Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The State With The Most Non-Religious People Is..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:03 am
*Wishes there was a map like that for the UK.*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:10 am
Hmm, I'm from NY. 13%?! I was expecting more!  

Jane Jade

Fuzzy Kittens

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:05 pm
Washington, huh? I live there, but I'm kind of surprised that 25% of us have no religion. Neato-keen.

Seattle has one of the biggest annual atheist conventions in the country. surprised
So maybe it's not thatsurprising.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:56 pm
Woot for Nevada being 20% non-religious.

And hooray for Utah for surprising nobody with a staggaring 57% Mormon community. Way to conform, guys.  

Covered-Up Boxers

Arios V

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:43 pm
[x] Natasha [x]
*Wishes there was a map like that for the UK.*

I'm sure that there is one that exists somewhere, if not I'm sure one will appear soon enough.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:44 pm
Covered-Up Boxers

And hooray for Utah for surprising nobody with a staggaring 57% Mormon community. Way to conform, guys.

You might enjoy this. Basically, a British guy gets pissed because of the Mormons pounding on his door before noon, so what does he do? He goes to Utah and tries to preach Atheism to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRmC0DaE6rE  

Arios V

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:27 pm
Actually, John Safran is an Australian. But his short-lived reality show was awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:33 pm
Theophrastus
Actually, John Safran is an Australian. But his short-lived reality show was awesome.

You know looking back on his accent, your right... guess my brain wasn't working right.  

Arios V

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:14 pm
I'm surprised with Wyoming and Colorado. But pleased.

Go Oregon, 21%!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:01 am
Arios V
My State, Virginia, was the birthplace/home to the first president and 6 other presidents and was at one point the largest state/colony in America and has been recently the subject of national and worldwide news.

Virginia Tech, the fact that our constitution was changed to forbid gays from marrying each other and the uber-close senate race.

Also, VA is only 13% Non-religious. I'm guessing that at least 6%-9% have to live in Northern VA (where I am). Around here, there are A LOT of atheists/agnostics. Still, I'm still thinking of moving to Washington.

Dude....you live in my state!

VA is full of churches...at least where I am. Everywhere you turn around there is another church. Personally I think there are too many of them. While people arn't publicly overreligious here, people do flaunt thier religion.

It seems most of the people here are southern baptist.

You know, some of the baptist church's in my area rose up to try to stop the people who were trying to ban gays from marrying.

Sanguvixen

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:59 am
Really?

That's nothing if not encouraging, to see them doing something like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:39 pm
Arios V
Covered-Up Boxers

You might enjoy this. Basically, a British guy gets pissed because of the Mormons pounding on his door before noon, so what does he do? He goes to Utah and tries to preach Atheism to them.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRmC0DaE6rE

The most entertaining thing I found about that was the comments. xd I liked the video too, though. :3 I love rants.  

Covered-Up Boxers

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Sanguvixen
Arios V
My State, Virginia, was the birthplace/home to the first president and 6 other presidents and was at one point the largest state/colony in America and has been recently the subject of national and worldwide news.

Virginia Tech, the fact that our constitution was changed to forbid gays from marrying each other and the uber-close senate race.

Also, VA is only 13% Non-religious. I'm guessing that at least 6%-9% have to live in Northern VA (where I am). Around here, there are A LOT of atheists/agnostics. Still, I'm still thinking of moving to Washington.

VA is full of churches...at least where I am. Everywhere you turn around there is another church. Personally I think there are too many of them. While people arn't publicly overreligious here, people do flaunt thier religion.

You know, some of the baptist church's in my area rose up to try to stop the people who were trying to ban gays from marrying.

I live in Virginia too <3
I'm also in an area with a lot of churches too. I've known a good number of people who aren't religious and although the religious are in the majority by far still, I don't have any complaints really.

To those talking about catholics and their state being liberal- Well, catholics traditionally were considered to go democrat. I dunno the numbers now.
Anyhow, the majority of the country is still religious. So even the democrat voters in your state are still majority religious too. There's a reason even Hilary Clinton and all the other democratic candidates talk about how religion is important in their lives.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:17 pm
Sanguvixen
Arios V

Most of Northern Virginia is no where near as religious as Southern Virginia. There are a lot of churches around here, but there aren't nearly as many as when I visited Richmond a few weeks ago. Seemed like there were Churches everywhere.

Apparently the gay marriage ban got enough attention, as it's not part of the state constitution, which really sucks.  

Arios V

Rainbow Holocaust

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:27 pm
Oh really?
In all honesty that motivates me to pack up and move even 50 miles west.
Good ole Idaho....
It's turning into the love child of Utah and California eek

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas