Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply -~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!
SOT vs. the Wheel of Time Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Always wear a poll!
  -Sabre <3
View Results

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:16 pm
I weally hopes yew gets bettah. ;-; -shnifflies-

Raistlin would probably make Darken Rahl wet himself. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:01 am
I, personally don't see WHY people put Wheel of Time in the same CATAGORY as his hunkiness, The Terry Goodkind.

Yeah.....WoT has a lot of detail which is good, but it's a lot of unecissary detail. Similar to that of JRR Tolkein. The only book of his I could finish and enjoy was Hobbit. Mainly for the dragon, Smaug, but also because he didn't blabber on about supposedly "important" details.

Yeah, I know the man was blue printing a whole world/culture...........but............he couldn't hold my attention after I read Hobbit.  

Phanari

Artenz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:20 pm
Personally, I don't know that I would have compared the two of them. But the one thing better about SOT is that the main character doesn't lose his humanity.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:26 pm
Raistlin Majere, ftw. <3

and WoT > SoT.

but Song of Fire and Ice > them all.

haphazardly parked

Dapper Fatcat

Phanari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:56 am
le misanthrope
Raistlin Majere, ftw. <3

and WoT > SoT.

SoT>than ANYTHING -- Bible aside.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:35 pm
Phanari
le misanthrope
Raistlin Majere, ftw. <3

and WoT > SoT.

D: unfortunately, i've never read Anything. who's it by?

i stand by my WoT tops SoT. :/ better writing and more interesting characters, even if it is purple.

haphazardly parked

Dapper Fatcat

Phanari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:43 pm
le misanthrope
Phanari
le misanthrope
Raistlin Majere, ftw. <3

and WoT > SoT.

i stand by my WoT tops SoT. :/ better writing and more interesting characters, even if it is purple.

Even the ANTAGONISTS are round in SoT. Plus, Goodkind's writing was able to keep me zero'd in on the story and character developement. I didn't bother getting passed the first page of WoT due to lack of interest.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:45 pm
Phanari
le misanthrope
Phanari
le misanthrope
Raistlin Majere, ftw. <3

and WoT > SoT.

Even the ANTAGONISTS are round in SoT. Plus, Goodkind's writing was able to keep me zero'd in on the story and character developement. I didn't bother getting passed the first page of WoT due to lack of interest.

as good as the plot is, Goodkind's writing is not that good. it got better as he progressed, but it started off as wholly underwhelming. and he has an obsession with kahlan getting almost getting raped. :/

maybe WoT just isn't your cup of tea. but if you haven't finished the series or even a book, you shouldn't be judging it in regards to SoT. one page is not enough to make a comparison.

haphazardly parked

Dapper Fatcat

haphazardly parked

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 pm
though whoever made that point earlier about the relationship between women/men made a good one. in the case of aes sedai in regards to rand, i think it's totally justified (aes sedai can be real pompous idiots)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:23 pm
le misanthrope
Phanari
le misanthrope
Phanari
le misanthrope
Raistlin Majere, ftw. <3

and WoT > SoT.

as good as the plot is, Goodkind's writing is not that good. it got better as he progressed, but it started off as wholly underwhelming. and he has an obsession with kahlan getting almost getting raped. :/

maybe WoT just isn't your cup of tea. but if you haven't finished the series or even a book, you shouldn't be judging it in regards to SoT. one page is not enough to make a comparison.

It's enough to determine whether or not you like a book's writing. The kadnace wasn't very...understanding.  

Phanari

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:35 pm
le misanthrope
though whoever made that point earlier about the relationship between women/men made a good one. in the case of aes sedai in regards to rand, i think it's totally justified (aes sedai can be real pompous idiots)
They call me...

Thank you! :3

I read both series, and I like SoT better in that aspect. But my favorite books are the Forgotten Realms world books. n.n And not just the Drizzt ones, I've read a few nifty ones other than that. :3 Like the Avatar trilogy, it explains how the new gods came to be (God of Gods decided "You lower gods are being whiny bitches, go be mortal for a while, let's see who survives.", so stuff happens, some gods die, some of the heroes become gods. >:3)

There's tons of books, and sure I enjoyed WoT for the most part, but I wouldn't read them again. o.o Or SoT, since I know what's in the story. x3 But I'm like that with most books, except for Manga or my Zombie Survival Guide! :3!

Mishtah Bunbuns~!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:48 pm
I have a Horror Movie Survival Guide!
And I'd have to agree with Galen on the re-reading part. I've never read WoT, but I think theres only a verrry slim chance I may read SoT again. It's the very distant future. Once I know the story, I can't bring myself to read it over again and again.

Ps. I'm a huugenormous Drizzt-fangirl. whee 4laugh

sabre_sword
Captain

Phanari

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:00 am
Horror movie! I'd say: survive by looking out for yourself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:33 am
sabre_sword
And I'd have to agree with Galen on the re-reading part. I've never read WoT, but I think theres only a verrry slim chance I may read SoT again. It's the very distant future. Once I know the story, I can't bring myself to read it over again and again.

that's the thing
i liked SoT and WoT, but i'd read WoT over and over again, but never SoT.  

haphazardly parked

Dapper Fatcat

Phanari

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:27 pm
le misanthrope
sabre_sword

that's the thing
i liked SoT and WoT, but i'd read WoT over and over again, but never SoT.

I'd read SoT over and over after I finish the series.  
-~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games