Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The crazy grandma/ and the church group Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi there
View Results

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:39 am
Theophrastus
The easy path, in my eyes, would be to lie about it and pretend to be a Christian or just stay "in the closet."

The virtuous choice would be to stick to your convictions and not let people crush you under their heel.

This does not mean that I suggest you cackle maniacally when people pray, turn the crucifixes upside down or draw a mustache on the Virgin Mary.

You should be kind and sweet to your family members who are in need, but you should be politely strong to those who challenge you.

Something should be said, a mission statement if you will. "Gramma, now isn't the time to make a big deal over this. We need to be there for our family and when things are done, we can address this issue. It's important to me, but I want to be there for everyone else, too. What I believe doesn't change what my family means to me."

The bottom line is that if you let them walk all over you now they won't respect your beliefs, but if you disrespect theirs you'll be in an even worse position. Stay true to yourself, answer their questions and put off your announcement until this mess with the hospital is over.

And my good will goes to your aunt.

LMAO...i seriouslu did think about doing the cross thing just to see if thered be a reaction from the nuns watching the chapel. But thankfully im not that big of an insult to people...or a prankster.

If they ask questions im here...i just don't like them labeling me directly without asking me.

plus the satanic religion is more...sex worship than devil worshipping from the start........(another rant.......)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:42 am
Habible
I agree with SaintChaos...I told my grandma I was atheist, and now she pretends that I don't exist/never have existed <_< (Despite the fact that I AM imaginary =P But I think ya know what I mean by it =)

reply to both habilble, and saint chaos.....

My grandmas not that drastic she just want attention and ignoring mer isnt getting attention now is it??? >, *laughs.

That sucks youve had to deal with it though....and saint choas......your veiws...are very diffrent from most that have awnsered. but point being........my familys illogical...if it looks satanic, and is written in blood...demons will plauge our house if you wear it.

*sighs...oh the 9deas my family refuses.......>, Sorry im in a weird mood today...  

Crooked_Lamb

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:07 pm
Lyoko_Alchemist
Habible
I agree with SaintChaos...I told my grandma I was atheist, and now she pretends that I don't exist/never have existed <_< (Despite the fact that I AM imaginary =P But I think ya know what I mean by it =)

reply to both habilble, and saint chaos.....

My grandmas not that drastic she just want attention and ignoring mer isnt getting attention now is it??? >, *laughs.

That sucks youve had to deal with it though....and saint choas......your veiws...are very diffrent from most that have awnsered. but point being........my familys illogical...if it looks satanic, and is written in blood...demons will plauge our house if you wear it.

*sighs...oh the 9deas my family refuses.......>, Sorry im in a weird mood today...

lol my views are always going to be different because its coming from a christian point of view smile hope you dont mind lol. but more or less im just trying to be sympathetic cuz that cant be easy to deal with when family members are chastising you and calling you satanic. how rude and inconsiderate. >_> at least in my opinion.

lol as a joke, you should paint a cross black and hang it upside down in one of their rooms and then put a full metal alchemist blood seal in red paint on the front yard xD

but yeah..just joking lol sorry  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:44 pm
and darn..........kidding..

but wow...i thought you might be with specific things you've said...they didnt sound like they were coming from an atheist.

Glad to have a widened opinion then.  

Crooked_Lamb

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:51 pm
and i dunno...black cross upside down...my grandma would start to think one of her grandoggies had turned into the antichrist. (She dotes on her two basset hounds....*rolls eyes, cute dogs but their spoiled and over fed)plus i could get sued for coping the omen couldn't i? (kidding)

The blood seal..........mabye if we lived in the same state...if i did here..no affect.

Not that i would do it anyway.........  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 pm
Lyoko_Alchemist
and i dunno...black cross upside down...my grandma would start to think one of her grandoggies had turned into the antichrist. (She dotes on her two basset hounds....*rolls eyes, cute dogs but their spoiled and over fed)plus i could get sued for coping the omen couldn't i? (kidding)

The blood seal..........mabye if we lived in the same state...if i did here..no affect.

Not that i would do it anyway.........

lol i WAS just kidding razz  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:44 pm
same.......but the ideas are just as bad....then i feel guilty......so try sleeping at night now all guilt ridden im thinking these things

Joking joking..

blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:07 pm
Lyoko_Alchemist
same.......but the ideas are just as bad....then i feel guilty......so try sleeping at night now all guilt ridden im thinking these things

Joking joking..

blaugh

lol ROFL COPTER ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Niveous

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:18 pm
Theophrastus
The easy path, in my eyes, would be to lie about it and pretend to be a Christian or just stay "in the closet."

The virtuous choice would be to stick to your convictions and not let people crush you under their heel.

This does not mean that I suggest you cackle maniacally when people pray, turn the crucifixes upside down or draw a mustache on the Virgin Mary.

You should be kind and sweet to your family members who are in need, but you should be politely strong to those who challenge you.

Something should be said, a mission statement if you will. "Gramma, now isn't the time to make a big deal over this. We need to be there for our family and when things are done, we can address this issue. It's important to me, but I want to be there for everyone else, too. What I believe doesn't change what my family means to me."

The bottom line is that if you let them walk all over you now they won't respect your beliefs, but if you disrespect theirs you'll be in an even worse position. Stay true to yourself, answer their questions and put off your announcement until this mess with the hospital is over.

And my good will goes to your aunt.

hahahah. I mean. You are brilliant. It is benevolent, and completely true.

From what she says, she is not dealing with an open minded group of Christians. She deals with the bible belt kind ( I think so anyway)

I mean, "my satanic grand daughter" That is pretty painful. To be politely strong in your belief is fine. But it just seems a waste. Some people don't learn, don't listen, and have no desire to ever try.

Opening some ears is just not worth the verbal abuse she'll get. Face it, Atheists are treated worse than pretty much all minorities. Just quietly bow your head like the Siolux person suggested. I think its best.

Why? You don't get stressed. They don't hound you. If you can handle it....fighting back...openly....and calmly..and politely......do it.

I personally don't have the heart to tell my family. It would just hurt them. I am not trying to convert them or open their eyes to other possibilities. Let them live in denial if they are so closed minded I say. They had all their life to at least give something else a try. Who am I to force it on them?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:19 pm
Atheists were under poll the least trusted people in the us...Bs i think....  

Crooked_Lamb

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces