Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Hitchhiker's Guide- the game! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:02 am
I played it a while ago but I died so many times that I just gave up gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:29 pm
I remember the first time I played I couldn't even get out of my house because I didn't know what an analgesic was. biggrin

And actually...I just won the game today. cool heart mrgreen 4laugh blaugh heart (my joy knows no bounds) 4laugh

Usually I die by materializing back inside my own brain. xp But this time, I downloaded the game so I could save it... sweatdrop (you'll need to download a z-file interpreter for this, but don't worry, it's free, just Google "z-file interpreter" and take your pick.

(and while you've got that downloaded, why not download "For A Change" too? Songlantern!)

(though to be fair, you can also play For A Change online too...no saves though, I think. Handlefish!)

And now, some random fun stuff...
Have you tried to wake up Ford? Have you enjoyed mud? The dark? Your house after it's been knocked down? Poetry? Do you know what color your towel is? Have you tried kissing someone, anyone? Brushing your teeth? Instead of "don't panic", how about "panic"? Having Trillian "listen to Arthur" or "pick up Arthur" (in the sense of pickin' up chicks...)? In fact, why not make Arthur pick up Ford? How about answering rhetorical questions, especially the one about "leaving the ceremonies"? Smashing the circuit board? Asking Prosser, Marvin, or Eddie the purpose of the game (Ford, Trillian and Zaphod give you the same answer)? Opening Trillian's bag, then trying to open Ford's satchel (interesting, this...)?
And make sure you take your toothbrush with you! You get a hilarious hidden (?) (it might be hidden, or maybe no one ever mentions it) message when you finally win! heart

Edit: And how could I forget? Look under the bed! 3nodding  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Daska

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:49 pm
I love that game but how do you get the babel fish?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:01 pm
Hehe. I have noticed that about Ford's satchel and Trillian's bag. Wierd.
Also try "apprecate (anything)." And "Don't wait" as opposed to "wait."
And if you try to enjoy the Vogon poetry multiple times, it's pretty funny.

Congrats on winning, by the way!  

Lupe_Oceana

Daska

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:39 pm
XD Yeah guys try typing Kill Arthur it is hilarious!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:49 am
Lupe_Oceana
Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game_nolan.shtml

It's the Hitchhiker's Guide Adventure Game! wOOt! for text-based adventure!

As a side note, if anyone lives near Chicago and the video game exhibit at the Science and Industry Museum is still there, the original version of this game is there....

That game is the greatest! heart It's so funny, trying to make Arthur do silly things, just to read the game's (rather negative, but always funny) response. 4laugh

But they have the original at the Museum of S+I??? No way!!! xd That makes me happy. A reason to go to the city sometime, I guess. Wasn't aware of the Video Game exhibit, though... redface  

StarofLyra

Akky the Terrible

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:40 pm
The HHGG Infocom Game Wrote
It is of course well known that careless talk costs lives, but the full scale of the problem is not always appreciated. For instance, at the exact moment you said "I love the poetry!" a freak wormhole opened in the fabric of the space-time continuum and carried your words far far back in time across almost infinite reaches of space to a distant galaxy where strange and warlike beings were poised on the brink of frightful interstellar battle.

The two opposing leaders were meeting for the last time. A dreadful silence fell across the conference table as the commander of the Vl'Hurgs, resplendent in his black jewelled battle shorts, gazed levelly at the G'Gugvunt leader squatting opposite him in a cloud of green, sweet-smelling steam. As a million sleek and horribly beweaponed star cruisers poised to unleash electric death at his single word of command, the Vl'Hurg challenged his vile enemy to take back what it had said about his mother.

The creature stirred in its sickly broiling vapour, and at that very moment the words "I love the poetry!" drifted across the conference table. Unfortunately, in the Vl'hurg tongue this was the most dreadful insult imaginable, and there was nothing for it but to wage terrible war for centuries. Eventually the error was detected, but over two hundred and fifty thousand worlds, their peoples and cultures perished in the holocaust.

You have destroyed most of a small galaxy. Please pick your words with greater care.

It's lines like these that make me glad I'm taking forever to finish the game!

~Akela Haimi~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:16 pm
How do you get past the stupid screening door on the heart of gold?  

Daska

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:50 am
Daska
How do you get past the stupid screening door on the heart of gold?

You mean the one that won't let you into the improbability drive room? Just keep trying to get in over and over. After a while you'll get in.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:52 pm
No not that door. The one that says it won't let you in in less you show it some small sample of your intelliance.  

Daska

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:03 pm
Oh...
I don't know. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:40 pm
Screams and hits fist on keyboard hdofulabevh. sweatdrop Damn it I am never go to get through this game am I? evil  

Daska

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:26 pm
Daska
Screams and hits fist on keyboard hdofulabevh. sweatdrop Damn it I am never go to get through this game am I? evil

DON'T PANIC

better now?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:46 am
Yeah, thanks  

Daska

fourtysecondscarf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:57 pm
im worst off...how do you use the sub etha siganling device...I get it...but then I cant use it and I die...  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games