Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply 21+
General Chit-Chat - Stop by and say hello! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Knock-Knock
  Who's there?
View Results

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:25 pm
It IS quiet in here!
I've been trying to think of a way to get people posting - which is why we are going to be having a Home Page competition!
Unfortuantely, uni has started, I'm sick *sniffle, cough* work has thrown me MORE work (now I'm doing 3 jobs!) and I've run out of steam.

So, now I'm off to do my usual 9 hour day, followed by a 3 hour lecture. Ugh. Only two more years and I'll be done.
:p  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
i´m sick  

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:49 pm
ninja And I'm lurking more than posting lately, just so everyone knows. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:40 pm
Well, I haven't been active in this guild for a while and thought I should now. Also, wanted to just say hello. Well, hello! biggrin I'm having a really good day too! My dad ordered TV Japan for me, and it's helping me a great deal in learning the language. (Also, in learning about their culture.) So, my dream of living in Japan is seemingly more real. Hope everybody is fine. biggrin  

shadow22cat

10,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:26 am
TV Japan sound intersting. once in a bar i watshed japaneese bar Tv it was without sound, just some sub titles and it was very funny.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:54 pm
Ameliechan
TV Japan sound intersting. once in a bar i watshed japaneese bar Tv it was without sound, just some sub titles and it was very funny.

Yeah, a lot of it is funny. That's kind of why I like it. The only time it's kind of boring is during the news, but it's still interesting to see the stories. Their variety shows are crazy! My parents saw one and said the Japanese are too weird. razz I don't think all of them are that way though. mrgreen  

shadow22cat

10,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:48 pm
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been very busy with this stupid research paper that I haven't had time to post lately. sweatdrop So how's everyone doing?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:05 pm
Just popping in to say hello. I'm still sniffling from my cold (it's been two weeks now! Grrrrr!) but other than that I'm well. My classes have started, and this week I'm out every night - in class! I'll probably not be around for another few weeks until things settle back to only two nights a week.

September already!? I can't beleive how quickly this year has flown!  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:05 pm
Well, my preliminary draft (new phrase from my teacher/prof. for "rough draft") is completed for Wednesday's class. blaugh I hope it's good enough. 3nodding

I hope you get over your cold, Sablara. I hate colds! They seem to linger more and more as you get older I've noticed. sweatdrop Trying drinking orange juice or other antioxidants like green tea, mango tea, etc. 3nodding That should help!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:50 pm
My friend's wedding was absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to get a hold of some pictures so I can show off all the fun things we did.
The photographer was AMAZING and incredibly patient with us and our short attention spans (we stopped doing things to dance like, four times in the limited two hour session we had xd )
And the bride and groom-They never touched the floor that day; they were on cloud9 from the very moment they saw each other when she came down the aisle.
I hope everyone's doing great with school and jobs and what have yous.
Hopefully, I'll be seeing everyone around more often?  

Mercenaryx2070

O.G. Noob

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:27 pm
With any luck, you will all be seeing me more after this week. 3nodding This week I have to finish my report/research paper, attend 2 career fairs (one in Lawrence, KS; and one in KCMO), tweak a script/screenplay for an assignment, and start (and hopefully finish) an Adobe Fireworks project (which shouldn't take too long). sweatdrop Whew! What a busy week I have ahead of me!

If anyone has ideas as to what to wear to a career fair when you don't have any skirts or dresses that fit (and no money or time to purchase new ones) please post! I have to find clothes to wear as well...I forgot that's tomorrow! So that also means I have to print my resume! xd Yaaa! Gosh, I hope I survive this week! whee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:41 am
Mercenaryx2070
My friend's wedding was absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to get a hold of some pictures so I can show off all the fun things we did.

I love weddings!! heart Do let us know when you get some photos, i'm sure I'm not the only one who is interested in seeing you all dressed-to-impress!

Bakura Amane

If anyone has ideas as to what to wear to a career fair

Don't stress! It's just the career fair - not the interview! Were there many companies you were interested in working for at the fair? Any interviews on the way?

I'm 1/2 way through my essay....due on Wednesday. It is taking me a LOT longer than I expected...and I'm having to learn how to reference properly. EEEKKKK!!
My other news is that i'm applying for another position (same company, different team)...assuming my boss lets me! *crosses fingers*
As they say, a change is as good as a holiday!  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:43 am
No, Sablara, there were only 2 companies at the current career fairs that I was interested in. confused I talked with one and emailed them my resume per their request. I have yet to hear back from anyone for an interview, but there is another career fair coming up on Wednesday at another local school (read: nearby) that is open to the public so I plan to attend that one. Lost the list, so I'll have to look for it and then find out how many there are that I'll be talking to.

There were about 40 some companies at the first career fair; the second one had over 100, but it's a big school anyway. sweatdrop

Well, hopefully, I can get at least one of these companies to interview me. I don't want to go back to being a cashier after December. confused Also, I'm about 90% sure I'll be going back to school at least to take one or two extra classes before looking for an animation job. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:02 am
I strongly felt the need to share this awesome video.
Bakura, you came straight to mind as I watched, being the animation student and all 3nodding
But I think everyone can appreciate its awesomeness
Of course, I could be like a million years late and everyone may have seen it already xd

The Cat Piano  

Mercenaryx2070

O.G. Noob

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:53 pm
That was awesome! blaugh I enjoyed it and the animation was suprerb! 3nodding Thanks for sharing that video with all of us! I had never seen it before, so you weren't late by my standards. wink  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff