Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Abortion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stance
  Pro-life
  Only when the mother's life is endangered
  Only during first trimester
  Only during first two trimesters
  Pro-choice
  On the Fence
View Results

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:50 am
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower
It's not really a person yet! Next you'll want sterilization illegal! And you haven't addressed my other arguements yet. Can you come up with a decent arguement for them? Not trying to be nasty or anything, though i probably sound it...

well... if its not really a person, then why is it that when a pregnant mother gets killed, the killer is put on trial for 2 murders: the woman and the fetus. So technically, the justice system sees the fetus as human, giving it the HUMAN right to life

Like the Case of OJ Simpson! You're probably one of those people who only believes it's alive after conceived, when it's biological alive after conjugation. If that were the case, then why does it seem wrong to kill a pregnant deer in hunting??? Because you just killed a mother expecting, which is, ew, wrong!!! Although the case sounds wierd it's true. My 'theory' as you called it dealing with robbers and robbing legalized is just a thought put out there to show that people still do bad things in a law made world! As for your 68000 I heard from certain sources that only 10% of woman go out and have illegal abortions, and if they get killed in the process that's there fault!!! Most of the people who perform those do it in a hospital by a doctor whose pro-choice, so if this were the case then the pro-choicers are killing themselves, very rarely is it seen where a woman grabs a knife and does it herself, or with someone else in a backally!!!

And I believe my argument is decent enough to fulfill a stature for a base argument!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:22 pm
RenFlower
Well, yes that is true. But what if they completely protect themselves but they get pregnant. If they are school age, it would, as i said before, hinder their education and probably cause them to end up either unemployed or financially insecure. Here's another issue though, what if the baby was diagnosed with some kind of birth defect. Such as extreme paralisis or something that could either kill them or cause them alot of suffering? Is an abortion justified then?

no... because its not your choice to make... you cannot deprive someone of the right to live (unless they are a murder)  

Dark_Spartan117

RenFlower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:48 pm
Mouse of Water
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower
It's not really a person yet! Next you'll want sterilization illegal! And you haven't addressed my other arguements yet. Can you come up with a decent arguement for them? Not trying to be nasty or anything, though i probably sound it...

well... if its not really a person, then why is it that when a pregnant mother gets killed, the killer is put on trial for 2 murders: the woman and the fetus. So technically, the justice system sees the fetus as human, giving it the HUMAN right to life

Like the Case of OJ Simpson! You're probably one of those people who only believes it's alive after conceived, when it's biological alive after conjugation. If that were the case, then why does it seem wrong to kill a pregnant deer in hunting??? Because you just killed a mother expecting, which is, ew, wrong!!! Although the case sounds wierd it's true. My 'theory' as you called it dealing with robbers and robbing legalized is just a thought put out there to show that people still do bad things in a law made world! As for your 68000 I heard from certain sources that only 10% of woman go out and have illegal abortions, and if they get killed in the process that's there fault!!! Most of the people who perform those do it in a hospital by a doctor whose pro-choice, so if this were the case then the pro-choicers are killing themselves, very rarely is it seen where a woman grabs a knife and does it herself, or with someone else in a backally!!!

And I believe my argument is decent enough to fulfill a stature for a base argument!

Those numbers HAVE been proven! Yes, I don't think a fetus is alive. I stated that way to many times! And I don't like being lumped in with the rest of pro-choicers! Just because I'm pro-choice doesn't mean that i'm just "one of those people". And yes, I don't think it's alive. I believe I stated that! As for the dear and OJ analogy, those fetus's were killed along with their mothers. With the owner of the body having no choice in it whatsoever. She isn't Sharing it with an embryo, she is being FORCED to foster something she doesn't want, and is potentially dangerous to her financial and health situation! What kind of child will that raise?! I've seen way to many unwanted children abused and killed, scarred and battered for life. And ones that turn to drugs and harm other innocent people. Some become rapists, others sociopaths. The mother's become depressed, unable to properly raise their children. That's what the coldness of being unwanted brings. This could be prevented by removing the unwanted being.
Now that's my base argument.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:23 pm
RenFlower
Mouse of Water
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower

Those numbers HAVE been proven! Yes, I don't think a fetus is alive. I stated that way to many times! And I don't like being lumped in with the rest of pro-choicers! Just because I'm pro-choice doesn't mean that i'm just "one of those people". And yes, I don't think it's alive. I believe I stated that! As for the dear and OJ analogy, those fetus's were killed along with their mothers. With the owner of the body having no choice in it whatsoever. She isn't Sharing it with an embryo, she is being FORCED to foster something she doesn't want, and is potentially dangerous to her financial and health situation! What kind of child will that raise?! I've seen way to many unwanted children abused and killed, scarred and battered for life. And ones that turn to drugs and harm other innocent people. Some become rapists, others sociopaths. The mother's become depressed, unable to properly raise their children. That's what the coldness of being unwanted brings. This could be prevented by removing the unwanted being. So you don't have to get so friggin' NASTY!

Now that's MY base argument.

yeah... lets just and keep the mean comments to minimum... the only thing i have to say is that i dont think someone should decide whether a innocent child lives or dies... regardless of the situation, because everyone deserves a shot at life, what you do with it is up to you... and by the way, some of the greatest humans in history started off as poor, drug addicted children  

Dark_Spartan117

StoveCovenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:35 pm
You cannot enforce your beliefs onto others, religion says a fetus is alive but science says otherwise. So we must not make laws that benefit the majority, we need laws for the minority. If you believe that it is murder, just dont get an abortion. If you believe that life is not life unless it can survive on its own, then you can get an abortion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:37 pm
StoveCovenant
You cannot enforce your beliefs onto others, religion says a fetus is alive but science says otherwise. So we must not make laws that benefit the majority, we need laws for the minority. If you believe that it is murder, just dont get an abortion. If you believe that life is not life unless it can survive on its own, then you can get an abortion.

ok.... so... should all the retarded people be killed... what all the disabled people... because they cant live life on their own?  

Dark_Spartan117

StoveCovenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:43 pm
Dark_Spartan117
StoveCovenant

ok.... so... should all the retarded people be killed... what all the disabled people... because they cant live life on their own?

Pardon, I do not think that you understood what i said. And i think you know what i ment. Up until the third trimester a fetus is nothing but a mass of cells, no intelegence, no live exept for the individual cells, mentaly handicapped and elderly still have inteligence. While a braindead person is a mass of cells with no intelegence or purpose. So people keep them alive for sentamental reasons.
I was rambling a bit towards the end...
And by the way good response, I had to think about that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:54 pm
StoveCovenant
Dark_Spartan117
StoveCovenant

Pardon, I do not think that you understood what i said. And i think you know what i ment. Up until the third trimester a fetus is nothing but a mass of cells, no intelegence, no live exept for the individual cells, mentaly handicapped and elderly still have inteligence. While a braindead person is a mass of cells with no intelegence or purpose. So people keep them alive for sentamental reasons.

yes but isn't the "mass of cells" going to be a living breathing human?  

Kysaara

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:13 am
RenFlower
Mouse of Water
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower

Those numbers HAVE been proven! Yes, I don't think a fetus is alive. I stated that way to many times! And I don't like being lumped in with the rest of pro-choicers! Just because I'm pro-choice doesn't mean that i'm just "one of those people". And yes, I don't think it's alive. I believe I stated that! As for the dear and OJ analogy, those fetus's were killed along with their mothers. With the owner of the body having no choice in it whatsoever. She isn't Sharing it with an embryo, she is being FORCED to foster something she doesn't want, and is potentially dangerous to her financial and health situation! What kind of child will that raise?! I've seen way to many unwanted children abused and killed, scarred and battered for life. And ones that turn to drugs and harm other innocent people. Some become rapists, others sociopaths. The mother's become depressed, unable to properly raise their children. That's what the coldness of being unwanted brings. This could be prevented by removing the unwanted being. So you don't have to get so friggin' NASTY!

Now that's MY base argument.

The mother is only parenting herself, and basically a stomache the size of a pea. According to the 'Safe Haven' laws a child after birth can be dropped off at a hospital, fire station, or police station and be put directly into foster care, so she doesn't need to keep it, just give birth to it! Being pregnant costs little money, a once a month checkup, by choice, frankly all a mother needs to do is get pregnant and give birth, but in this century everything is so medical that it's recommended that you go see a monthly checkup!=

Sorry for sounding mean sweatdrop it wasn't meant to sound that way!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:18 am
StoveCovenant
Dark_Spartan117
StoveCovenant

Religion may state that a child is seen as a life since conjugation, but also does science. Science Biology states that a life starts at conjugation (meeting of sperm and egg). We are only recorded as being citizens after we come out of the womb because miscarriages were a normal thing in the 1800s, and 1700s, along with the early 1900s.

Yes, before the last trimester we are just a mass of cells, bacteria are considered living even though they are just one cell. The fact that these 'mass of cells' rely on the woman for support and can become a 'living' thing by your definition makes it wrong to kill it! We could be missing thousands of cures from for the future because what we are doing now... though that sounds corny.  

The Hallowed Mouse

RenFlower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:27 pm
Yeah, I'm sorry too Mouse. Like i said, my best friend and i clash on almost all of our opinions, so i should be able to keep my head better. I agree with StoveCovenant. If you believe it's wrong, then don't get one. But you can't really make it illegal, because the government isn't allowed to take religion into consideration when making decisions. And if science says it isn't alive, and religion says otherwise, they take the science route.

I'm not sure of my politcal party, and it would help if someone could tell me what it was. According to my obvious stances.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:32 pm
RenFlower
Yeah, I'm sorry too Mouse. Like i said, my best friend and i clash on almost all of our opinions, so i should be able to keep my head better. I agree with StoveCovenant. If you believe it's wrong, then don't get one. But you can't really make it illegal, because the government isn't allowed to take religion into consideration when making decisions. And if science says it isn't alive, and religion says otherwise, they take the science route.

I'm not sure of my politcal party, and it would help if someone could tell me what it was. According to my obvious stances.

im pretty sure your a liberal... and i guess i see your point... but ive met many people who had abortions and later on in life were devestated knowing that they killed a human, its all a matter of morals, if you can live with killing a human then fine, i guess abortion is fine, but i feel sorry for the person your killing, who never had a chance to exprience life  

Dark_Spartan117

RenFlower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:58 pm
Yeah, my parents are both conservative, so i wasn't sure what i was. What's the difference between Democrats/Republicans and Liberals/conservatives?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:17 pm
RenFlower
Yeah, my parents are both conservative, so i wasn't sure what i was. What's the difference between Democrats/Republicans and Liberals/conservatives?

republicans usually have conservative views (i.e. pro-life, pro-death penalty, and such) and democrates have more liberal views (pretty much the opposite of republicans)  

Dark_Spartan117

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces