Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Stem Cell Research Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stance
  Pro-life
  Pro-research
  On the Fence
View Results

Kysaara

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:08 pm
yeah I can honestly say that I don't know much either, I don't really want the killing if you can avoid it by taking the umbilical cords, after all there are quite a few more babies born that used for stem cell, so the scientists could be up to their ears in the cords without killing/destroying babies/cells or whatever  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:53 am
I agree with that. But can you really get all the necessary stuff with only the cords?  

RenFlower

Kysaara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:01 pm
that's what I heard but, if anyone knows for sure that would be better...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:41 am
I looked it up. I don't completely understand it, but i think that the cord cells only carry one category of stem cells.  

RenFlower

allypoohbear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:09 pm
There are other ways to get these cells than by killing innocent children. You can get it from the umbilical chords as someone already said, or from the placenta after birth. The same stem cells found in aborted babies can also be found in these thing. So there is no reason to kill these poor children  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 pm
Mouse of Water
BlueSpartan058
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower
Still, think of all the benefits and lives that would be saved. Isn't it worth it?

and if it doesnt work, millions killed... and its not like stem cell research on embryos is the only way

I agree with 117, plus humanity has survived without stem cell research for thousands of years, we could be fine without it.

Yep!!! to top this subject off I was reading yesterday

'If your Pro-life and wrong, you at least thought you were saving lifes

If your Pro-Choice and wrong, you slaughtered millions'

So isn't it better to be Pro-life and wrong???
I'm pro choice and correct.  

Zeptan

Zeptan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:08 am
allypoohbear
There are other ways to get these cells than by killing innocent children. You can get it from the umbilical chords as someone already said, or from the placenta after birth. The same stem cells found in aborted babies can also be found in these thing. So there is no reason to kill these poor children
If that was true, why would they continue to do this?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:41 pm
game100guy
allypoohbear

honestly...because it costs less money and it's easier to do.  

allypoohbear

Zeptan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:34 pm
allypoohbear
game100guy
allypoohbear

Oh....thankyou. But I'm pro choice, not that I'm like, "Kill that damn baby!!!!" I'm not sure about this stem cell research matter....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:41 am
game100guy
Mouse of Water
BlueSpartan058
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower
Still, think of all the benefits and lives that would be saved. Isn't it worth it?

and if it doesnt work, millions killed... and its not like stem cell research on embryos is the only way

I agree with 117, plus humanity has survived without stem cell research for thousands of years, we could be fine without it.

Yep!!! to top this subject off I was reading yesterday

'If your Pro-life and wrong, you at least thought you were saving lifes

If your Pro-Choice and wrong, you slaughtered millions'

So isn't it better to be Pro-life and wrong???
I'm pro choice and correct.

So can you come up with an absolute argument then that rules out any chance that you could be slightly (or in my opinion all) wrong?  

Kysaara

singin4Christ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:36 pm
i'm all for stem cell research as long as it's not embriotic stemcell research. stem cells as was said earier can be found in the umbilical ord but they can also be found in fat. and we all know that the US has a surplus of that. My uncle was paralyzed and even he was against it. even though it may have saved his life he didn't want children to die because of it. i side with him. there are other places to find stem cells.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:12 am
Zeptan
allypoohbear
game100guy
allypoohbear

Oh....thankyou. But I'm pro choice, not that I'm like, "Kill that damn baby!!!!" I'm not sure about this stem cell research matter....

Finally someone who admits a 'fetus' is equivalent to a 'baby' that's prochoice, although I completely disagree with him, and I understand you said you AREN'T like 'kill the d*** baby' ~!!!  

The Hallowed Mouse

RenFlower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:55 pm
So...we should just let the aborted babies die useless? At least this way they are useful in their death.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:48 pm
no. many of the babies used in the testing are created in a lab. they are being created so they can die. there is no cause noble enough to kill millions of children.  

singin4Christ

RenFlower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:20 pm
So your saying that you would rather them not come into existance at all? I think it would be better that they serve a perpose rather than never existing at all.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff