Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Where is Capcom taking this? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident Evil is
  Going down the toilet quickly, but the classics are still just that: Classic.
  Getting better and better with every game.
View Results

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:37 pm
Yeah, Forest Temple was fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:37 pm
Point is, Zelda is a fantasy action RPG and it was scarier than RE4. Uncharted is an adventure game, and that had scarier moments than RE4. So what does that say about RE these days?  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:39 pm
That it... sucks?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:43 pm
Well yes. But more specifically, that it's NOT HORROR.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:55 pm
That too. Gosh, it just makes me so sad that it isn't horror. that's what I loved so much.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:00 pm
I'm happy that it isn't horror. If it was actually scary, then people would claim that yes, RE4 was a good step. But this way, no, it's not. "New Generation of horror" my a**.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:33 pm
I still would have complained had they kept that horrid battle system. It and I are not friends.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:02 pm
Dude, not to toot my own horn, but I felt good supporting RE on GameFAQs today (on the PS3 board of all places)... I laid out numbers and facts as opposed to opinions and it felt liberating to finally be like "Yeah well look at this. Boom." and flat-out say that the old REs dominated the hell out of RE4.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:05 pm
Ah, they'll all just say, "Well, those older games have been out longer."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:01 pm
*applauds Canas*  

REaceofclubs

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:19 am
i believe capcom is still doing what they usually are doing with resident evil. it originally called Biohazard. Biohazard n. "A biological hazard or biohazard is an organism, or substance derived from an organism, that poses a threat to (primarily) human health". thats what 4 had. Capcom still holds on to humans being infected but changed. they keep the puzzles in but its starting to decrease. the only thing they ditched was the survival horror feel. but it looks like they are bringing it back in 5.

And for some people who doesn't like that behind the shoulder view i think its a better perspective because it makes it harder due to the fact that you don't know whats behind you.

hopefully the bring back the survival horror because that was what drawn me in to resident evil.

and to argue with the RE4. the main difference to RE4 and the other RE's is that in the old ones you have little place to go (i.e.: in RE1 you are in a mansion) In RE4 you have a big village, a huge castle and a big-a** island, so you had a lot of room for moving. that is why the horror bit was lost. but i still love playing RE4 because the gameplay is much better than the old ones. in REmake i spent a hour trying to get used to the movement controls. I think you all are missing that Resident Evil wasn't just about horror. its about being infected, pushing crates, saving on typewriters, surviving, and blowing heads clean off your enemies.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:49 am
Don't even start on the gameplay. If you can't handle the controls of the classic RE games, then you shouldn't be playing Resident Evil.

And just because the incident in RE4 thechnically fills the definition of the title, doesn't make it right.

Because if Final Fantasy did that, there would only be ONE Final Fantasy, wouldn't there?

And if Metal Gear Solid did that, then for all you know, you're fighting a gian grandfather clock with metal gears inside of it.

In Mortal Kombat, characters would actually die and not come back.

I can go on forever. Just because the content of the game technically defines the title, doesn't make it suitable for it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:18 am
A bit lost? Honey, if I play a game for more than fifteen minutes and don't scream, then it's not horror. As for the controls... well...

The contols add to the horror when you first being playing RE. Because when you're getting used to them, and you run into a zombie, you freak out. So your brain instinctively tells you to use normal game controls. Next thing you know, you've ran right into the thing that is trying to kill you.
The thing is that it's more realistic that way. When you first start out in a zombie infested mansion, you aren't going to move around so easily nomatter who you are. Then, when you get a little more adapted to the atmosphere (or in the players case, controls), you're more comfortable and more in control of yourself. I don't really think Capcom was thinking of that when they designed the controls, but that's how it turned out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:21 am
And still.. It takes a little half an hour... That's all... To get used to the controls. And for the first half hour, most RE games are at a nice and slow pace, with no chase scenes, no really fast enemies with hard to outmaneuver hallways. You have plenty of opportunity to easily get used to the controls. So people have no excuse. If they don't want to play with those controls, they don't deserve to experience Resident Evil's awesomeness. (I'm still talking about the REAL Resident Evil. Not RE4.)  

Biohazard EXTREME

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:38 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Don't even start on the gameplay. If you can't handle the controls of the classic RE games, then you shouldn't be playing Resident Evil.

And just because the incident in RE4 thechnically fills the definition of the title, doesn't make it right.

Because if Final Fantasy did that, there would only be ONE Final Fantasy, wouldn't there?

And if Metal Gear Solid did that, then for all you know, you're fighting a gian grandfather clock with metal gears inside of it.

In Mortal Kombat, characters would actually die and not come back.

I can go on forever. Just because the content of the game technically defines the title, doesn't make it suitable for it.

I never said i couldn't handle the controls. in REmake my friend showed me type c controls and now i barry sanders the crap out of the infected(i don't call anything in RE zombies because actual zombies are supernatural. in Biohazard it is done through science). the behind the shoulder look adds more real perspective cause in the other REs you could see almost every infected person. in RE4 you don't know what is behind your back. plus with RE4's controls you can aim for specific body parts giving more of a realistic feel. the reason why they slightly changed the controls is because it was being recycled too much. the people who created the biohazard series got bored with it and actually moved onto other projects so if they never changed changed the controls then resident evil would stop. plus the controls attracted more people to play Resident Evil 4 and as they got attracted to that game they would probably want to play the previous games thus adding more fans to the series. thats how i got attracted to the Biohazard series, i played 4 first and then i played all the other ones. and i'll say it again Biohazard is not just horror. It is survival horror as in you must survive. i admit that RE4 didn't have much horror in it. it had some horror parts in it but not too great.

dealing with the title argument. this is capcom we are talking about capcom does not own any of the other games you mentioned. Biohazard's stories take place in the same world. in final fantasy almost all of them are stories of different worlds/universes also its about fantasy and doing the final fight of said game. Metal Gear Solid's title is about the main character "Solid" snake taking on a war machine dubbed Metal Gear. Mortal Kombat is a fighting game. i don't expect a fighting game that once your character dies you can never use him anymore for the rest of eternity. in the Mortal Kombat movies those characters do stay dead. it is called Biohazard because it is about Biohazard as in outbreaks of virus/organism that harms the well being of mankind. lets take another title. street fighter(owned by capcom) is about fighters fighting with street rules(i.e. anything goes). Devil may cry: the character Dante's abilities is so uber that even the devils may cry( its in the manual for almost every game).

as for those of you complaining about the horror concept of the game. it is still indeed horror. horror n. 1.an overwhelming and painful feeling caused by something frightfully shocking, terrifying, or revolting. i don't know about you but shooting a person's head off and someting comes out of their neck is revolting. War is horror. you don't have to scream for horror. my roommate has seen a lot of horror movies and even the ones that will make you puke in 5 minutes and she never screams at any of them nor does she closes her eyes. also for the horror concept. how about we say we placed you in a different country and that you cannot speak the native language of the people and all they want from you is to die. that would put some fear in me because i don't want to die. and im sure you wouldn't either.

all im saying is this: time changes. games changes. gameplay changes. horror changes. if you are not used to change then just get off the train cause this is a small change compared to more other changes that has an impact to the real world.

I love games. I love the Biohazard series. I'll keep on playing till I die. you can stop if you want but I rather keep on going. Resident Evil 4 is Resident Evil. It is part of the storyline to the others. The only people that can say that it is not Resident Evil are the creators themselves. As I recall I don't think any of you have made Resident Evil or have your name in the credits. And nobody can say who has the right and who doesn't have the right to play Resident Evil. Thats like you saying that a retarded person does not reserve the right to play the game. To me you guys are just being conservatives and are not open-minded that much. Its hard for me to play Tekken because i never got used to the controls but it didn't stop me from playing it whenever i feel like it.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff