Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Cosplay - Kaori Yuki's Works Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghourry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:39 pm
I've never cosplayed a Yuki character (though i have done Belldandy and Myoubi outfits before, but on those two occasions I ended up being unable to go to the convention... and it sucked... better not happen again) but a friend of mine went as uh.... i forget the name, lol.... snake woman/man in the labyrinth where Kurai goes...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:35 pm
Aanzan
I've never cosplayed a Yuki character (though i have done Belldandy and Myoubi outfits before, but on those two occasions I ended up being unable to go to the convention... and it sucked... better not happen again) but a friend of mine went as uh.... i forget the name, lol.... snake woman/man in the labyrinth where Kurai goes...

Do you mean Astaroth?

I might be fun to cosplay as one of her characters cause I love their clothes, but I wouldn't look too good and I have no way to make/get the clothes. Hmm...I've always wanted to take up sewing though, might be fun to make those clothes.  

Bemused Dreamer

Ghourry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:39 pm
Rei_Kazeko
Aanzan

Do you mean Astaroth?

I might be fun to cosplay as one of her characters cause I love their clothes, but I wouldn't look too good and I have no way to make/get the clothes. Hmm...I've always wanted to take up sewing though, might be fun to make those clothes.

I've debated sewing as well. My Gran though is the best , simply give her a picture of what you want, your measurements, and she'll make it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:07 pm
Ooo! Cosplay. Someday I hope to cosplay as one of her characters or any character even. Im a poor girl with too much to do. I barely have time on gaia as it is with all my school, sports, and clubs. Damn them all. If I could cosplay a character I think I'd be good at any of them with long blondish hair. Mwhahaha! Who to choose...  

Tia Mia

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:22 am
Tia Mia
Ooo! Cosplay. Someday I hope to cosplay as one of her characters or any character even. Im a poor girl with too much to do. I barely have time on gaia as it is with all my school, sports, and clubs. Damn them all. If I could cosplay a character I think I'd be good at any of them with long blondish hair. Mwhahaha! Who to choose...

You could do Merryweather... if you have that long blondish hair, I envy you. I'd love to cosplay her, but I'd have to get a wig, and it's so damn expensive! xp  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:08 am
We-ell... I swore I'd never cosplay unless I was sure I could do a good, and decently accurate job, but it looks too darned cool, and so I decided that I'll very likely be trying this July.

I'm planning to do Raziel, from Angel Sanctuary. My hair's just about right, but will need to cut it again before then, and probably spray/temporarily dye it blond. The shirt shouldn't be too difficult, the pants either, despite the cut being funny, the shoes I have a vague idea where to buy, and the tie I've seen on sale.

But my problem is the wings. Should I do them or not? If I do them, the costume will look much more impressive, yes, but they'll not be easy, and I don't have much idea how to go about it.  

Shura Yukihime

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:55 am
Shura Yukihime
We-ell... I swore I'd never cosplay unless I was sure I could do a good, and decently accurate job, but it looks too darned cool, and so I decided that I'll very likely be trying this July.

I'm planning to do Raziel, from Angel Sanctuary. My hair's just about right, but will need to cut it again before then, and probably spray/temporarily dye it blond. The shirt shouldn't be too difficult, the pants either, despite the cut being funny, the shoes I have a vague idea where to buy, and the tie I've seen on sale.

But my problem is the wings. Should I do them or not? If I do them, the costume will look much more impressive, yes, but they'll not be easy, and I don't have much idea how to go about it.

If you did wings, I wouldnt recommend doing full size ones.
They get heavy and uncomfortable and are unwiedly if you plan to do any walking in them.
You can do the cute mini pair he has in that chapter leaf where he's sitting against the big teddy bear, hugging a plushie heart.
I did crow wings on one of my cosplays last summer, I just went to a craft store, bought a decorative raven, cut off its wings and sewed them to the back of my shirt.
It's stylized and cute and lightweight.
But if you want to wow, you could always get wings at a costuming place though all the ones Ive seen were subpar and look nothing like real wings.
You can try looking online to see private vendors that craft more realistic wings, but theyre bound to be pricey.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:11 am
Sai-kun

They get heavy and uncomfortable and are unwiedly if you plan to do any walking in them.
You can do the cute mini pair he has in that chapter leaf where he's sitting against the big teddy bear, hugging a plushie heart.
I did crow wings on one of my cosplays last summer, I just went to a craft store, bought a decorative raven, cut off its wings and sewed them to the back of my shirt.
But if you want to wow, you could always get wings at a costuming place though all the ones Ive seen were subpar and look nothing like real wings.
You can try looking online to see private vendors that craft more realistic wings, but theyre bound to be pricey.

Hmmm... So full-size wings, unless I'm sure they're wearable and walkable in, are out, at the moment anyway, unless my friends come up with an idea.

So maybe I'll try what you did, finding the wings then sewing them on. 3nodding

Finally, I'm kinda curious about the chapter leaf you mentioned... Do you have a picture of it? 'Cos I only have until book 3, since the publishers are SLOW... sweatdrop  

Shura Yukihime

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:20 am
Shura Yukihime
Sai-kun

Hmmm... So full-size wings, unless I'm sure they're wearable and walkable in, are out, at the moment anyway, unless my friends come up with an idea.

So maybe I'll try what you did, finding the wings then sewing them on. 3nodding

Finally, I'm kinda curious about the chapter leaf you mentioned... Do you have a picture of it? 'Cos I only have until book 3, since the publishers are SLOW... sweatdrop

Said picture

Here you go :3
Big wings are cool for short term things like photoshoots or skits, but if you're going to a con or something, you do NOT want those things on for hours...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:58 am
Sai-kun

Said picture

Big wings are cool for short term things like photoshoots or skits, but if you're going to a con or something, you do NOT want those things on for hours...

Right... Thanks for the information! I'm likely to be going for a con, or what passes for one in Singapore... And was considering taking the train with a whole lot of other cosplayers there. blaugh The pic's cute, but I'll leave it until I get more settled into the whole idea. For now, I think I'll likely be dressing according to his first outfit... the quite formal looking one of shirt and pants. But like everything else with me, that's tentative.  

Shura Yukihime

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:27 am
Shura Yukihime
Sai-kun

Said picture

Right... Thanks for the information! I'm likely to be going for a con, or what passes for one in Singapore... And was considering taking the train with a whole lot of other cosplayers there. blaugh The pic's cute, but I'll leave it until I get more settled into the whole idea. For now, I think I'll likely be dressing according to his first outfit... the quite formal looking one of shirt and pants. But like everything else with me, that's tentative.

Weeee! Take pictures!!
Im still deciding whether I'm going to go to the local cons this summer...
I really wany to cosplay but all my normal con-going friends are busy this summer and my schedule is quite packed as well ::sigh::  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:52 pm
Sai-kun

Weeee! Take pictures!!
I really wany to cosplay but all my normal con-going friends are busy this summer and my schedule is quite packed as well ::sigh::

I definitely will. 3nodding And even if I don't, someone else would... But whether I follow through with it depends on time and $$... Need these to do it successfully. sweatdrop

And well... I think you should go to the cons if you want to...  

Shura Yukihime

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:56 am
Shura Yukihime
Sai-kun

Weeee! Take pictures!!

I definitely will. 3nodding And even if I don't, someone else would... But whether I follow through with it depends on time and $$... Need these to do it successfully. sweatdrop

And well... I think you should go to the cons if you want to...

It'll probably come down to who is guesting at Otakon this year.
I look foward to the pictures!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:34 pm
Sai-kun

It'll probably come down to who is guesting at Otakon this year.
I look foward to the pictures!

Heh.. the event is in July... Which means you have a looooong wait. blaugh And I have a long time to play around with ideas. 3nodding  

Shura Yukihime

Fried Dishtowels

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:44 am
My friends and I cosplayed as Belial, Sara, and Arachne from Angel Sanctuary at school before finals.

One friend did a REALLY good job as Belial--she had a long black skirt, black boots, a black blazer with white ruffles from a shirt poking out, and a hat! She even painted her face lighter and dyed her hair red! After she put on some of the eyemakeup, our English teacher jumped and said she looked like she was on heroin.

My other friend went as Sara. She had a sailor-ish school uniform, and the loose socks and everything. The outfit was adorable! She didn't really look much like Sara, but the outfit totally rocked.

I had gone as Arachne, but didn't do a good job. I wanted to be Alexiel, but I ran out of time to make a dress crying . I had just had my hair cut and highlighted, so after playing with it enough, it sort of looked like Arachne's. And then because he dresses kind of like a whore, I wore my corset shirt with a short black skirt...

We plan on cosplaying again, but planning it out more. Next time, I'll take pictures.

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff