Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
HTC Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:43 am
Ugh! I updated my graphics card driver yesterday, and now my monitor is blurr- well s**t, pressing auto adjust fixed it, hahaha.
Weather's been really hot here recently, not the best weather to have long hair really, ehe.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:05 am
Its not even that hot here and I agree with you about the long hair deal. I really need to get it cut.

Its not so much the long hair that is bothering me, it is how much effort I have to put in to not have it messy. Plus I get too warm!  

00Shoe
Captain

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:26 am
It's difficult to do anything with mine, I just brush it then I tend to leave it because wind's gonna mess it up anyway. Mine's most of the way down my back so it has a habit of going everywhere, haha.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:41 pm
Mine isn't quite that long, I wear a hat to control it. Works well until I take off the hat, then hat head!  

00Shoe
Captain

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:01 pm
Doing some more character design stuff. I'm always afraid my characters are either boring, too similar or not close enough to the animal they're based on.
I'm also pretty bad at coming up with names for them.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:49 pm
Nothing wrong with a character not behaving like the animal they are. It would be pretty boring if they all did.

Coming up with names is something that is rather difficult. You can either:
A) Choose a common name, and have someone complain that the name is already used
B) Make up a weird name, and have people unsure how to say it
C) Take something about your character and spell it differently or append some other word onto it (I think this is pretty common for furries). I think it would be better to just choose a common name instead of this.
D) Never tell anyone the character name and hope for the best :p  

00Shoe
Captain

seffro

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:57 pm
00Shoe
Nothing wrong with a character not behaving like the animal they are. It would be pretty boring if they all did.

Coming up with names is something that is rather difficult. You can either:
A) Choose a common name, and have someone complain that the name is already used
B) Make up a weird name, and have people unsure how to say it
C) Take something about your character and spell it differently or append some other word onto it (I think this is pretty common for furries). I think it would be better to just choose a common name instead of this.
D) Never tell anyone the character name and hope for the best :p

i chose option b apparently lol made a new furry while on the subject needs orange black hair tho. any ideas?  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:13 pm
00Shoe

I meant more like appearance than how they act, I don't really make them behave like the animal they're based on at all. :V  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:47 pm
seffro
i chose option b apparently lol made a new furry while on the subject needs orange black hair tho. any ideas?

What type of orange black are you looking for? Short, long, etc.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:48 pm
Ghost Pancakes
I meant more like appearance than how they act, I don't really make them behave like the animal they're based on at all. :V

Does it really matter if people don't pick up on what the creature actually is? Just include one or two defining features, that should be enough. It is about creativity not realism!  

00Shoe
Captain

seffro

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:49 pm
00Shoe
seffro

What type of orange black are you looking for? Short, long, etc.

any that would match current color scheme  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:00 pm
Searched through so many pages of items, still nothing excellent. However my search shall be tireless until I have looked through every gaia item!  

00Shoe
Captain

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:02 am
00Shoe
Ghost Pancakes

Does it really matter if people don't pick up on what the creature actually is? Just include one or two defining features, that should be enough. It is about creativity not realism!

I guess so! That's a really good point actually, thanks. :V  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:18 am
00Shoe
Searched through so many pages of items, still nothing excellent. However my search shall be tireless until I have looked through every gaia item!

i appreciate the help but you don't habeas to look that hard xD
birthday is June 17th. can't wait ;3  

seffro

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:37 am
Ghost Pancakes
I guess so! That's a really good point actually, thanks. :V

I only have good ideas! :p  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games