Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Flattering quotes from the far right Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:04 am
... crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:17 am
Arios V
Sanguvixen
Wow...many of those quotes make me sick to the stomach. Many of them are so horrible to say such things.

There is a lot of hate to be felt in those words. Sick..

Yeah, there was a lot of hate, Although I have another one, this one is from a history teacher at my school, who also happens to have written a book on Padre Pio.

Understand first, that he is a diehard Christian (Catholic I assume, just from some of his habits and desk accessories). It's not the complete quote, but it's all I overheard as I was walking by his classroom. Oh and I think he might be a *****, as he likes to be overly friendly with some of the students.

"Atheists really shouldn't be considered humans, they're all weak, spineless, unintelligent, sin-infested sons of bitches. They place their faith in science and make believe instead of the truth of our glorious Lord's Holy Bible. I'd love to see them all rot in Hell."

Was? There still is a lot of hate.

Wether or not he is a die hard christian or catholic is irrelevent. The part where he says that we play "Make believe" turns him into a hypocrite instantly.

Meh...it bothers me how people can be so intolerent and hateful towards people of different race, or beliefs. Then they turn around and claim to believe in a god? Who is really playing make believe here? The one who sticks upon something dependable that cannot be perverted such as Science, or the one sticks to ancient text that they personally pervert to suit thier own twisted means?

Sanguvixen

Ammonia Spike

7,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:33 am
Sanguvixen
Wow...many of those quotes make me sick to the stomach. Many of them are so horrible to say such things.

It's worse to read if you're an atheist AND a lesbian. *shudders*  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:50 am
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
If Stargate has taught me anything, it's that all gods are spiteful and jealous.
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Arios V

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:48 pm
Sanguvixen
Arios V
Sanguvixen

Yeah, there was a lot of hate, Although I have another one, this one is from a history teacher at my school, who also happens to have written a book on Padre Pio.

Understand first, that he is a diehard Christian (Catholic I assume, just from some of his habits and desk accessories). It's not the complete quote, but it's all I overheard as I was walking by his classroom. Oh and I think he might be a *****, as he likes to be overly friendly with some of the students.

"Atheists really shouldn't be considered humans, they're all weak, spineless, unintelligent, sin-infested sons of bitches. They place their faith in science and make believe instead of the truth of our glorious Lord's Holy Bible. I'd love to see them all rot in Hell."

Was? There still is a lot of hate.

Wether or not he is a die hard christian or catholic is irrelevent. The part where he says that we play "Make believe" turns him into a hypocrite instantly.

Meh...it bothers me how people can be so intolerent and hateful towards people of different race, or beliefs. Then they turn around and claim to believe in a god? Who is really playing make believe here? The one who sticks upon something dependable that cannot be perverted such as Science, or the one sticks to ancient text that they personally pervert to suit thier own twisted means?

By was, I meant in the quotes from the website. I was agreeing with you in saying that there was a lot of hate in those quotes.

I think by "make believe" he was talking about science or something along those lines. Also, half the time the guy made little sense.

I was thinking the same thing as I listened to that quote. I know he basically made fun of himself and I think the guy listening to him knew that as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:52 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
Guys, obviously science doesn't work. No scientist has ever made a discovery that wasn't the work of another man. We must learn to put faith in sources of mystical knowledge, rather than reason and logic, which time has proven are little more than the most naive of all superstitions.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:00 pm
Baron von Turkeypants
que me gusta lo mejor
If Stargate has taught me anything, it's that all gods are spiteful and jealous.
ni el dinero ni el amor

rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:47 am
If you agree with any of the said quotes then you have been officially placed under the human catagory... idiot. Congrats! biggrin  

God of lunchboxes

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:49 pm
Science is make-believe. It just makes sense. Science has accomplished no tangible feats, whatsoever! Stupid researchers.

Things science has accomplished: 1900-present (107 years)

-Invention and perfection of the automobile.
-Polio and smallpox vaccines.
-The portable defibrillator.
-The invention and perfection of the personal computer in less than forty years.
-The internet.
-Penicillin and the industry of antibiotics.
-The splitting of the atom.
-Nuclear power.
-Solar power.
-Portable computers.
-Wireless technology.
-The Hubble space telescope.
-The discovery of Pluto.
-Television.
-Talking films.
-Carbon dating.
-Radiation therapy.
-MRI technology.
-Fifteen second flight at Kittyhawk, to militarization, to commercialization, to the first man in orbit, to the first man on the moon, all in less than seventy years.
-And many more.

Things religion has accomplished: 5,000 BC - present (7,000+ years)

-Um...
-Well, there was...
-Hmm...
-I think they...
-Wasn't there a...
-No, maybe it was...
-Err...
-*runs*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55 pm
ProjectOmicron88
Science is make-believe. It just makes sense. Science has accomplished no tangible feats, whatsoever! Stupid researchers.

-The invention and perfection of the personal computer in less than forty years.
-The internet.
-Nuclear power.
-Solar power.
-Portable computers.
-Wireless technology.
-The discovery of Pluto.
-Television.
-Talking films.
-Carbon dating.
-Radiation therapy.
-MRI technology.
-Fifteen second flight at Kittyhawk, to militarization, to commercialization, to the first man in orbit, to the first man on the moon, all in less than seventy years.
-And many more.

-Um...
-Well, there was...
-Hmm...
-I think they...
-Wasn't there a...
-No, maybe it was...
-Err...
-*runs*

I know, when I heard him say science was make-believe I was real close from to running into his class and browbeating him about all that science has done compared to religion. However, I decided to let him go. Oh and I'm sure he won't think science is make-believe when it's saving his life after he has a heart-attack or something.  

Arios V

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:06 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
I hope he doesn't drive a car or own a microwave or watch TV or anything. At least then he wouldn't be a hypocrite.
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:37 pm
Warning: Very funny yet very adult material fallows.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Ann_Coulter

Ugh, I hate that woman.  

JakRandom

Jane Jade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:06 am
Ann Coulter
"Being nice to people is, in fact, one of the incidental tenets of Christianity, as opposed to other religions whose tenets are more along the lines of 'kill everyone who doesn't smell bad and doesn't answer to the name Mohammed'"

This is coming from the same woman who thinks liberals should be extinguished.
Bailey Smith
With all due respect to those dear people, my friend, God Almighty does not hear the prayer of a Jew."

Nor does he hear the prayer of a jerk.
Beverly LaHaye
"Yes, religion and politics do mix. America is a nation based on biblical principles. Christian values dominate our government. The test of those values is the Bible. Politicians who do not use the bible to guide their public and private lives do not belong in office."

No, it's based on the idea of Freedom Of Speech, which contradicts that last bit.
Bob Dornan
"Don't use the word 'gay' unless it's an acronym for 'Got Aids Yet'"

What's wrong with the word "gay"? Oops, I said it!
David Trosch
"Sodomy is a graver sin than murder. – Unless there is life there can be no murder."

Let's kill everyone!
Fred Phelps
"Not only is homosexuality a sin, but anyone who supports fags is just as guilty as they are. You are both worthy of death."

Then get off your a** and kill me!
Gary North
"This is God's world, not Satan's. Christians are the lawful heirs, not non-Christians."

^ It must be true. The bible says so. Right?! ^
George H.W. Bush
"I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."

..with liberty and justice for ALL, not just Christians, for everyone.
George W. Bush
"This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while."

Does he write his own material?
Henry Morris
]"When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted its data."

Yes, obviously they were making a mistake when they said the world is round...nonsense, I tells ya!
J.B. Stoner
"We had lost the fight for the preservation of the white race until God himself intervened in earthly affairs with AIDS to rescue and preserve the white race that he had created.... I praise God all the time for AIDS."

Yes, we are all blessed to have disease. Maybe you'll get AIDS.
James Kennedy
"The Christian community has a golden opportunity to train an army of dedicated teachers who can invade the public school classrooms and use them to influence the nation for Christ."

A holy war. Ring a bell?
James Watt
We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand."

In fact, the Spanish inquisition will make sure we destroy it.
Jerry Falwell
"The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc."

History Homework: write a ten page essay about how much you love God.
Jimmy Swaggart
Evolution is a bankrupt speculative philosophy, not a scientific fact. Only a spiritually bankrupt society could ever believe it...Only atheists could accept this Satanic theory."

And only smart people could accept scientific fact.
John Ashcroft
"Civilized people – Muslims, Christians, and Jews – all understand that the source of freedom and human dignity is the Creator."

The Creator--coming soon to theaters.
Pat Robertson
"I know this is painful for the ladies to hear, but if you get married, you have accepted the headship of a man, your husband. Christ is the head of the household and the husband is the head of the wife, and that's the way it is, period."

Your wife called--she wants a divorce.
Rush Limbaugh
"If you commit a crime, you're guilty."

Makes sense to me. Tell me more.
Michael Savage
"Oh, you're one of the sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. How's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig. You got nothing better than to put me down, you piece of garbage. You have got nothing to do today, go eat a sausage and choke on it."

Just walk away slowly... eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:05 pm
Baron von Turkeypants
que me gusta lo mejor
I hope he doesn't drive a car or own a microwave or watch TV or anything. At least then he wouldn't be a hypocrite.
ni el dinero ni el amor

I assume he owns all those things.... I don't even think he knows how much of a hypocrite he was when he said that.  

Arios V

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:13 am
ProjectOmicron88

-The internet.
-Nuclear power.
-Solar power.
-Portable computers.
-Wireless technology.
-The discovery of Pluto.
-Television.
-Talking films.
-Carbon dating.
-Radiation therapy.
-MRI technology.
-And many more.

-Um...
-Well, there was...
-Hmm...
-I think they...
-Wasn't there a...
-No, maybe it was...
-Err...
-*runs*

Well...

They did manage to oppress(at least one of them) medicinal practices that actually work.

If it wasn't for early Christians, we could argue that guns would never have been innovated as far as they did.

Some religions perfected toture tactics...

um...that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff