Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
An Exchange Program Between Theist Guilds and GAU? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we have an exchange program?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:36 pm
Heh, it sounds pretty interesting. I'd be glad to sign up as an exchange if we find another guild wanting to do it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:39 pm
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
Would you wear the badge though? Maybe even print it out and stick it to your shirt in real life, wherever you go no matter what?
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:05 pm
Baron von Turkeypants
que me gusta lo mejor
Would you wear the badge though? Maybe even print it out and stick it to your shirt in real life, wherever you go no matter what?
ni el dinero ni el amor

It's ugly, though. ]:  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:37 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
YOU'RE UGLY

*runs away crying*
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:02 pm
I'd wear your badge!!!! wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:02 pm
I think a separate guild would be a good idea. One sponsored by GAU and a Christian guild. That way those who want to participate can join, and those who do not don't have to deal with them.

My two cents.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:09 pm
Death God Hitsugaya
I'd wear your badge!!!! wink
que me gusta lo mejor
Awww, if I were gay or a girl I'd totally mansex you right now.
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:14 pm
Let me just speak up here and throw out my opinion, no offense intended to anyone.

This sounds like a terrible idea.

If a Christian wants to come see what we're like, let 'em come!

If an Atheist wants to peek in on the world of Christianity, step up!

We don't need delegations and amateur bureaucracies to complicate matters.  

Theophrastus

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
And I say a monkey CAN mow the lawn!

But seriously, amateur bureaucracies for the win. I say we split into political factions over this issue.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:28 pm
ZeeFishee
I think there's a Christian who joined this guild a little while ago to conduct an experiment similar to yours.

It's like an exchange program. eek

I'm an inspiration. :'D

As far the idea goes, I'm not sure how it would work out. There needs to be some depth. What would be the program's purpose?

To show how the other half lives?
To serve as an example of how Christians and atheists can co-exist peacefully?
To try to break some stereotypes?
Some other stuff?

Fuzzy Kittens

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:29 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
Break stereotypes, relieve tensions, increase understanding. Let's make a whole new subforum dedicated to a bureaucracy. I want a window office!
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:56 am
Meirelle
I think a separate guild would be a good idea. One sponsored by GAU and a Christian guild. That way those who want to participate can join, and those who do not don't have to deal with them.

My two cents.

I actually agree with that.

I would be willing to help fund a secondary guild...but only if I see that there are a good amount of people on both sides willing to enter it.

They way I look at it, on one side we have a good chance for people to get to learn about each other and maybe dispell many of the stereotypes associated with athiests and theists.

On the other hand, it could be playing with fire, as someone else pointed out. When you look at it, we are online. So, many people are less then nice because they don't have to deal with the people they rile up. In fact, some people become uber arrogent just because they can.

I wouldn't want to endanger the guild by opening it up to people who might come in with thier own agenda but I'm not denying the whole idea outright. If we really wanted to go through with this, the safest bet would be to create another guild just for this purpose....that way if something does go horribly wrong this guild won't suffer too badly for it.

Sanguvixen

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:57 am
      You can't outright assume it's a terrible idea and not going to work when we haven't even agreed on exactly what we'd be doing xD

As I said before, I was thinking it would be okay if maybe one or two people were to come in and create a thread like Eaten By Cheese did in their guild already. That would be fine to have a thread for in the subforum. We already have that exact same thing happening in the subforum, like the topics by SaintChaos.

But, I agree, if the exchange program is meant to be large beyond that scale, that would be much easier to do in a separate guild. That way you can invite as many guilds as you like to participate too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:02 am
que me gusta lo mejor
I'm looking into buying used guilds. Much cheaper than making a new one.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:58 pm
let me ask this then, if its rare that a open minded christian joins the guild, what are the chances of this actually working? not trying to bash the idea but as i said earlier....this could lead to a lot of bad things. however if there's any crazy christians out there, ill be MORE THAN HAPPY TO BAT THEM DOWN! xD

i guess it really is no different than what THIS guild is allowing now. cuz you allow other religions as long as they aren't here to convert etc etc....so doing this little project is just making it more public?

i think as long as some ground rules are put down for BOTH sides then there might not be TOO much of a problem.

but my other question is.....what is the true point of doing this? of course to answer my own question i can look at myself and ask the same thing....why did i join this guild?

although i already posted my reasons before, i also want to add that maybe little by little, if nothing but a fracture, i am trying to possibly smooth down the tension that has probably existed between believers and non believers for a very long time. and if not the world (impossible) then a simple guild on this website.

then maybe that smoothing agent will grow and hopefully people will learn more to be accepting and open minded when it comes to other people's beliefs. there is a lot to learn here.

so the point of my stupid babbling? maybe it WILL be a good idea to do this, encourage people....as long as ground rules are laid down first maybe it won't be so bad?  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff