Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Oh lookie here...something making fun of us atheists! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pollwhores
  GIMME GOLD
View Results

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:36 pm
Man, I don't fit any of these generalizations. Exept for 4. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:30 pm
Rouroken
Man, I don't fit any of these generalizations. Exept for 4. xd

Since life is a result of sex, it's not really unreasonable to put a great value on sex. You'd like to foster a new generation, wouldn't you?

And yeah, I know the generalization refers to recreational sex, but hey...that's why we call 'em "generalizations".  

ProjectOmicron88

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:37 pm
Embracing atheism doesn't entail living a life all about sex. It just means that you don't really have anything to say during sex.

Except maybe "Oh Darwin!" or "Oh Evolution!"

Fifty points if your partner's name is Darwin.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:22 am
Semper Fiasco
Embracing atheism doesn't entail living a life all about sex. It just means that you don't really have anything to say during sex.

Except maybe "Oh Darwin!" or "Oh Evolution!"

Fifty points if your partner's name is Darwin.

OH MY SCIENCE, Oh SCIENCE Darwin! ;D  

Tenth Speed Writer

Cirosan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:48 pm
De Psycho Lil Beasteh
Quote:
"If you are atheist you fall into these demographies:

1. Has NO concept of weirdo and none-weirdo
2. Filled with pride and think your to smart to have faith
3. Thinks scientific evidence is the ULTIMATE evidence and wont think on any other grounds
4. Thinks life is ALL about sex
5. More likely to become a criminal as you belieave there is no supreem being that will punish you for your sins no matter what.
6. More likely to be a coward as you dont think your soul will be saved if you have been faithful enough.
7. stupid
8. Likely to go to hell
9. All of the above"

I found that on a site somewhere..anyway, post comments or something.

Alright, I'll bite. Hell, I'll even play by your rules. That's right; I'll nullify all of your claims using the Bible! Ready? Watch:

Jesus Christ, The Bible, Matthew 22:36-40
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Oh, so close! Unfortunately, you're far from loving your neighbor with statements like the above. Let's continue:

Luke 2:14
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Again, so close. Unfortunately, again, your above statements do not qualify as good will towards men nor peace on Earth. Let's continue:

Matthew 2:5-7
Judge not, lest ye be judged.

You're judging us, sir. Following the Bible, we now get to judge you.

Firstly, you've broken three key morals the Bible teaches. I take it that this isn't the first time, either. From what I understand, aside from vastly contradicting passages, Bible-believing folk are taught to be peacemakers, and if attacked, to turn the other cheek. You, sir, are neither. You are not a peacemaker nor are you turning the other cheek. You attack an opponent (albeit verbally) without provocation, making your actions not only unjust but blasphemy. Jesus does not teach that; what code are you following?

Following the "judge not, lest ye be judged" code, I'll proceed, seeing as how I'm not yet done. This time, I'll play by my rules, seeing as how now that it's my turn, all bets are off. My rule is science. I'll take on five of your points at once:

Heretic
1. Has NO concept of weirdo and none-weirdo
2. Filled with pride and think your to smart to have faith
4. Thinks life is ALL about sex
6. More likely to be a coward as you dont think your soul will be saved if you have been faithful enough.
7. stupid

The Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2006 Edition
atheism, noun;
1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Where in the definition of Atheism does it describe a lack of concept of "weirdo and none-weirdo," arrogance, an obsession with sex, lack of intelligence, or cowardice? Nowhere. Therefore, Atheism does not teach any of the points you've stated. Next:

Heretic
3. Thinks scientific evidence is the ULTIMATE evidence and wont think on any other grounds

The Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2006 Edition
science, noun;
knowledge, as of facts or principles; knowledge gained by systematic study.

One obtains evidence through systematic study. Therefore, science is evidence, and that is why we believe scientific evidence alone, as non-scientific evidence is not actually evidence.

Heretic
5. More likely to become a criminal as you belieave there is no supreem being that will punish you for your sins no matter what.

Statistics show that Atheists actually have lower crime rates than Theists. Google that to prove it; there are many websites detailing those statistics. And finally, the last point:

Heretic
8. Likely to go to hell

I had a similar question recently, so I consulted my local church for their stance on Atheists. Their answer: "No one can go to Hell if they have good intentions, including Atheists."

In closing, not only did you break your rules, you broke logical rules. Therefore, all of your points are null and void.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:16 pm
Cirosan, let me have your man-babies.  

Theophrastus

Cirosan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:06 pm
Theophrastus
Cirosan, let me have your man-babies.

I thank you kindly, Theo. A compliment brings a smile to my face and a trifle of encouragement to my heart to continue blasting away at fools.

About the man-babies, if you can find a way to make it possible, I shall gladly oblige.

Also, I managed to find the article detailing Atheists' lower crime rates, which I could not at the time of my original posting. Here it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:44 pm
Typical claims, they really need to get some new material.
*looks at the increasing understanding of science*
We sure have been.

Nuclear Dystopia

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:22 pm
Marki2k7

Let's be open-minded but not so much that our brains fall out.
(( Richard Dawkins ))

Two words: Hell yes.

Anyways, people like this are just... well, I can't even explain such idiocy, but slytherin lost so many points there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:57 pm
That was pathetic! I could write a better list!

MY list

aTHEists are stupid. this is whY.
1: deyre stupd
2: deyre gay
3: deyre stupid
4L: me hungry
5: dey smell
6: OOOOOGGGHHHH!

My list vs. OP's list. Come on, we know whose will win.  

Kiyrugoji

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:55 pm
Kiyrugoji
That was pathetic! I could write a better list!

MY list

aTHEists are stupid. this is whY.
1: deyre stupd
2: deyre gay
3: deyre stupid
4L: me hungry
5: dey smell
6: OOOOOGGGHHHH!

My list vs. OP's list. Come on, we know whose will win.

OOOOOGGGHHHH! clenched the argument. Simply flawless.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:05 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
OH MY SCIENCE, Oh SCIENCE Darwin! ;D

"OH RICHARD, OHHHHHH RICHARD..."
"Who the hell is Richard?!"
"Richard Dawkins?"
"Oh, I guess thats alright then. Carry on."  

Karla Marx

Robthebob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:34 pm
Cirosan, if I was a homosexual, I would kiss you. But since I am NOT, Then you would have to do with a golf clap.

*Claps softly*  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:44 pm
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
Don't you guys realize that actually following the Bible is so yesterday? Today's mainstream Christians don't do that, it's not in style. Better to not and say you did amirite!?!?1/!?1/oneslash
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Kiyrugoji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:47 am
ProjectOmicron88

OOOOOGGGHHHH! clenched the argument. Simply flawless.

I dunno... the second "dey stupd" seemed to work best.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff