Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Stereotypical Atheist Profesor: WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cirosan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:07 am
The worst thing about this is that the author has to stoop to fabricated stories to justify their beliefs, rather than being able to actually prove them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:24 am
"We've never seen gluons, they're just a theory!"

Humans had never seen the dumbo octopus until a few years go. Did they not exist? Did we suddenly will them to be in a spasm of wishful thinking?

We'd never seen atoms up until a few hundred years ago - yet we had theorized since before Christ that tiny particles made up everything.

What a horrible, pitiable argument.

Regarding the final panel, who, when confronted with a new idea, would first think, "What happens if I die without believing this?"

Man: I have discovered that an ice cream bar is in the refrigerator, when we had previously thought there to be NONE!
Other Man: What will happen if I die without believing this?!

What utter rubbish.  

Theophrastus

Kiyrugoji

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:57 am
That comic quoted Kent Hovind. It = crap.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:43 am
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
Quote:

Man: I have discovered that an ice cream bar is in the refrigerator, when we had previously thought there to be NONE!
Other Man: What will happen if I die without believing this?!

What utter rubbish.

lol
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Covered-Up Boxers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:46 pm
That comic was rather... dim. Not only did they paint the 'Christian' as this good-natured boy with a Republican haircut, but the teacher was fat and painted as unwilling to learn. Atheists believe in facts and logic. If you can somehow prove the existances of an all-powerful 'God' through logic then we will listen.

I highly doubt a born-again Christian(As the 'character' in this comic is bound to be) could disprove evolution. Our atoms are not strung together by tiny angels, okay? Just like gravity isn't BIG angels holding us down.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:55 pm
Covered-Up Boxers

I highly doubt a born-again Christian(As the 'character' in this comic is bound to be) could disprove evolution. Our atoms are not strung together by tiny angels, okay? Just like gravity isn't BIG angels holding us down.

Of course not, silly. It's the touching if His Noodly Appendage!  

Theophrastus

Karla Marx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:49 pm
Theophrastus
Covered-Up Boxers

Of course not, silly. It's the touching if His Noodly Appendage!

Blasphemy.
Its obviously the Invisible Pink Unicorns holy hooves pushing us down on the Earth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:13 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
What are you talking about? There's scientific evidence that the FSM's noodly appendages keep us down. Haven't you seen what happens when people live in caves!?
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:32 am
And how the noodle-loving people of the Asias are shorter because, due to their diets, they are closer to the Spaghedeity and thusly receive more of his pressing down?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:14 am
See?! We're smarter than THEY are!  

Kiyrugoji

Karla Marx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:58 am
Bah. Noodles have too many carbs. Thats ungodly.
Wait. Did the Spaghetti Monster invent those Miracle Noodles that are 0 Cal.?
... It all makes sense now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:36 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
What about cup o' noodles? that's gotta be the unhealthiest thing on the face of the earth, but it tastes so good.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Karla Marx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:15 pm
Well, the FSM has given us free will and the freedom to make good and bad choices; Miracle Noodles being holy, and the Cup o' Noodles is evil temptation.
And then he gives us ambiguous things such as lasagna. Is it a pasta? Is it a casserole?
Who knows! He truly works in mysterious ways.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:29 pm
This is how I see that comic...

If he was a professor, then he would have known that there is no such thing as "cold", just the absense of heat, same with darkness, its the absense of light.

Love how pro-christian propeganda stories always are so far-fetched.

I also dont see how that the evolution poster proves that the guy is wrong. They could just say that, "oh they REALLY founda monkey jaw bone that was really far into the rock that was a modern day monkey, of COURSE it couldn't have fallen that far. Its a modern day one". PLUS, the layers of rock answer doesnt work. Carbon dating is MUCH more accurate than looking into the age of the rocks it was found in. But meh..

REALLY lame cartoon. Lot of inaccuracies. Stereotypical "good natured", clean, not spaztic, (probably) republican angel boy.  

Robthebob

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:31 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
Get back on topic, we're talking about the all-mighty FSM.
ni el dinero ni el amor

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas