Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xolramuh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:20 am
My name is Jenna. You guys can just call me AK or Xol. I'm 21 and I love to draw / make clay figurines.

I'm hoping that I can learn some new things from this guild. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:42 am
Hi. I'm from Florida (United States) and I work in clay. I will post some pics as soon as I take some.  

Dee Linquent

Seamstress

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:14 am
Hi. I saw this guild featured. I didn't even know what Amigurumi was, so I looked it up on wikipedia and bought a pattern from CraftyAlien.com

Now I'm starting my first Amigurumi project. Thanks for alerting me to this super cute craft!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:36 am
Hi, I also saw this guild featured and just had to join!
I'm from England and I make fimo jewlery, mainly earrings.
I like to stick to anime sort of themes so I thought this would a good place for inspiration and to learn new techiques =]
Thanks~  

cronos_kitty

This is Claire

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:18 pm
Hello! I just got accepted to the guild! I'm excited to discuss ceramics and other arts with all of you! I took Ceramics I in high school last semester and the coil pot project that I made was entered into the school art show this week. See you all around!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:09 pm
Hello! I'm currently in Lampeter university in the UK doing archaeology (meh, but wants to change to media studies), and I'm 20 years old.
I've been interested in drawing and making things all my life, but only really started doing any sort of proper sculpture in late '06 when I first started making masks.

My primary incentive to start making masks was Halloween in my first year at university; I needed something fairly quick to make, but also something that looked fairly stylish. In the end I made a simple black half-mask with some Celtic knotwork drawn on with gold pen... A couple of months later I was invited to a large LARP event, and the charcter I planned on playing needed a mask or at least face paint. So I decided to make a feline mask for me to LARP in. Here's a pic: http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/Rachel_in_the_sky/?action=view¤t=1stlarpchara.jpg The clay I used wasn't very good; it was a natural clay that was quite heavy and cracked a lot as it dried. Now I use Das air drying clay a lot as it is much lighter and dries much faster.

At the moment my speciality is masks, but recently I've decided to try model making and puppet making. I'll post links when I've finished my various projects and have pictures.  

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

Renivere

Cute Shoujo

25,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:28 pm
Hello =) I'm... Pai Su ^^. 13 is my age and I have a real big interest for crafts! I'm currently making a frog out of air-drying clay (boy it takes a while to dry)

Anyways I'm from Canada!! I recently got a book about Amigurumi! =)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:35 pm
Hello all! I'm Catherine.
I'm a Floridian currrently making sculpted art as a hobby/interest.
I hope to major in an art, but that's very unlikely to happen.

I wasn't very into 3-D Art until I took an art class and figured I had a kinda knack for it!
I was mostly into 2-D art prior to this.
However, I usually make things on a very small scale. I have no clue why.
When I'm asked to make something bigger than 2 inches out of clay, I fail.
Perhaps it's my lack of knowledge in the subject.
I love creating little sculptures, I attempt to make jewellery, and at the moment I like creating props and accessories to go along with my cosplays.

I have yet to work with Sculpy/Fimo, but I really want to.
So far I've worked with regular clay, air-dry clay, plaster strips, and mized materials such as wire, leaves...styrofoam.
I also love to sew! lol.  

cathyn119

Royalpurple2

2,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:13 pm
Greetings,

My name is Misti, and I am a 28 year old stay at home mom. I live in Oklahoma.

I have alot of interests and hobbies!!!

I enjoy playing with my son outside, taking walks with him or taking him to the park, or making crafts...

The crafts I enjoy doing are...

-> putting puzzles together
-> Draw(pencil only)
-> Color in coloring books(mostly with my son)
-> Scrap Booking
-> Painting
-> Cross Stitching
-> Jewelry making
-> Use baked clay for making things
-> Make my own 3D stickers
-> Make my own holiday decorations
-> Make my own bday cards, invitations, holiday cards
-> Decorate envelopes
-> Make my own Pittsburgh Steelers stuff
-> I am slowly working on making my own dollhouse and minis for it.
-> I play World of Warcraft
-> Make roses out of coffee filters, then place 12 into a vase.
-> Make my own magnets
-> Make pixel dolls
-> I also like to put model cars and trucks together
-> I also like to work on car engines
-> I like going to car shows
-> and a lot more.

I also like to watch movies and look things up on the net.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:28 pm
Hey there. They call me Akito (bound to change soon.)
I just turned 14, and right now Im making felt plushies, mascots , and lots of random stuff. I might post some pictures later!
I also really like to draw avis so pm me if you want me to draw you! (But its in pencil.. and I dont have photoshop, so I cant do any of that good stuff. D': )
I want to start making clay figures soon, since I saw so much cute little clay figures I want to make some of my own..

AkitoKitty

Sparkling Hero

Whip

Rainbow Succubus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:36 pm
Hi folk smile

I'm 27 (almost) and I live in Australia also... I grew up with art all around me (my family are mostly painters/graphic artists/musicians... so I decided to go against the grain a little and so I express myself as an Actor (more like express other people wink ) but I am also a street performer in a small troupe, and we are relatively non-verbal, installation/moving statue kind of thing (so I guess that is like a human sculpture)

Only recently have I seen the finer art of sculpture, and I am really enjoying experiencing sculpture on a large scale, or en-masse.

My favourite sculpure/installation would have to be the red line in... i think it's finland or sweden, where there are red lines painted on buildings, and at a certain point if you look at it, they all join up (i can't describe it...)

But that's more of a painting really... I also love the 'Yellow Peril' in Melbourne...

By the way, if you haven't noticed, I love to talk... sweatdrop

I hope to have some wonderful conversations here biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:59 pm
Hi Everyone,

My name is Mischele and I am from Malaysia. I am a final year graphic design student majoring in Illustration. Although I’m in Graphic Design, my real love is sculpturing. I mostly make figures and dolls because I have a fascination with anything miniature. biggrin

I used to work with paper clay before I discovered a shop that sells Sculpey in my country. That was one of the happiest days of my life (I was so deprived! ha ha)

I love it so much that I tried to include it in all my college assignments, even product packaging! Wanna see? My DeviantArt Page  

Shiatar

m i l k y b u n n i e

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:13 pm
teehee. Yay. Just became a member today. x3

First off, my name is Ami. [Ah-mee]
And I'm 20 years old, full-time college student.

I'm actually majoring in Illustration.
But I enjoy making little charms out of sculpey.

I'm from Chicago, IL. Lived here all my life, and don't plan
on leaving anytime soon. rofl

I don't have a deviantart or whatever..or a proper website as of yet.
I plan on making one during the summer, though!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:57 am
Well, I just needed some kind of a guild to be written in my prof.
Hm...I love Clay and...Thats all. Nothing interesting or special about me.
See ya.  

Jenny the Poo

Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games