Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
War in Iraq Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

War in Iraq
  For
  Against
View Results

RA-22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:53 pm
Dark_Spartan117
RA-22
Mouse of Water
RA-22
RenFlower

First off, what's the Quar'an? I don't have a direct quote, but i hear about it on the news and stuff alot. Wasn't the legitimate reason for this terrorism in their country?

The Quar'an is the religious text of the Islamic religion, their equivalent of the Bible. You clearly no nothing about the Muslim people except what your spoon fed by the media so how can you possibly make such a judgment on all of Islamic society. Also, a lot of countries harbor terrorists, like Syria and Iran, though we're not invading any of those countries.

"spoonfed" you obviously no nothing about America. One the only thing we are spoonfed is that we should be outta there. We don't care what there faith is just the fact they killed 4000 of our men on our soil (Terrorists from Al Queda) and second it's Koran... that's how we spell it in the US of A!!! We just are preventing another 9/11!!! smile

1. Al Queda is simply one group, they do not represent all Muslims, so all of Islam is not responsible for this ONE terrorist attack.
2. In the US of A, we spell it either way.
3. Please do explain how are actions will prevent another 911 type attack. If anything we're simply providing terrorist groups with more of a reason to attack America.

think about it dude... if we took this laying down that would make us look like we would never strike back... and so they would attack again and again, to make us look weak... which we cannot have, espically with iran and north korea breathing down our necks

But how does a terrorist attack against America justify the the invasion of a country that really had not much to do with the war on terror. Also regarding Iran and North Korea, it's really the opposite way around, the rest of the world is breathing down their necks and hopefully through Diplomatic means we can smooth things out and avoid more wars that will simply cost more human life.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:25 pm
RA-22
Dark_Spartan117
RA-22
Mouse of Water
RA-22
RenFlower

First off, what's the Quar'an? I don't have a direct quote, but i hear about it on the news and stuff alot. Wasn't the legitimate reason for this terrorism in their country?

The Quar'an is the religious text of the Islamic religion, their equivalent of the Bible. You clearly no nothing about the Muslim people except what your spoon fed by the media so how can you possibly make such a judgment on all of Islamic society. Also, a lot of countries harbor terrorists, like Syria and Iran, though we're not invading any of those countries.

"spoonfed" you obviously no nothing about America. One the only thing we are spoonfed is that we should be outta there. We don't care what there faith is just the fact they killed 4000 of our men on our soil (Terrorists from Al Queda) and second it's Koran... that's how we spell it in the US of A!!! We just are preventing another 9/11!!! smile

1. Al Queda is simply one group, they do not represent all Muslims, so all of Islam is not responsible for this ONE terrorist attack.
2. In the US of A, we spell it either way.
3. Please do explain how are actions will prevent another 911 type attack. If anything we're simply providing terrorist groups with more of a reason to attack America.

think about it dude... if we took this laying down that would make us look like we would never strike back... and so they would attack again and again, to make us look weak... which we cannot have, espically with iran and north korea breathing down our necks

But how does a terrorist attack against America justify the the invasion of a country that really had not much to do with the war on terror. Also regarding Iran and North Korea, it's really the opposite way around, the rest of the world is breathing down their necks and hopefully through Diplomatic means we can smooth things out and avoid more wars that will simply cost more human life.

saddamn was funding terroist activites and he was also a dictator... and we didnt just go in for the war on terror, congress ageed on 15 other reasons (like not allowing U.N. inspectors into his country)... and i dont think their will be any reasoning with North Korea, maybe iran but i doubt it  

Dark_Spartan117

RenFlower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:55 pm
"Diplomatic Means"? Are you forgetting that these are the people that crashed a plane into the twin towers to punish us? The people who reguraly strap bombs to their chests in order to kill soldiers and innocent civilians? Somehow, i don't think that's gonna work.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:26 pm
RenFlower
"Diplomatic Means"? Are you forgetting that these are the people that crashed a plane into the twin towers to punish us? The people who reguraly strap bombs to their chests in order to kill soldiers and innocent civilians? Somehow, i don't think that's gonna work.

Actually if you read closer, you'll see I was talking about reaching Diplomatic solutions with North Korea and Iran.  

RA-22

Kysaara

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:33 pm
RenFlower

Yeah and they raise their kids the same way. Take for instance the cartoons they watch whitch glorify suicide bombings (in the Quaran if you die as a martyr/suicide bomber) you get instant access to heave (no bridge that ways good and evil acts) and you get like 70 virgins or whatever. But anyway I watched this one cartoon where the dude jumps off a cliff onto a convoy of troops and pulls a grenade and blows everyone up. It would be more rational to throw the grenades he had down, but these terrorists arn't rational.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:35 am
Yeah! While blowing them all up isn't the answer, i don't think talking it out is going to work.  

RenFlower

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:00 am
RenFlower

While blowing them up isn't the answer I don't think talking it out is gonna work either!

Exactly!!! We need to stop another 9/11, apparantly people forget how good we got it here in America, in places like Africa children are killed by terrorists group everyday while trying to get some well water 300miles away from their village! Why don't the peace protestors take their act out their in Bagdahd where people wearing a cross are thrown off a building on a cross?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:32 pm
RA-22
RenFlower
For it. The muslims religion tells them to kill anyone not within their religion, right? Doing nothing would just cause more terrorism.

How about you get an actual quote from the Qur'ān that says that. Also how does that justify the invasion of a country? Anyways, I'm against the war since their were no legitimate reasons for it. However, now that we are in Iraq we can't just leave it in disarray.

Reason we went to Iraq:
1. America and Britains CIA confirmed that Saddam had the possession of WMD's, and Saddam was even boasting about it.
2. America asks Saddam to let in inspectors to check for weapons. Saddam refuses.
3. Iraq had 15 sanctions against it from the UN, and still wasn't "following the rules". We had to put it in check.

Zeptan

Gelasius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:17 am
Did we forget who we're really supposed to be going to war with? Osama Bin Laden? Remember him? this president waited how long to go into the mountains where he was hiding to get him and then was surprised to find he wasn't there? He's either totally incompetent or he let Bin Laden get away.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:20 pm
game100guy
RA-22
RenFlower
For it. The muslims religion tells them to kill anyone not within their religion, right? Doing nothing would just cause more terrorism.

How about you get an actual quote from the Qur'ān that says that. Also how does that justify the invasion of a country? Anyways, I'm against the war since their were no legitimate reasons for it. However, now that we are in Iraq we can't just leave it in disarray.

Reason we went to Iraq:
1. America and Britains CIA confirmed that Saddam had the possession of WMD's, and Saddam was even boasting about it.
2. America asks Saddam to let in inspectors to check for weapons. Saddam refuses.
3. Iraq had 15 sanctions against it from the UN, and still wasn't "following the rules". We had to put it in check.

Finally someone knows what's their talking about...the real reasons for going to war. So many ppl don't realize that Saddam had ignored all of his warnings, and broke the treaty he had made. Then after "aiding" terrorists, he deserved all he got. And honestly, those who say we aren't donig any good over there...just talk to anyone whose been there. I spent a whole month working in one of the best military hospitals in the country with orthopedic patients who had their arms and legs cut off from Iraqi terrorists, and the only thing that keeps them going is the hope that they can go back. I've heard countless stories and seen the pictures of all the good they are doing over there. It's disgusting that the media makes everything we do look bad, when we are building hospitals and schools and bringing in supplies to them. Most of them are extremely grateful. It's only the insurgents and terrorists from other countries, who don't even belong to iraq, that cause most of the trouble  

allypoohbear

Gelasius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:02 am
There were no Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:36 am
Gelasius

i'm sorry but just because we were not able to find them, does not mean that they weren't there. We have satellite images of hundred of covered trucks leaving iraq, and who knows what was in them. Saddam had enough time to take them out of the country, since it took us years to finally punish him.  

allypoohbear

Zeptan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:43 pm
allypoohbear
Gelasius

i'm sorry but just because we were not able to find them, does not mean that they weren't there. We have satellite images of hundred of covered trucks leaving iraq, and who knows what was in them. Saddam had enough time to take them out of the country, since it took us years to finally punish him.
OMG, THANK-YOU!! No one seems to understand that. Everyone says, "Well you don't know what it was."

And did you guys know that we found tanks and planes buried in the Iraqi deserts? Yea, I think he could of hidden bombs in them, don't you?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:21 am
Yeah. What else would he have put in there...  

RenFlower

Kysaara

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:22 am
RenFlower
Yeah. What else would he have put in there...

all the bodies of his own people that opposed his dictatorship and tyranny?  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff