Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Gun Control Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gun Control?
  More
  Less
  Stay the Same
View Results

RenFlower

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:11 pm
We aren't saying that its the guns fault! What about a ban on all automated machine guns? That seems fair. A jail sentence for all who are in posession?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:55 pm
RenFlower
We aren't saying that its the guns fault! What about a ban on all automated machine guns? That seems fair. A jail sentence for all who are in posession?

I agree with that, but we do still have the right to bear arms, unless you wanna start taking that away, why not take away freedom of speech, or religion, or even the right to vote, it's too, shall I say it, communist to have the gov't able to take away our rights!  

The Hallowed Mouse

singin4Christ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:02 pm
I'm not saying that we should keep these guns legal. i'm saying that once those are illegal, regular guns will b banned and so on and it still won't stop the killing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:01 am
There's an old saying I'm reminded of: "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws'll have 'em."

As for assault weapons, well, that's a tough call. Making them illegal won't take them out of the hands of criminals, just make it less convenient. By keeping them legal, we still have the gun registry to look up who owns them. I will agree that the average citizen has no practical use for an AK-47 or an M-14, but making them illegal won't stop the crimes. Most people forget that our right to bear arms is for self protection. To keep the central government from disarming its citizens and becoming some sort of tyrannical monstrosity.

I think that castle law is a great law. Some of the places I've lived in would've benefited from such a law. I've heard stories of people being sued or arrested for shooting someone in their house because they weren't armed. You have to actually wait for them to take a shot at you before you can protect yourself.  

Starcrush

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:57 am
Starcrush
There's an old saying I'm reminded of: "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws'll have 'em."

As for assault weapons, well, that's a tough call. Making them illegal won't take them out of the hands of criminals, just make it less convenient. By keeping them legal, we still have the gun registry to look up who owns them. I will agree that the average citizen has no practical use for an AK-47 or an M-14, but making them illegal won't stop the crimes. Most people forget that our right to bear arms is for self protection. To keep the central government from disarming its citizens and becoming some sort of tyrannical monstrosity.

I think that castle law is a great law. Some of the places I've lived in would've benefited from such a law. I've heard stories of people being sued or arrested for shooting someone in their house because they weren't armed. You have to actually wait for them to take a shot at you before you can protect yourself.

In MI an old law is if someone gets hurt inside your house they can sue you, but I'll shoot a robber anyway, then drag him outside, lol!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:29 pm
I love AK-47's i use em for target practice at the club. paper targets that is. i don't shoot anything that breathes. at least not unless i'm in danger or someone else is. where i live it's considered self defence if you shoot someone in your home but they must fall in the house, beyond the threshhold. if they fall back, drag em in! while i'd still get some prison or jail time, i wouldn't be considered a murderer. Why should i have to wait for them to shoot at me? by that time i'd be dead! i'll wait for them to pull out a gun and then i'll shoot. if they pull out something else that they intend to use as a weapon i still use one of my guns. if they're unarmed i take em down bare handed. any of those ways, they aren't leaving my house unless they're in handcuffs. 3nodding  

singin4Christ

RenFlower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:50 pm
Yes, but I wasn't talking about taking away the right to bear arms, just taking away some of the more dangerous ones, that will cause more unnecessary casualties and are WAY more lethal. Regular rifles are MORE than enough to protect yourself.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:28 pm
RA-22
In my opinion, I think the ban on assault weapons should have continued. Who really needs to own an assault weapon anyway?

I don't believe that there should have ever been a ban on assult weapons. Any limitations on what (guns) we can own is a lessoning of our 2nd ammendment rights. It is the fact that citizens may choose to legally own guns, that allows those who choose not to to feel just as safe as those who choose toown them.  

_Escape Expectations_

Pasithea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:20 pm
Ok, so the government enacts a gun control policy across the US and tells people to turn in their weapons. All the good law-abiding people turn in their guns and the all the law-breaking criminals keep theirs and use them to commit crimes and hurt more people.

So yeah...now we have criminals with guns and law-abiding citizens with short range weapons like knives and baseball bats to protect themselves from psychopaths.

Hmm...yeah that makes perfect sense.

Yeah, I am 100% anti-gun control. In fact I think more people should be taught on how to use a gun, especially teachers too. That way, when a psycho kid goes to school with a gun and starts shooting up the place Ms. Frizzle is trained on how to shoot that jackass in the torso/leg/head/whatever and save many students lives.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:45 pm
I'll do you one better, Pasithea. Schools are legislated into "no gun" zones. Well, that's nice until some nutjob comes and kills everybody. Obviously the "no gun" zone didn't stop him.

So who is that really helping? I think it actually makes things worse. It invites this: "Oh. A bunch of innocent people for me to shoot, and they won't be able to defend themselves!"

No. Most importantly, guns are essential in case we need to overthrow the government again(and we will have to when they take away our life, liberty and property. It is our duty as human beings). How else can we defeat a tyrannical standing army?  

nobhdy

Pasithea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:49 pm
nobhdy
I'll do you one better, Pasithea. Schools are legislated into "no gun" zones. Well, that's nice until some nutjob comes and kills everybody. Obviously the "no gun" zone didn't stop him.

So who is that really helping? I think it actually makes things worse. It invites this: "Oh. A bunch of innocent people for me to shoot, and they won't be able to defend themselves!"

No. Most importantly, guns are essential in case we need to overthrow the government again(and we will have to when they take away our life, liberty and property. It is our duty as human beings). How else can we defeat a tyrannical standing army?

Awesome. Excellent point about overthrowing the psycho government. Although I am not too sure many our soldiers would go along with the government if they were to do that.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:59 pm
Pasithea
nobhdy

Awesome. Excellent point about overthrowing the psycho government. Although I am not too sure many our soldiers would go along with the government if they were to do that.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or facetious or what. Haha! But, I can assure you that I am serious. When a nation has a standing army, it becomes a very threat to liberty. Always.

Now the funny thing about soldiers, it is almost impossible for them to disobey orders.

Or another scenario; they have a personal stake. They benefit from the corrupt regime.

Or; maybe they've been brainwashed by nonsense.

Just a few hypotheticals.  

nobhdy

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:43 am
RenFlower
Yes, but I wasn't talking about taking away the right to bear arms, just taking away some of the more dangerous ones, that will cause more unnecessary casualties and are WAY more lethal. Regular rifles are MORE than enough to protect yourself.

Maybe for a city, but in the country bears can get into your house, and the point of having the second amendment was in case war happened inside the borders quickly as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:55 pm
I personally think this is just as stupid concept as trying to regulate illegal drugs. It doesn't matter what regulations you put on them, if people want them, they can still get them. This applies to guns too.  

Garrett31212

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:40 pm
In my opinion, if you put restrictions on things like gun control, that's not going to do anything.

Yes, I believe that mentally ill people should not be allowed to own firearms because we don't need another Virginia Tec incident.

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff