Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Atalantë - A new beginning
You wanna know why I hate movie-version Legolas? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:31 pm
-Luthien123-
Oh, god, you make me sick! I LOVE legsi, its all part of his super sexy charm. heart heart heart

Luthien 4 legolas

*sigh* My hero!

heart heart

scream

*murders*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:49 pm
You guys actually think Eowyn looked good? I thought choosing Miranda Otto to play her was a terrible mistake. The Eowyn in the books was obviously not meant to look as good as Arwen but she seemed to be at least among the rank of the most beautiful human women in Middle-earth. Otto is a good actress but appearance-wise, some one much more beautiful should have been chosen.

Oh, and the book Legolas didn't have a team of hair dressers and make-up artists following him around from scene to scene wink  

SYFFER

Tindomerel Elenin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:46 am
I thought they could have used a much prettier actress for Arwen too ninja

In fact... they could have better cast all of the female characters, not that any of them are bad actresses, but none of them were exactly jaw-dropping knock-outs in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:35 pm
Liv Tyler was beautiful! Admittedly, her somewhat long, narrow face made her look like a horse, but I thought she fit the role of Arwen perfectly!

Cate Blanchett as Galadriel, well, that wasn't too bad. She looked a bit like a middle-aged woman, somehow.

Miranda Otto as Eowyn = heart  

Galadedrid Damodred

SYFFER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:55 am
The Jaw-Dropping expectancy is Tolkien's fault. He made the women in the books seem so incredibly gorgeous that no others compare.

Cate Blanchette was a terrific choice. She did not look that young but considering Galadriel's age, she looked pretty damn good. Her face shows wisdom too which fits her character well.

I agree that Arwen could have been prettier. Liv Tyler played her well but again, we expect Arwen to resemble Luthien who was apparently the most beautiful woman to walk the earth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:16 pm
Yeah I even noticed his nails are manicured... stare  

Akira Galactica

Tears of the Siren

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:15 pm
I thought Cate Blanchette was perfect as Galadrial. She really looked the part and her acting was excellent. Galadrial wasn't meant to look young, more ageless beauty containing unfathomable wisdom (that was my interpretation at least) and in that respect I don't think she could have been done better.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:38 pm
Akira Galactica
Yeah I even noticed his nails are manicured... stare

Whom? Movie Legolas? I distinctly remember in the drinking scene him vs Gimli where his nails were awfully short and mayhaps dirty as well?  

Rudhe
Captain

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:45 pm
Well, maybe Orlando was doing some gardening before filming or something. I tell you, almost every picture and scene containing Orlando Bloom I have ever seen shows his beautiful pianist's hands, with their perfect nails... I would kill for hands like that! crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:46 pm
stressed Yeah, I think that was the day I was HYPER on sugar. ehe, sweatdrop sorry guys.
I guess it is kind of annoying, him being perfect and all that. and Galadedrid is right, they are really nicely manicured hands.  

-Luthien123-

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:36 am
Pianists are supposed to have graceful hands... Orlando Bloom has hands that are long, pale, slender, absolutely beautiful! I don't even think he plays the piano, whereas I, who have spent the last five years chained to the dreaded pianoforte, I have long, bony hands that are more suited to work in the kitchen...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:18 am
I thought that the choices for actresses were appropriate; to me, each seemed to capture the essence of the character in terms of appearance. As far as Legolas goes, well, I always thought the screen Legolas needed to be a tad grimier after being on the hunt with Aragorn and Gimli, but he *is* an Elf and who knows what sorts of tricks for elven hygiene he had up his sleeve... wink  

Nerienda

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:12 pm
Gally...I highly doubt he was gardening right before photo shoot....

I don't know what scenes you are talking about or whether your just talking about his finals null his nails but go see the drinking scene in the exteneded version of the movie Two Towers.

Then tell me what you think.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:18 am
You know... I don't know if I should say this for fear of being chased down by an angry mob of Liv Tyler haters but everyone in my family and most of my friends say I have and uncannily similar appearance to Liv Tyler. Especially in real-life garb. Google her to see what I look like. rofl  

-Luthien123-

Ginny97263

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:06 am
I don't know why you are all banking up on all the elf charecters! i mean they are supposed to be the most fairest beings of middle earth! If you want to see ugly elves, look at those elves from the councile of elrond, and lord elrond himself! He is soooooo ugly! he has like a gigantic forehead and he's all wrinkley and...just eww. So stop being so annoyed at legolas's beauty, at leat he's not hideouse.  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff