
Has anyone here ever succeeded in moving an object with their mind? I've heard stories and stuff, but still. I myself have minor aerokinesis and thermokinesis, but it's not something you can say; I'm causing this.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:12 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou
Has anyone here ever succeeded in moving an object with their mind? I've heard stories and stuff, but still. I myself have minor aerokinesis and thermokinesis, but it's not something you can say; I'm causing this.

I've done it before. Nothing large though.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:41 am
Obscurus
Sonkurra-Taichou

like what a pencil?  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:34 pm
I moved a pen once, a few years ago. The shock was enormous, I saw the aura of the pen and my own so clearly. I've never been able to do it again to this day. I was so freaked out; and I think I blocked part of my mind from that. I wish I could practice again.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:37 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Obscurus
Sonkurra-Taichou

like what a pencil?

Pinwheel, both covered and uncovered. Uncovered is easier by far. I'm fairly certain that I've moved a plastic ball (like the ones in ball pits) and an empty soda can on its side. I can't be entirely sure though because I haven't been able to replicate it. Trying too hard seems to be detrimental.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 pm
So you can consistently make a pinwheel rotate inside with no air currents? Nifty. I wish I had even slight proof like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:59 pm
Very interesting concept! I'll give it a try later. It's an idea much like one I was reading about recently that you can use for protective purposes. I've heard of people who manipulate their auras to create mental shields to protect themselves from psychokinetic attacks.  

Madamoiselle Luna

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:52 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou
So you can consistently make a pinwheel rotate inside with no air currents? Nifty. I wish I had even slight proof like that.

The covered pinwheel isn't easy to do so I don't really try that much with it. I get bored with it easily. When I practice with an uncovered wheel I make sure that it's not being blown by a draft or my breath and that it's not convection from my body heat or something like that. I've even made a version made from a soda can so that the aluminum is heavier and doesn't move as easily.

That's my preferred material, actually: aluminum. Paper is okay, but aluminum has less friction at the point of contact with the pin/needle.

There will always be some doubt that it's a draft, but when you can make it move clockwise or counterclockwise at will then that removes a lot of the doubt. Hopefully I'll get around to practicing more with a covered wheel eventually.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:54 pm
Madamoiselle Luna
Very interesting concept! I'll give it a try later. It's an idea much like one I was reading about recently that you can use for protective purposes. I've heard of people who manipulate their auras to create mental shields to protect themselves from psychokinetic attacks.

I don't know about psychokinetic attacks, but shielding seems to work pretty well for mental attacks.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 pm
You know what would be nice? A guide to kinetics. Though I realize that would be difficult, seeing as there are kinetics of every kind ranging from pychokinetics to chronokinetics and more. It's always been something that interested me; And there are tons of guides on the internet, but a lot of them are bogus.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:48 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou
You know what would be nice? A guide to kinetics. Though I realize that would be difficult, seeing as there are kinetics of every kind ranging from pychokinetics to chronokinetics and more. It's always been something that interested me; And there are tons of guides on the internet, but a lot of them are bogus.

Psipog.net has the best guide that I've come across for PK. Everything else I've seen has been really vague or really complicated or chopped up and mixed with other stuff.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:52 am
Obscurus
Sonkurra-Taichou

Psipog.net has the best guide that I've come across for PK. Everything else I've seen has been really vague or really complicated or chopped up and mixed with other stuff.

*Bookmarks* Much thanks.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:17 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou
Obscurus
Sonkurra-Taichou

*Bookmarks* Much thanks.

You're welcome.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Sonkurra-Taichou
I feel you on this one. gonk  
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games