Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Cult RPG. New ******** update@@@@@@==== ((page 118)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_Links

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:08 am

Denko
If you're good like me, a third-person battle system could be coded all the way back to RPG Maker 2000. No one thinks it's possible though.
;D

Orly?
Quote:
Q:
Can I change the battle system to a side-view system?
A:
It is not possible to change the battle system. We elected to use a front view battle system for RPG MAKER VX.

Then again you do have a picture viewed from the side.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:15 am

A few questions, Mr. Funky Denko-sama!

How many culties are currently in this game? Is it a set list? Are any of them enemy characters? Arrgg, so many questions!

Hero Maul

Dark_Links

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:17 am

Hero Maul

How many culties are currently in this game? Is it a set list? Are any of them enemy characters? Arrgg, so many questions!

Also, is there going to be a final set of characters preset for the final boss (Final Fantasy 4) or is it going to be up to us who will fight the final boss (Final Fantasy 6)?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:18 am

Can my character be based on this guy by any chance? http://insanitycheeseboy.deviantart.com/art/Me-91480209

Super Cheesio

Hero Maul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:18 am

b***h BE STEALING MY QUESTIONS.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:21 am

Hero Maul
b***h BE STEALING MY QUESTIONS.

b***h be stealing my caps. xd

Dark_Links

Denko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:32 am

Quote:

I said a few pages back that I will not answer questions like these any more. It's irrelevant at this stage in development. But some Culties may be enemies. That's the only part I think I know.

Quote:
Also, is there going to be a final set of characters preset for the final boss (Final Fantasy 4) or is it going to be up to us who will fight the final boss (Final Fantasy 6)?

You'll be able to change your party around for the entire game once it gets big enough.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 am

Denko

You'll be able to change your party around for the entire game once it gets big enough.
Cool.

Super Cheesio

melikefood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:46 am

How will the story progress?
Is there a hub town with quests, or is it a journey from place to place?
Will there be sidequest-type stuff?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:48 am

melikefood
He already said there's gonna be sidequests.

Super Cheesio

Denko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 am

melikefood

The story is divided into chapters. Don't ask how many, because I don't know. Anyway, each chapter has its own city/location (or sometimes 2 cities) where you can recieve sidequests and progress the main storyline with Jack and the central characters.
Currently there's a plan to have several very difficult sidequests to unlock some characters that don't fit into the main story but have their own story.
As for in-between chapters, after the main dungeon of the chapter is completed you travel to the next chapter, with some cutscenes and plot development in between that.
Travel between chapter cities can be made on foot, or using gateways I've been including that can transport you to other locations. So it's kinda like Ocarina of Time in that aspect.
The demo won't have the gateways, obviously, because there would really only be two places to go to.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:23 pm

Dark Super Sonic
Denko

Dark Super Sonic: I could do pets, but the real question is would that be a good idea for this game?
At this point I'm not so sure, but I haven't ruled out the idea of non-human playable characters. Like, for example, if Fish had a dog, and the dog was part of the party too. But I don't know if I want to do that.
There's also another way of doing it, where there's a class that has skills/spells where pets attack the enemy.
And the hardest way is to do it like you said, and that would require game script, which is unbelievably time consuming. I don't know if I want to do that.
So... really, I'll just think about it.

Adding pets to the game would change out the gameplay, wouldn't it? Say, Jack has three modes of option. Either attacking, items, and defending. But adding pets could open a new mode, or put in as a different attack. If pets were to be in the game, it would first have to be decided if they themselves would be playable, or they would just follow a human around. Or both. Adding pets now could also affect the story line, wouldn't it? Like say character A.I. fell into a lake. Instead of him washing ashore and someone finding him, his dog could jump in and save him, or alert someone that he has fallen in. Adding pets would make the development of the game more difficult, but its also a great aspect. Then again, it comes back to what their position would be.

I trust your decision on this. In the long run, the RPG should be good, and if something like animals were to slow it down/make it worse, then it would be better to exclude them.

Dark Super Sonic

Denko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

Dark Super Sonic
Dark Super Sonic
Denko

Dark Super Sonic: I could do pets, but the real question is would that be a good idea for this game?
At this point I'm not so sure, but I haven't ruled out the idea of non-human playable characters. Like, for example, if Fish had a dog, and the dog was part of the party too. But I don't know if I want to do that.
There's also another way of doing it, where there's a class that has skills/spells where pets attack the enemy.
And the hardest way is to do it like you said, and that would require game script, which is unbelievably time consuming. I don't know if I want to do that.
So... really, I'll just think about it.

Adding pets to the game would change out the gameplay, wouldn't it? Say, Jack has three modes of option. Either attacking, items, and defending. But adding pets could open a new mode, or put in as a different attack. If pets were to be in the game, it would first have to be decided if they themselves would be playable, or they would just follow a human around. Or both. Adding pets now could also affect the story line, wouldn't it? Like say character A.I. fell into a lake. Instead of him washing ashore and someone finding him, his dog could jump in and save him, or alert someone that he has fallen in. Adding pets would make the development of the game more difficult, but its also a great aspect. Then again, it comes back to what their position would be.

I trust your decision on this. In the long run, the RPG should be good, and if something like animals were to slow it down/make it worse, then it would be better to exclude them.

Yes, I saw your response. I didn't say anything because I don't know what you're trying to get me to say.
For now I'm not really keen on putting pets in.
It would just bog everything down.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Regulust
Do any culties get theme songs?(Besides Fish cause i assume if any cultie does it'd be him)

Yin Yun Yang

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:37 pm

Hehe, just thought of this. When someone unlocks the character representing themselves (if they have one in the game) we can all probably expect a thread saying "Whoo! I just unlocked me!"

yeah.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games