Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Things On Gaia That Annoy You. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bleh?
  Cheese please Louise!
  You're a doo doo head...?
  56?
  Llama Llama DUCK!
  I'm in my little brum-brum car. BEEP BEEP!
View Results

Asellus Rosewater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:27 pm
Above and beyond all else, the most aggravating thing about Gaia, to me, is that it is extremely n00b-friendly. I detest n00bs, and have no idea why they're tolerated here, or anywhere, when they show rather consistently that the old addage sticks. "Once a n00b, always a n00b."

I can stand new players. Hell, I love new players. Newbs are cool. I was one once. I joined Gaia in its early days in 2003 (An account that, as with Strawberry Massacre, I quit). I remember being new and how frustrating it used to be to gain gold sometimes. Thusly, donating to genuinely-in-need new players is something I don't mind doing.

Thusly, the older players of my former era that get so damned hostile bug me too. Some people just can't seem to remember what it was like being new.

Illiteracy is another problem I seem to have in common with a lot of good Gaians. I love my language. I love to think that even if someone just knows it second-hand or so, they can still make an effort. Lord knows if I had any skill with languages and had to type in another one I'd make the effort for them.

And so when people who know first-hand English can't be bothered to fully spell 'you' or 'what' it just makes me sad.

Rude people in general get on my nerves too. People who, for isntance, get bitchy when you decide that, instead of breaking the ToS, you're not going to cyber despite active Gaming moderation. I quote, with better spelling, a recent incident I had in a fishing room.

Them: "a/s/l?"

Me: "22/F/US. And you?"

Them: "15/f/OR. Wanna cybr?"

Me: "No, I follow the ToS, and you're too young for me anyways."

Them: "b***h!"

After which they left. If they'd went peacefully I might've ignored the whole thing. Instead, I screenshotted and reported. Silly n00bs... heart

I also note a distinct lack of conviction in a lot of avatar raters. Someone will, for instance, make a thread to exchange ratings, then they'll just log right off and like hell if they ever plan on seeing the thread again.

I have a lto more I could go on about, but...I think that covers the biggest ones.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:12 pm
rich gaians that think that got the world in the palm of there hand...*sight* i ment alot of!!  

m-S_y u m____e

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:13 pm
[Viki]
I miss the quick-bar thing. Before the era of the silly thought bubble telling me I have messages, there was a glorious time where one only had to go to one little bar to find all the features on Gaia.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:43 pm
Everything after the Daily Chance thing.

mPod

Legal Eye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:34 pm
I hate all the trash stuff. I think the Daily Chance should give you all kinds of rare items and gold and thats it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:35 pm
annoying ppl annoy me...xDD  

Aoi-Tsuki_Yuki

Asellus Rosewater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:41 pm
Legal Eye
I hate all the trash stuff. I think the Daily Chance should give you all kinds of rare items and gold and thats it.
Hehe. It'd be nice, but then where's the chance?

It'd have to be called the Daily Jackpot, I'd think...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:46 pm
Legal Eye
If that happened, those items wouldn't really be considered "rare" or be worth as much as they are now.  

Aakiyana

amigo bear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:22 pm
noob who think they have a chance on the arena  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:29 pm
noobs in general.
and all of those pyp threads... ATTNWHORES.
and all the "i hate god" "i'm gay" threads.... thats just attention whores for you though. and yeah noobs in the arena.
"i just submitted cuz i wanted the gold please rate 10 ^.^"
uhh,no.  

Super Voldemort

DumberDan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:38 pm
-People who post with really bad grammer and punctuation
(so i wuz goin2 da, shop.you won't guess wut happened'!1)

-Post titles that say, blah, im bored, anything with lower case letters and looks unprofessional.

-Noobs who clutter their avis with all those free items Gaia gives ya. Like slapping Mimzys, Mokona Hats, Syaoran Cloaks, etc.

-Marketplace items priced for way higher than their worth (Dried Grass Hat for 1,400,000 gold)

-Beggers who randomly hit you up if they see you in the forums.

-Bumpers evil (Except in bumping contests)

-Mules used for the sole purpose of just being there...

-N00bz who clutter the avatar arena who say "I just entered the avatar contest for fun, just to see how I do." "No description" "Pl0x vote 10 for me! I need the gold!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:42 pm
hardcore noobs...cyber people......intolerant people.....rasists.....  

krustytubesox

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:49 pm
General error message... Specially when I see a good offer on the MP mad

Flowers... I really don't know what's the what with them. You can make a bouquet, and that's it. I get a lot of flowers on Daily Chance

Daily Chance is also annoying, because it mostly has trash, bugs, and flowers. There should be on rare occasions a very good item, of a giftbox

Giftboxes.... they just never appear xd

And N00bs, specially in the arena, waste of 1k. I don't understand them at all

Oh... and 13year old kids that want to cyber, gaming rooms are full with them  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:57 pm
lets see....

1. n00bs (not newbs)
2. immaturity
3. ignorance
4. obliviousness
5. obnoxiousness
6. the fact that 2-5 encompass number 1
7. the addiction that comes with the love of gaia that is now the reason that i'm on here at 1 in the morning after not being able to sleep......i mean i used to have a life once...... rolleyes
8. o and n00bs  

eshmekeh

Trakadon

Questionable Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:18 pm
i know i've been on gaia for little over a week now and ever sense i got my avi's new look i've been geting pms from ppl i don't even know asking for donations and when i tell them i have nothing to donate they say i'm a hacker....whats up with that eek
anyways thats what is annoying to me  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces