Unfinished Tales Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:36 pm
Yeah I was hoping for a more direct site.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:56 am
sweatdrop So sorry! Wikipedia might be the best choice though razz  

churrlo

Londo Mollari

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:13 pm
In the Silmarillion, it never says where Morwen went when she was lost in the mists of Glaurung's coming, "and of Morwen indeed no sure tidings came ever to Doriath after." All else that is said of her in the Silmarillion version is of her meeting with Hurin at the grave of their children. After scanning through the Unfinished Tales version, I found nothing additional about Morwen in there.

As to the efficacy of the curse, I think it was not so much necessarily a ruling of Turin's fate as it was a conscious, directed effort toward him using what servants were available. Morgoth's voice and the lies it told hold a power over Middle Earth all their own, and indeed they outlasted him. It says in the Silmarillion that Morgoth was ever searching for news of Turin - I think that, rather than being able to simply control his destiny, he sought for chances to interfere with his life.

Turin's curse was also fulfilled through his own failings - he was proud and arrogant, and if he had been willing to listen to others' counsel, there were many chances for him to avoid what befell.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:25 am
Oooo interesting take ^^  

churrlo

-Luthien123-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:01 pm
Well, I think that Morgoth did have a literal hand in their demise.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:11 pm
I see surprised  

churrlo

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:35 pm
Luthien123
Well, I think that Morgoth did have a literal hand in their demise.
Considering he was still hiding away and keeping a low profile he wouldn't want to directly kill. If you include manipulating and perhaps influencing mentally or through other people, Morgoth did have a literal hand, but one that is harder to incriminate himself. Besides it wasn't like he was starting a war or anything...yet....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:41 am
I agree completely ^_^  

churrlo

SYFFER

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:59 pm
My position is the same as it was two years ago (see second post). I don't believe that Morgoth needs to declare war though. He declared war on everyone when he rebelled and left the Valar. I think it's safe to assume that everything he does is an act of war.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:11 am
Interesting view blaugh  

churrlo

Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out