ALL OF THEM!
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:47 am
Icysnowgirl
sweatdrop God, I'm so behind in the times of Pokemon.... can someone tell me what is going on? What are these titles?

Fire Red and Leaf Green are GBA SP remakes of Red & Blue, with all the nice spoofty upgrades that Ruby/Sapphire had. (Except contests. *pout*) They're due in September. *has hers on reserve*

Emerald is like Crystal or Yellow -- a special version of Ruby/Sapphire. I don't know when it's due out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:51 am
eek Wo3w! Just just found that there are three status' depicted in people's siggies. Online, Offline, and Hidden....hidden is teh NINJA! ninja  

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:08 am
I plan to get Fire Red simply because, I've already gone through Leaf Green as Blue version.

I'll get Emerald if I learn there's some interesting new feature maybe we can get Celebi and Mew this time around? I assume Emerald at least has a different story to R/S seeing how they revolved around a certain pokemon, but who knows. Maybe we get both?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:00 pm
I hope Emerald is like Yellow you only get one Poke'mon choice to start with and the Poke'mon follows you. I bet that won't happen I love Yellow. The first version I got. ( I would love it even more if they didn't delete the tricks from Red/Blue.)  

Tenshi the Wingly

Load Chaud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:34 pm
FireRed and LeafGreen are remakes of Red and Blue, respectively. But like Metroid Zerio Mission (GBA) is to Metroid (NES), it isn't just a mere remake with pretty graphics. It has A LOT of new stuff!
First of all, the battle system is the same of that in Ruby and Sapphire (including all of the new moves). Then, you can choose to be a male or female Trainer (first done in Crystal Version). Running Shoes and other R/S items are here, too. A new Pokédex, and the new Backpack returns as well. The Backpack also shows images for all of the items (TMs and HMs look like CDs. WTF?). Another feature is how the game shows a flashback of the last thing you did when you start up the game.
A new area called Seven Islands has some Johto Pokémon not found elsewhere in Kanto. The Wireless Adapter is the biggest thing. It's included free with the game (yay!), and allows for several features. Wireless battling and trading, for one. Then something called the Union Room, which is kind of like a chatroom. Then, there's some wireless minigames to be played.

Emerald is the Third Version of the Advanced Generation. Though, it's probably more like Crystal than Yellow. Some things I've noticed is that Rayquaza is the "star" Pokémon, Brendan and May have new clothes, and it will work with the Wireless Adapter (not sure if it comes with one, though). I believe that you have to now fight both Team Magma and Team Aqua, and thus, both Kyogre and Groundon are catchable.

I'll be getting all three games. I am for now and forever, a Pokémaniac.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:36 pm
Load Chaud
(TMs and HMs look like CDs. WTF?).

You know, I've always wondered what those things looked like...  

Ginga

HitoNoJiko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:38 pm
Nyan! In the comic book thingy I got free with some Pokémon merchandise, TMs look like little boxes... and you break it above a Pokémon's head and this little dust comes down over its head and it learns the move... not sure how that'd work with HMs, though o_O

I, personally, will be getting all three. Just because I'm a PokéJunkie xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:55 pm
In the TCG, TMs also looked like cubes.

But in FR/LG... they're discs. So... what? Do Pokémon have a secret CD-ROM hidden in them? Or do you make 'em eat the discs?! Seriously. This is werid stuff.  

Load Chaud

HitoNoJiko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:56 pm
Maybe you stick it in your Pokédex and your Pokémon watches a movie that teaches them how to do the move...and the TMs self-destruct after they've seen the movie! o_O;;;  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:03 am
*sighs* I duno if I'll have the cash for any new games.  

Icysnowgirl

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kage-bushin-no-neko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:13 pm
im saving up but i probley will get one for my birthday because my birthday is on september 26 and its relzed in storys on september 7  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:18 pm
Taiyoukai_Okibi
I'll get fire red then emerald and leaf green last.

and I will not go any farther on my fire red till I get a shiney charmander! xp
what do you mean go farther on fire red? it comes to stores in september 9  

Kage-bushin-no-neko

Dantae Incarnadine

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:32 pm
I want them all but I'm lusting after Fire Red... whee

Wow, that sounded kinda wrong....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:20 pm
Aya Sumner
I want them all but I'm lusting after Fire Red... whee

Wow, that sounded kinda wrong....

Mmmm, lust. xp  

Ginga

Odango Usagi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:21 am
I saw this awesome commercial for FR/LG the other day (which came right before this commercial for the YGO movie, ha xd ), and now I can reserve my copy today! biggrin

That is, if I had cash... crying  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces