Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:22 am
2 Samuel
Chapter 19
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 And it was told Ioab, Beholde, the king weepeth and mourneth for Absalom.

2 And the victorie that day was turned into mourning vnto all the people: for the people heard say that day, how the king was grieued for his sonne.

3 And the people gate them by stealth that day into the citie, as people beeing ashamed steale away when they flee in battell.

4 But the king couered his face, and the king cried with a loud voyce, O my sonne Absalom, O Absalom my sonne, my sonne.

5 And Ioab came into the house to the king, and said, Thou hast shamed this day the faces of all thy seruants, which this day haue saued thy life, and the liues of thy sonnes, & of thy daughters, and the liues of thy wiues, and the liues of thy concubines,

6 In that thou louest thine enemies, and hatest thy friends; for thou hast declared this day, that thou regardest neither princes, nor seruants: for this day I perceiue, that if Absalom had liued, and all we had died this day, then it had pleased thee well.

7 Now therefore arise, goe foorth, and speake comfortably vnto thy seruants: for I sweare by the Lord, if thou goe not forth, there wil not tarie one with thee this night, and that will be worse vnto thee then all the euill that befell thee from thy youth vntill now.

8 Then the King rose, and sate in the gate: and they told vnto all the people, saying, Behold, the king doth sit in the gate: and all the people came before the king: for Israel had fled euery man to his tent.

9 ¶ And all the people were at strife throughout all the tribes of Israel, saying, The king saued vs out of the hand of our enemies, and he deliuered vs out of the hand of the Philistines, and now he is fled out of the land for Absalom.

10 And Absalom whom wee anointed ouer vs, is dead in battell: nowe therefore why speake ye not a word of bringing the king backe?

11 ¶ And King Dauid sent to Zadok and to Abiathar the priests, saying, Speake vnto the Elders of Iudah, saying, Why are ye the last to bring the king backe to his house? (seeing the speech of all Israel is come to the king, euen to his house.)

12 Yee are my brethren, Yee are my bones and my flesh: wherfore then are ye the last to bring backe the king?

13 And say ye to Amasa: Art thou not of my bone, and of my flesh? God do so to me, and more also, if thou be not captaine of the hoste before me continually in the roome of Ioab.

14 And he bowed the heart of all the men of Iudah, euen as the heart of one man, so that they sent this word vnto the King, Returne thou and all thy seruants.

15 So the King returned, and came to Iordan: and Iudah came to Gilgal, to goe to meet the King, to conduct the king ouer Iordane.

16 ¶ And Shimei the sonne of Gera, a Beniamite, which wass of Bahurim, hasted, & came downe with the men of Iudah, to meet King Dauid.

17 And there were a thousand men of Beniamin with him, and Ziba the seruant of the house of Saul, and his fifteene sonnes and his twenty seruants with him, and they went ouer Iordane before the King.

18 And there went ouer a ferry-boat to cary ouer the kings houshold, and to doe what he thought good: and Shimei the sonne of Gera fell downe before the king as he was come ouer Iordane;

19 And said vnto the king, Let not my lord impute iniquitie vnto me, neither do thou remember that which thy seruant did peruersly the day that my lord the king went out of Ierusalem, that the king should take it to his heart.

20 For thy seruant doeth know that I haue sinned: therefore behold, I am come the first this day of all the house of Ioseph, to goe downe to meete my lord the king.

21 But Abishai the sonne of Zeruiah answered, and sayd, Shall not Shimei be put to death for this, because hee cursed the Lords Anointed?

22 And Dauid said, What haue I to doe with you, yee sonnes of Zeruiah, that yee should this day be aduersaries vnto me? shall there any man be put to death this day in Israel? for doe not I know, that I am this day King ouer Israel?

23 Therfore the king said vnto Shimei, Thou shalt not die: and the King sware vnto him.

24 ¶ And Mephibosheth the sonne of Saul came downe to meet the king, and had neither dressed his feete, nor trimmed his beard, nor washed his clothes, from the day the King departed, vntill the day hee came againe in peace.

25 And it came to passe when he was come to Ierusalem to meete the King, that the King sayd vnto him, Wherefore wentest not thou with me, Mephibosheth?

26 And hee answered, My lord O king, my seruant deceiued mee; for thy seruant sayd, I will saddle me an asse that I may ride thereon, and goe to the king, because thy seruant is lame:

27 And hee hath slandered thy seruant vnto my lord the king, but my lord the King is as an Angel of God: doe therefore what is good in thine eyes.

28 For all of my fathers house were but dead men before my lord the king: yet diddest thou set thy seruant among them that did eate at thine owne table: what right therefore haue I yet to crie any more vnto the king?

29 And the king said vnto him, Why speakest thou any more of thy matters? I haue said, Thou and Ziba diuide the land.

30 And Mephibosheth said vnto the king, Yea, let him take all, forasmuch as my lorde the king is come againe in peace vnto his owne house.

31 ¶ And Barzillai the Gileadite came downe from Rogelim, and went ouer Iordane with the king, to conduct him ouer Iordane.

32 Now Barzillai was a very aged man, euen fourescore yeeres olde, and he had prouided the king of sustenance while he lay at Mahanaim: for he was a very great man.

33 And the king said vnto Barzillai, Come thou ouer with me, and I will feede thee with me in Ierusalem.

34 And Barzillai sayde vnto the king, How long haue I to liue, that I should goe vp with the King vnto Ierusalem?

35 I am this day fourescore yeeres olde: and can I discerne betweene good and euill? Can thy seruant taste what I eate, or what I drinke? can I heare any more the voice of singing men and singing women? wherfore then should thy seruant bee yet a burden vnto my lord the king?

36 Thy seruant will goe a little way ouer Iordane with the king: and why should the king recompense it me with such a reward?

37 Let thy seruant, I pray thee, turne backe againe, that I may die in mine owne citie, and be buried by the graue of my father, and of my mother: but behold thy seruant Chimham, let him go ouer with my lord the king, and doe to him what shall seeme good vnto thee.

38 And the king answered, Chimham shal goe ouer with me, and I will doe to him that which shall seeme good vnto thee: and whatsoeuer thou shalt require of me, that will I doe for thee.

39 And all the people went ouer Iordane: and when the king was come ouer, the king kissed Barzillai, and blessed him, and he returned vnto his owne place.

40 Then the King went on to Gilgal, and Chimham went on with him: and all the people of Iudah conducted the king, and also halfe the people of Israel.

41 ¶ And behold, all the men of Israel came to the king, and said vnto the king, Why haue our brethren the men of Iudah stollen thee away, and haue brought the King and his houshold, and all Dauids men with him, ouer Iordane?

42 And all the men of Iudah answered the men of Israel, Because the king is neere of kinne to vs: wherefore then be ye angrie for this matter? Haue we eaten at all of the kings cost? or hath he giuen vs any gift?

43 And the men of Israel answered the men of Iudah, and said, Wee haue ten parts in the king, and we haue also more right in Dauid then yee: why then did yee despise vs, that our aduice should not be first had in bringing backe our king? And the wordes of the men of Iudah were fiercer then the words of the men of Israel.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:17 am
2 Samuel
Chapter 20

1 And there happened to bee there a man of Belial, whose name was Sheba the sonne of Bichri, a Beniamite, & hee blew a trumpet, and said, Wee haue no part in Dauid, neither haue we inheritance in the sonne of Iesse: euery man to his tents, O Israel.

2 So euery man of Israel went vp from after Dauid, and followed Sheba the sonne of Bichri: but the men of Iudah claue vnto their king, from Iordane euen to Ierusalem.

3 ¶ And Dauid came to his house at Ierusalem, and the king tooke the ten women his concubines, whom he had left to keep the house, and put them in ward, and fed them, but went not in vnto them: so they were shut vp vnto the day of their death, liuing in widowhood.

4 ¶ Then said the king to Amasa, Assemble me the men of Iudah within three dayes, and be thou here present.

5 So Amasa went to assemble the men of Iudah; but hee taried longer then the set time which he had appointed him.

6 And Dauid said to Abishai, Now shall Sheba the sonne of Bichri doe vs more harme then did Absalom: take thou thy lords seruants, and pursue after him, lest he get him fenced cities, and escape vs.

7 And there went out after him Ioabs men, and the Cherethites, and the Pelethites, and all the mighty men: and they went out of Ierusalem, to pursue after Sheba the sonne of Bichri.

8 When they were at the great stone which is in Gibeon, Amasa went before them: and Ioabs garment that he had put on, was girded vnto him, and vpon it a girdle with a sword fastned vpon his loynes in the sheath thereof, and as hee went forth, it fell out.

9 And Ioab saide to Amasa, Art thou in health, my brother? And Ioab tooke Amasa by the beard with the right hand to kisse him.

10 But Amasa tooke no heed to the sword that was in Ioabs hand: so hee smote him therewith in the fifth rib, and shed out his bowels to the ground, and strake him not againe, and he died: so Ioab and Abishai his brother pursued after Sheba the sonne of Bichri.

11 And one of Ioabs men stood by him, and said, He that fauoureth Ioab, and hee that is for Dauid, let him goe after Ioab.

12 And Amasa wallowed in blood in the mids of the high way: and when the man saw that all the people stood still, he remoued Amasa out of the high way into the field, and cast a cloth vpon him, when hee saw that euery one that came by him, stood still.

13 When he was remoued out of the high way, all the people went on after Ioab, to pursue after Sheba the sonne of Bichri.

14 ¶ And hee went thorow all the tribes of Israel vnto Abel, and to Bethmaachah, and all the Berites: and they were gathered together, and went also after him.

15 And they came and besieged him in Abel of Bethmaachah, and they cast vp a banke against the citie, and it stood in the trench: and all the people that were with Ioab, battered the wall, to throw it downe.

16 ¶ Then cried a wise woman out of the citie, Heare, heare; say, I pray you, vnto Ioab, Come neere hither, that I may speake with thee.

17 And when he was come neere vnto her, the woman said, Art thou Ioab? And he answered, I am he: Then shee said vnto him, Heare the words of thine handmaid. And he answered, I doe heare.

18 Then she spake, saying, They were wont to speake in old time, saying, They shall surely aske counsell at Abel: and so they ended the matter.

19 I am one of them that are peaceable and faithfull in Israel: thou seekest to destroy a citie, and a mother in Israel: Why wilt thou swallow vp the inheritance of the Lord ?

20 And Ioab answered and saide, Farre be it, farre be it from me, that I should swallow vp or destroy.

21 The matter is not so: but a man of mount Ephraim (Sheba the sonne of Bichri by name) hath lift vp his hand against the king, euen against Dauid: deliuer him onely, and I will depart from the city. And the woman said vnto Ioab, Behold, his head shall be throwen to thee ouer the wall.

22 Then the woman went vnto all the people in her wisedome, and they cut off the head of Sheba the sonne of Bichri, and cast it out to Ioab: and hee blew a trumpet, and they retired from the citie, euery man to his tent: & Ioab returned to Ierusalem vnto the king.

23 ¶ Now Ioab was ouer all the hoste of Israel, and Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada was ouer the Cherethites, and ouer the Pelethites.

24 And Adoram was ouer the tribute, and Iehoshaphat the sonne of Ahilud was Recorder.

25 And Sheua was scribe, and Zadok, and Abiathar were the Priests.

26 And Ira also the Iairite, was a chiefe ruler about Dauid.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:58 am
2 Samuel
Chapter 21

1 Then there was a famine in the dayes of Dauid three yeeres, yeere after yeere, and Dauid enquired of the Lord. And the Lord answered, It is for Saul, and for his bloodie house, because he slew the Gibeonites.

2 And the king called the Gibeonites, and said vnto them, (now the Gibeonites were not of the children of Israel, but of the remnant of the Amorites, and the children of Israel had sworne vnto them: and Saul sought to slay them, in his zeale to the children of Israel and Iudah)

3 Wherefore Dauid said vnto the Gibeonites, What shall I doe for you? and wherwith shall I make the atonement, that ye may blesse the inheritance of the Lord ?

4 And the Gibeonites saide vnto him, We will haue no siluer nor golde of Saul, nor of his house, neither for vs shalt thou kill any man in Israel. And he said, What you shall say, that will I doe for you.

5 And they answered the king, The man that consumed vs, and that deuised against vs, that we should be destroied from remaining in any of the coasts of Israel,

6 Let seuen men of his sonnes bee deliuered vnto vs, and wee will hang them vp vnto the Lord in Gibeah of Saul, whome the Lord did chuse. And the king said, I will giue them.

7 But the king spared Mephibosheth the sonne of Ionathan the sonne of Saul, because of the Lords othe that was between them, betweene Dauid, and Ionathan the sonne of Saul.

8 But the king tooke the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare vnto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth, and the fiue sonnes of Michal the daughter of Saul, whome she brought vp for Adriel the sonne of Barzillai the Meholathite.

9 And hee deliuered them into the hands of the Gibeonites, and they hanged them in the hill before the Lord: and they fell all seuen together, and were put to death in the dayes of haruest, in the first dayes, in the beginning of barley haruest.

10 ¶ And Rizpah the daughter of Aiah tooke sackecloth, and spread it for her vpon the rocke, from the beginning of haruest, vntill water dropped vpon them out of heauen, and suffered neither the birds of the aire to rest on them by day, nor the beastes of the fielde by night.

11 And it was tolde Dauid what Rizpah the daughter of Aiah the concubine of Saul had done.

12 ¶ And Dauid went and tooke the bones of Saul, and the bones of Ionathan his sonne from the men of Iabesh Gilead, which had stollen them from the street of Bethshan where the Philistines had hanged them, when the Philistines had slaine Saul in Gilboa.

13 And hee brought vp from thence the bones of Saul, and the bones of Ionathan his sonne, and they gathered the bones of them that were hanged.

14 And the bones of Saul and Ionathan his sonne buried they in the countrey of Beniamin in Zelah, in the sepulchre of Kish his father: and they perfourmed all that the king commanded: and after that, God was entreated for the land.

15 ¶ Moreouer, the Philistines had yet warre againe with Israel, and Dauid went down, and his seruants with him, and fought against the Philistines, and Dauid waxed faint.

16 And Ishbi-benob which was of the sonnes of the gyant, (the weight of whose speare weighed three hundred shekels of brasse in weight) he being girded with a new sword, thought to haue slaine Dauid.

17 But Abishai the sonne of Zeruiah succoured him, and smote the Philistine, and killed him. Then the men of Dauid sware vnto him, saying, Thou shalt goe no more out with vs to battell, that thou quench not the light of Israel.

18 And it came to passe after this, that there was againe a battell with the Philistines at Gob: then Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Saph, which was of the sonnes of the Gyant.

19 And there was againe a battell in Gob, with the Philistines, where Elhanan the sonne of Iaare-Oregim a Bethlehemite, slewe the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staffe of whose speare was like a weauers beame.

20 And there was yet a battell in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on euery hand sixe fingers, and on euery foote sixe toes, foure and twenty in number, and he also was borne to the Gyant.

21 And when he defied Israel, Ionathan the sonne of Shimea the brother of Dauid, slew him.

22 These foure were borne to the Gyant in Gath, and fell by the hand of Dauid, and by the hand of his seruants.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:16 am
2 Samuel
Chapter 22

1 And Dauid spake vnto the Lord the wordes of this song, in the day that the Lord had deliuered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul.

2 And he said, The Lord is my rocke and my fortresse, and my deliuerer:

3 The God of my rocke, in him will I trust: hee is my shield, and the horne of my saluation, my high tower, and my refuge, my Sauiour; thou sauest me from violence.

4 I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saued from mine enemies.

5 When the waues of death compassed me: the floods of vngodly men made me afraid.

6 The sorowes of Hell compassed me about: the snares of death preuented me.

7 In my distresse I called vpon the Lord, and cryed to my God, and hee did heare my voice out of his Temple, and my crie did enter into his eares.

8 Then the earth shooke and trembled: the foundations of heauen mooued and shooke, because hee was wroth.

9 There went vp a smoake out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth deuoured: coales were kindled by it.

10 Hee bowed the heauens also and came downe: and darkenesse was vnder his feete.

11 And he rode vpon a Cherub, and did flie: and hee was seene vpon the wings of the winde.

12 And hee made darkenesse pauilions round about him, darke waters, and thicke clouds of the skies.

13 Through the brightnesse before him, were coales of fire kindled.

14 The Lord thundred from heauen: and the most high vttered his voice.

15 And he sent out arrowes, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them.

16 And the channels of the Sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discouered, at the rebuking of the Lord, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.

17 He sent from aboue, he tooke me: he drew me out of many waters.

18 He deliuered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated mee: for they were too strong for me.

19 They preuented me in the day of my calamitie: but the Lord was my stay.

20 Hee brought me forth also into a large place: he deliuered me, because hee delighted in me.

21 The Lord rewarded mee according to my righteousnesse: according to the cleannesse of my hands, hath hee recompensed me.

22 For I haue kept the wayes of the Lord, and haue not wickedly departed from my God.

23 For all his iudgements were before me: and as for his Statutes, I did not depart from them.

24 I was also vpright before him: and haue kept my selfe from mine iniquitie.

25 Therefore the Lord hath recompensed me, according to my righteousnesse: according to my cleannesse in his eye sight.

26 With the merciful thou wilt shew thy selfe mercifull, and with the vpright man thou wilt shew thy selfe vpright.

27 With the pure thou wilt shew thy selfe pure: and with the froward, thou wilt shew thy selfe vnsauoury.

28 And the afflicted people thou wilt saue: but thine eyes are vpon the hautie, that thou mayest bring them downe.

29 For thou art my lampe, O Lord: and the Lord wil lighten my darkenesse.

30 For by thee I haue run through a troupe: by my God haue I leaped ouer a wall.

31 As for God, his way is perfect, the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

32 For who is God, saue the Lord ? and who is a rocke, saue our God?

33 God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.

34 Hee maketh my feet like hindes feet: and setteth mee vpon my high places.

35 He teacheth my hands to warre: so that a bow of steele is broken by mine armes.

36 Thou hast also giuen mee the shield of thy saluation: and thy gentlenesse hath made me great.

37 Thou hast enlarged my steps vnder me: so that my feet did not slip.

38 I haue pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them: and turned not againe vntill I had consumed them.

39 And I haue consumed them and wounded them, that they could not arise: yea, they are fallen vnder my feet.

40 For thou hast girded mee with strength to battel: them that rose vp against me, hast thou subdued vnder me.

41 Thou hast also giuen mee the necks of mine enemies, that I might destroy them that hate me.

42 They looked, but there was none to saue: euen vnto the Lord, but he answered them not.

43 Then did I beat them as small as the dust of the earth: I did stampe them as the myre of the street, and did spread them abroad.

44 Thou also hast deliuered mee from the striuings of my people, thou hast kept mee to be head of the heathen: a people which I knew not, shall serue me.

45 Strangers shall submit themselues vnto me: as soone as they heare, they shall be obedient vnto me.

46 Strangers shall fade away: and they shall bee afraid out of their close places.

47 The Lord liueth, and blessed be my rocke: and exalted be the God of the rocke of my saluation.

48 It is God that auengeth mee, and that bringeth downe the people vnder me:

49 And that bringeth me forth from mine enemies: thou also hast lifted mee vp on high aboue them that rose vp against me: thou hast deliuered me from the violent man.

50 Therefore I will giue thankes vnto thee, O Lord, among the heathen: and I will sing praises vnto thy Name.

51 He is the towre of saluation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his Anointed, vnto Dauid, and to his seede for euermore.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:45 am
2 Samuel
Chapter 23

1 Nowe these bee the last words of Dauid: Dauid the sonne of Iesse saide, and the man who was raised vp on high, the Anointed of the God of Iacob, and the sweet Psalmist of Israel, said,

2 The spirit of the Lord spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

3 The God of Israel said, the Rocke of Israel spake to me: he that ruleth ouer men must be iust, ruling in the feare of God:

4 And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the Sunne riseth, euen a morning, without cloudes; as the tender grasse springing out of the earth by cleare shining after raine:

5 Although my house be not so with God: yet he hath made with mee an euerlasting couenant, ordred in al things and sure: for this is all my saluation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

6 ¶ But the sonnes of Belial shall bee all of them as thornes thrust away, because they cannot be taken with hands,

7 But the man that shal touch them, must be fenced with yron, and the staffe of a speare, and they shall bee vtterly burnt with fire in the same place.

8 ¶ These be the names of the mightie men whome Dauid had: The Tachmonite that sate in the seat, chiefe among the captaines, (the same was Adino the Eznite smile hee lift vp his speare against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.

9 And after him was Eleazar the sonne of Dodo the Ahohite, one of the three mightie men with Dauid, when they defied the Philistines that were there gathered together to battell, and the men of Israel were gone away.

10 He arose, and smote the Philistines vntill his hand was wearie, and his hand claue vnto the sword: and the Lord wrought a great victorie that day, and the people returned after him onely to spoile.

11 And after him was Shammah the sonne of Agee the Hararite: and the Philistines were gathered together into a troupe, where was a piece of ground full of lentiles: and the people fled from the Philistines.

12 But hee stood in the midst of the ground, and defended it, and slewe the Philistines: and the Lord wrought a great victorie.

13 And three of the thirtie chiefe went downe and came to Dauid in the haruest time, vnto the caue of Adullam: and the troupe of the Philistines pitched in the valley of Rephaim.

14 And Dauid was then in an holde, and the garison of the Philistines was then in Bethlehem.

15 And Dauid longed, and said, Oh that one would giue mee drinke of the water of the well of Bethlehem which is by the gate.

16 And the three mightie men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the Well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and tooke it, and brought it to Dauid: neuerthelesse he would not drinke thereof, but powred it out vnto the Lord.

17 And he said, Be it farre from me, O Lord, that I should doe this: is not this the blood of the men that went in ieopardie of their liues? therefore he would not drinke it. These things did these three mightie men.

18 And Abishai the brother of Ioab, the sonne of Zeruiah, was chiefe among three, and he lift vp his speare against three hundred, and slew them, and had the name among three.

19 Was hee not most honourable of three? therefore he was their captaine: howbeit, hee attained not vnto the first three.

20 And Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada the sonne of a valiant man, of Kabzeel, who had done many actes, he slew two lion-like men of Moab: hee went downe also, and slewe a Lyon in the middest of a pit in time of snow.

21 And he slew an Egyptian a goodly man: and the Egyptian had a speare in his hand; but he went downe to him with a staffe, and plucked the speare out of the Egyptians hand, and slewe him with his owne speare.

22 These things did Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada, and had the name among three mightie men.

23 Hee was more honourable then the thirtie, but hee attained not to the first three: and Dauid set him ouer his guard.

24 Asahel the brother of Ioab was one of the thirtie: Elhanan the sonne of Dodo of Bethlehem,

25 Shammah the Harodite, Elika the Harodite,

26 Helez the Paltite, Ira the sonne of Ikkesh the Tekoite,

27 Abiezer the Anethothite, Mebunnai the Hushathite,

28 Zalmon the Ahohite, Maharai the Netophathite,

29 Heleb the sonne of Baanah, a Netophathite, Ittai the sonne of Ribai out of Gibeah of the children of Beniamin.

30 Benaiah the Pirathonite, Hiddai of the brookes of Gaash,

31 Abialbon the Arbathite, Azmaueth the Barhumite,

32 Elihaba the Shaalbonite: of the sonnes of Iashen, Ionathan,

33 Shammah the Hararite, Ahiam the sonne of Sharar the Hararite,

34 Eliphelet the sonne of Ahasbai, the sonne of the Maachathite, Eliam the sonne of Ahithophel the Gilonite,

35 Hezrai the Carmelite, Paarai the Arbite,

36 Igal the sonne of Nathan of Zobah, Bani the Gadite,

37 Zelek the Ammonite, Naharai the Berothite, armour-bearer to Ioab the sonne of Zeruiah,

38 Ira an Ithrite, Gareb an Ithrite,

39 Uriah the Hittite: thirtie and seuen in all.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:28 am
2 Samuel
Chapter 24

1 And againe the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and hee mooued Dauid against them, to say, Goe, number Israel and Iudah.

2 For the king said to Ioab the captaine of the hoste, which was with him, Goe now through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan euen to Beer-sheba, and number ye the people, that I may know the number of the people.

3 And Ioab sayde vnto the King, Now the Lord thy God adde vnto the people (how many soeuer they be) an hundred folde, and that the eyes of my lorde the king may see it: but why doeth my lord the king delight in this thing?

4 Notwithstanding, the kings word preuailed against Ioab, and against the captaines of the hoste: and Ioab and the captaines of the host went out from the presence of the king, to number the people of Israel.

5 ¶ And they passed ouer Iordane, and pitched in Aroer, on the right side of the citie that lieth in the midst of the riuer of Gad, and toward Iazer.

6 Then they came to Gilead, and to the land of Tahtim-Hodshi; and they came to Dan-Iaan, and about to Zidon,

7 And came to the strong holde of Tyre, and to all the cities of the Hiuites, and of the Canaanites: and they went out to the South of Iudah, euen to Beer-sheba.

8 So when they had gone through all the land, they came to Ierusalem at the ende of nine moneths, and twentie dayes.

9 And Ioab gaue vp the summe of the number of the people vnto the king, and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drewe the sword: and the men of Iudah were fiue hundred thousand men.

10 ¶ And Dauids heart smote him, after that hee had numbred the people: and Dauid sayde vnto the Lord, I haue sinned greatly in that I haue done: and nowe I beseech thee, O Lord, take away the iniquitie of thy seruant, for I haue done very foolishly.

11 For when Dauid was vp in the morning, the word of the Lord came vnto the Prophet Gad Dauids Seer, saying,

12 Goe and say vnto Dauid, Thus saith the Lord, I offer thee three things; chuse thee one of them, that I may doe it vnto thee.

13 So Gad came to Dauid, and told him, and said vnto him, Shall seuen yeeres of famine come vnto thee in thy land? or wilt thou flee three moneths before thine enemies, while they pursue thee? or that there be three dayes pestilence in thy land? Now aduise, and see what answere I shall returne to him that sent me.

14 And Dauid saide vnto Gad, I am in a great strait: let vs fall now into the hand of the Lord (for his mercies are great,) and let me not fall into the hand of man.

15 ¶ So the Lord sent a pestilence vpon Israel, from the morning, euen to the time appointed: and there died of the people from Dan euen to Beersheba, seuentie thousand men.

16 And when the Angel stretched out his hand vpon Ierusalem to destroy it, the Lord repented him of the euill, and said to the Angel that destroyed the people, It is ynough: stay now thine hand. And the Angel of the Lord was by the threshing place of Araunah the Iebusite.

17 And Dauid spake vnto the Lord when he saw the Angel that smote the people, and said, Loe, I haue sinned, and I haue done wickedly: but these sheepe, what haue they done? Let thine hand, I pray thee, be against mee, and against my fathers house.

18 ¶ And Gad came that day to Dauid, and said vnto him, Goe vp, reare an Altar vnto the Lord, in the threshing floore of Araunah the Iebusite.

19 And Dauid, according to the saying of Gad, went vp, as the Lord commanded.

20 And Araunah looked, and saw the King and his seruants comming on toward him: and Araunah went out, and bowed himselfe before the King on his face vpon the ground.

21 And Araunah said, Wherefore is my lord the King come to his seruant? and Dauid saide, To buy the threshing floore of thee, to build an Altar vnto the Lord, that the plague may be stayed from the people.

22 And Araunah said vnto Dauid, Let my lord the King take and offer vp what seemeth good vnto him: Beholde, here be oxen for burnt sacrifice, and threshing instruments, and other instruments of the oxen for wood.

23 All these things did Araunah, as a king, giue vnto the King: and Araunah saide vnto the King, The Lord thy God accept thee.

24 And the King said vnto Araunah, Nay, but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings vnto the Lord my God, of that which doeth cost mee nothing. So Dauid bought the threshing floore, and the oxen, for fiftie shekels of siluer.

25 Aud Dauid built there an Altar vnto the Lord, and offered burnt offerings, and peace offerings: so the Lord was intreated for the land, and the plague was stayed from Israel.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:51 am
1 Kings
Chapter 1

1 Now King Dauid was olde, and striken in yeeres, and they couered him with clothes, but hee gate no heate.

2 Wherefore his seruants said vnto him, Let there be sought for my lord the king a yong virgin, and let her stand before the King, and let her cherish him, and let her lie in thy bosome, that my lord the King may get heate.

3 So they sought for a faire damosel throughout all the coasts of Israel, and found Abishag a Shunammite, and brought her to the King.

4 And the damosell was very faire, and cherished the king, and ministred to him: but the king knew her not.

5 ¶ Then Adoniiah the sonne of Haggith exalted himselfe, saying, I wil be king: And he prepared him charets and horesemen, and fiftie men to runne before him.

6 And his father had not displeased him at any time, in saying, Why hast thou done so? And hee also was a very goodly man, and his mother bare him after Absalom.

7 And hee conferred with Ioab the sonne of Zeruiah, and with Abiathar the Priest: and they following Adoniiah, helped him.

8 But Zadok the Priest, and Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada, and Nathan the Prophet, and Shimei, and Rei, and the mightie men which belonged to Dauid, were not with Adoniiah.

9 And Adoniiah slew sheepe, and oxen, and fat cattell, by the stone of Zoheleth, which is by En-Rogel, and called all his brethren the kings sonnes, and all the men of Iudah the kings seruants.

10 But Nathan the Prophet, and Benaiah, and the mightie men, and Solomon his brother he called not.

11 ¶ Wherefore Nathan spake vnto Bath-sheba the mother of Solomon, saying, Hast thou not heard that Adoniiah the son of Haggith doth reigne, and Dauid our lord knoweth it not?

12 Now therefore come, let mee, I pray thee, giue thee counsell, that thou mayest saue thine owne life, and the life of thy sonne Solomon.

13 Goe, and get thee in vnto King Dauid, and say vnto him, Diddest not thou, my lord, O king, sweare vnto thine handmaid, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy sonne shall reigne after mee, and he shall sit vpon my throne? why then doth Adoniiah reigne?

14 Beholde, while thou yet talkest there with the king, I also will come in after thee, and confirme thy words.

15 ¶ And Bath-sheba went in vnto the King into the chamber: and the king was very olde, and Abishag the Shunammite ministred vnto the king.

16 And Bathsheba bowed, and did obeysance vnto the king: and the king said, What wouldest thou?

17 And she said vnto him, My lord, thou swarest by the Lord thy God vnto thine handmaid, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy sonne shall reigne after me, and he shall sit vpon my throne:

18 And now behold, Adoniiah reigneth; and now my lord the king, thou knowest it not.

19 And he hath slaine oxen, and fat cattell, and sheepe in abundance, and hath called all the sonnes of the king, and Abiathar the Priest, and Ioab the captaine of the hoste: but Solomon thy seruant hath he not called.

20 And thou, my lord O king, the eyes of all Israel are vpon thee, that thou shouldest tell them who shall sit on the throne of my lord the king after him.

21 Otherwise it shall come to passe, when my lord the king shal sleepe with his fathers, that I and my sonne Solomon shall be counted offenders.

22 ¶ And loe, while shee yet talked with the king, Nathan the Prophet also came in.

23 And they tolde the king, saying, Beholde Nathan the Prophet. And when hee was come in before the king, he bowed himselfe before the king with his face to the ground.

24 And Nathan said, My lord O king, hast thou said, Adoniiah shall reigne after mee, and hee shall sit vpon my throne?

25 For hee is gone downe this day, and hath slaine oxen, and fat cattel, and sheepe in abundance, and hath called all the kings sonnes, and the captaines of the host, and Abiathar the Priest: and behold, they eate and drinke before him, and say, God saue king Adoniiah.

26 But me, euen me thy seruant, and Zadok the Priest, and Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada, and thy seruant Solomon hath he not called.

27 Is this thing done by my lord the king, and thou hast not shewed it vnto thy seruant, who should sit on the throne of my lord the king, after him?

28 ¶ Then king Dauid answered, and said, Call me Bathsheba. And she came into the kings presence, and stood before the king.

29 And the king sware, and said, As the Lord liueth, that hath redeemed my soule out of all distresse,

30 Euen as I sware vnto thee by the Lord God of Israel, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy sonne shall reigne after me, and he shal sit vpon my throne in my stead; euen so wil I certainly doe this day.

31 Then Bathsheba bowed with her face to the earth, and did reuerence to the king, and said, Let my lord king Dauid liue for euer.

32 ¶ And king Dauid said, Call me Zadok the Priest, and Nathan the Prophet, and Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada. And they came before the king.

33 The king also saide vnto them, Take with you the seruants of your lord, and cause Solomon my sonne to ride vpon mine owne mule, and bring him downe to Gihon.

34 And let Zadok the Priest, and Nathan the Prophet, anoint him there King ouer Israel: and blow ye with the trumpet, and say, God saue King Solomon.

35 Then ye shall come vp after him, that hee may come and sit vpon my throne; for he shall be king in my stead: and I haue appointed him to be ruler ouer Israel, and ouer Iudah.

36 And Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada answered the King, and said, Amen: The Lord God of my lord the king say so too.

37 As the Lord hath bene with my lord the King, euen so be he with Solomon, and make his throne greater then the throne of my lord King Dauid.

38 So Zadok the Priest, and Nathan the Prophet, and Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada, and the Cherethites, and the Pelethites went downe, and caused Solomon to ride vpon King Dauids mule, and brought him to Gihon.

39 And Zadok the Priest tooke an horne of oile out of the Tabernacle, and anointed Solomon: and they blew the trumpet, and all the people said, God saue King Solomon.

40 And all the people came vp after him, and the people piped with pipes, and reioyced with great ioy, so that the earth rent with the sound of them.

41 ¶ And Adoniiah and all the ghests that were with him, heard it as they had made an end of eating: and when Ioab heard the sound of the trumpet, hee said, Wherefore is this noise of the citie, being in an vproare?

42 And while hee yet spake, behold, Ionathan the sonne of Abiathar the Priest came, and Adoniiah sayde vnto him, Come in, for thou art a valiant man, and bringest good tidings.

43 And Ionathan answered, and said to Adoniiah, Uerily our lorde king Dauid hath made Solomon king.

44 And the king hath sent with him Zadok the Priest, and Nathan the Prophet, and Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada, and the Cherethites, and the Pelethites, and they haue caused him to ride vpon the kings mule.

45 And Zadok the Priest, and Nathan the Prophet haue anointed him king in Gihon: and they are come vp from thence reioycing, so that the citie rang againe: this is the noyse that yee haue heard.

46 And also Solomon sitteth on the throne of the kingdome.

47 And moreouer, the kings seruants came to blesse our lorde king Dauid, saying, God make the name of Solomon better then thy name, and make his throne greater then thy throne. And the king bowed himselfe vpon the bed.

48 And also thus sayde the King, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, which hath giuen one to sit on my throne this day, mine eyes euen seeing it.

49 And all the guests that were with Adoniiah, were afraid, and rose vp, and went euery man his way.

50 ¶ And Adoniiah feared because of Solomon, and arose, and went, and caught hold on the hornes of the Altar.

51 And it was tolde Solomon, saying, Behold, Adoniiah feareth King Solomon: for loe, he hath caught hold on the hornes of the Altar, saying, Let King Solomon sweare vnto mee to day, that hee will not slay his seruant with the sword.

52 And Solomon sayd, If hee will shewe himselfe a worthy man, there shall not an haire of him fall to the earth: but if wickednesse shall be found in him, he shall die.

53 So king Solomon sent, and they brought him downe from the Altar, and hee came and bowed himselfe to king Solomou: and Solomon sayde vnto him, Goe to thine house.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:27 am
1 Kings
Chapter 2

1 Now the dayes of Dauid drew nigh, that he should die, and he charged Solomon his sonne, saying;

2 I goe the way of all the earth: be thou strong therefore, and shew thy selfe a man.

3 And keepe the charge of the Lord thy God, to walke in his wayes, to keepe his Statutes, and his Commandements, & his Iudgements, and his Testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoeuer thou turnest thy selfe:

4 That the Lord may continue his word which hee spake concerning me, saying, If thy children take heede to their way, to walke before mee in trueth, with all their heart, and with all their soule, there shall not faile thee (sayd hee) a man on the throne of Israel.

5 Moreouer thou knowest also what Ioab the sonne of Zeruiah did to mee, and what he did to the two captaines of the hostes of Israel, vnto Abner the sonne of Ner, and vnto Amasa the sonne of Iether, whom hee slewe, and shed the blood of warre in peace, and put the blood of warre vpon his girdle that was about his loynes, and in his shooes that were on his feet.

6 Doe therefore according to thy wisedome, and let not his hoare head goe downe to the graue in peace.

7 But shewe kindnesse vnto the sonnes of Barzillai the Gileadite, and let them be of those that eate at thy table: for so they came to me when I fled because of Absalom thy brother.

8 And behold, thou hast with thee Shimei the sonne of Gera, a Beniamite of Bahurim, which cursed mee with a grieuous curse, in the day when I went to Mahanaim: but hee came downe to meete me at Iordane, and I sware to him by the Lord, saying, I will not put thee to death with the sword.

9 Nowe therefore holde him not guiltlesse: for thou art a wise man, and knowest what thou oughtest to doe vnto him, but his hoare head bring thou downe to the graue with blood.

10 So Dauid slept with his fathers, and was buried in the citie of Dauid.

11 And the dayes that Dauid raigned ouer Israel, were fourty yeeres: seuen yeeres raigned hee in Hebron, and thirty and three yeeres raigned hee in Ierusalem.

12 ¶ Then sate Solomon vpon the throne of Dauid his father, and his kingdome was established greatly.

13 ¶ And Adoniiah the sonne of Haggith came to Bathsheba the mother of Solomon, and she said, Commest thou peaceably? And he said, Peaceably.

14 He said moreouer, I haue somewhat to say vnto thee. And she saide, Say on.

15 And he said, Thou knowest that the kingdome was mine, and that all Israel set their faces on me, that I should raigne: howbeit the kingdome is turned about, and is become my brothers: for it was his from the Lord.

16 And now I aske one petition of thee, deny me not. And she saide vnto him, Say on.

17 And hee saide, Speake, I pray thee, vnto Solomon the king (for hee will not say thee nay) that he giue me Abishag the Shunammite to wife.

18 And Bathsheba said, Wel, I will speake for thee vnto the king.

19 ¶ Bathsheba therefore went vnto king Solomon, to speake vnto him for Adoniiah: and the king rose vp to meete her, and bowed himselfe vnto her, and sate downe on his throne, and caused a seate to bee set for the Kings mother, and she sate on his right hand.

20 Then she said, I desire one small petition of thee, I pray thee say me not nay: and the King said vnto her, Aske on, my mother, for I will not say thee nay.

21 And she saide, Let Abishag the Shunammite be giuen to Adoniiah thy brother to wife.

22 And king Solomon answered, and said vnto his mother, And why doest thou aske Abishag the Shunammite for Adoniiah? Aske for him the kingdome also (for he is mine elder brother) euen for him, and for Abiathar the Priest, & for Ioab the sonne of Zeruiah.

23 Then king Solomon sware by the Lord, saying, God doe so to me, and more also, if Adoniiah haue not spoken this word against his owne life.

24 Now therefore as the Lord liueth, which hath established mee, and set mee on the throne of Dauid my father, and who hath made me an house as he promised, Adoniiah shall be put to death this day.

25 And king Solomon sent by the hand of Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada, and he fell vpon him that he died.

26 ¶ And vnto Abiathar the Priest saide the King, Get thee to Anathoth, vnto thine own fields, for thou art worthy of death: but I will not at this time put thee to death, because thou barest the arke of the Lord God before Dauid my father, and because thou hast bene afflicted in all wherein my father was afflicted.

27 So Solomon thrust out Abiathar from beeing Priest vnto the Lord: that hee might fulfill the word of the Lord, which hee spake concerning the house of Eli in Shiloh.

28 ¶ Then tidings came to Ioab (for Ioab had turned after Adoniiah, though hee turned not after Absalom) and Ioab fled vnto the Tabernacle of the Lord, and caught hold on the hornes of the Altar.

29 And it was told king Solomon that Ioab was fled vnto the Tabernacle of the Lord, and behold, hee is by the Altar: Then Solomon sent Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada, saying, Goe fall vpon him.

30 And Benaiah came to the Tabernacle of the Lord, and said vnto him, Thus saith the king, Come foorth. And he said, Nay, but I will die heere. And Benaiah brought the king word againe, saying, Thus said Ioab, and thus he answered me.

31 And the king saide vnto him, Doe as he hath said, and fall vpon him, and bury him, that thou mayest take away the innocent blood which Ioab shed, from mee, and from the house of my father.

32 And the Lord shall returne his blood vpon his owne head, who fell vpon two men, more righteous and better then hee, and slew them with the sword, my father Dauid not knowing thereof, to wit, Abner the sonne of Ner, captaine of the hoste of Israel, and Amasa the sonne of Iether, captaine of the hoste of Iudah.

33 Their blood shall therefore returne vpon the head of Ioab, and vpon the head of his seed for euer: but vpon Dauid, and vpon his seede, and vpon his house, and vpon his throne, shall there bee peace for euer from the Lord.

34 So Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada went vp, and fell vpon him, and slewe him, and hee was buried in his owne house in the wildernesse.

35 ¶ And the king put Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada in his roome ouer the hoste, and Zadok the Priest did the king put in the roume of Abiathar.

36 ¶ And the king sent, and called for Shimei, and said vnto him, Build thee an house in Ierusalem, and dwell there, and goe not forth thence any whither.

37 For it shall be, that on the day thou goest out, & passest ouer the brooke Kidron, thou shalt know for certaine, that thou shalt surely die: thy blood shal be vpon thine owne head.

38 And Shimei said vnto the King, The saying is good: as my lord the king hath said, so will thy seruant doe. And Shimei dwelt in Ierusalem many dayes.

39 And it came to passe at the end of three yeeres, that two of the seruants of Shimei ranne away vnto Achish sonne of Maachah king of Gath: and they told Shimei, saying, Beholde, thy seruants be in Gath.

40 And Shimei arose, and sadled his asse, and went to Gath to Achish, to seeke his seruants: and Shimei went and brought his seruants from Gath.

41 And it was told Solomon, that Shimei had gone from Ierusalem to Gath, and was come againe.

42 And the king sent and called for Shimei, and said vnto him, Did I not make thee to sweare by the Lord, and protested vnto thee, saying, Know for a certaine, that on the day thou goest out, and walkest abroad any whither, that thou shalt surely die? And thou saidest vnto me, The word that I haue heard, is good.

43 Why then hast thou not kept the Oath of the Lord, and the commandement that I haue charged thee with?

44 The king said moreuer to Shimei, Thou knowest all the wickednesse which thine heart is priuie to, that thou diddest to Dauid my father: therefore the Lord shall returne thy wickednesse vpon thine owne head.

45 And king Solomon shall be blessed, and the throne of Dauid shall bee established before the Lord for euer.

46 So the king commaunded Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada, which went out, and fell vpon him, that he died, and the kingdome was established in the hand of Solomon.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:20 am
1 Kings
Chapter 3

1 And Solomon made affinitie with Pharaoh king of Egypt, and tooke Pharaohs daughter, and brought her into the citie of Dauid, vntill he had made an end of building his owne house, and the house of the Lord, and the wall of Ierusalem round about.

2 Only the people sacrificed in high places, because there was no house built vnto the Name of the Lord vntill those dayes.

3 And Solomon loued the Lord, walking in the statutes of Dauid his father: onely he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.

4 And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that was the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer vp on that Altar.

5 ¶ In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dreame by night: and God sayd, Aske what I shall giue thee.

6 And Solomon said, Thou hast shewed vnto thy seruant Dauid my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in trueth, and in righteousnesse, and in vprightnesse of heart with thee, and thou hast kept for him this great kindnesse, that thou hast giuen him a sonne to sit on his throne, as it is this day.

7 And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy seruant King in stead of Dauid my father: and I am but a litle childe: I know not how to goe out or come in.

8 And thy seruant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbred, nor counted for multitude.

9 Giue therefore thy seruant an understanding heart, to iudge thy people, that I may discerne betweene good and bad: for who is able to iudge this thy so great a people?

10 And the speach pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.

11 And God said vnto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thy selfe long life, neither hast asked riches for thy selfe, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies, but hast asked for thy selfe vnderstanding to discerne iudgement;

12 Behold, I haue done according to thy word: loe, I haue giuen thee a wise and an vnderstanding heart, so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like vnto thee.

13 And I haue also giuen thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the Kings like vnto thee, all thy dayes.

14 And if thou wilt walke in my wayes, to keepe my Statutes and my Commandements, as thy father Dauid did walke, then I will lengthen thy dayes.

15 And Solomon awoke, and behold, it was a dreame: and he came to Ierusalem, and stood before the Arke of the Couenant of the Lord, and offered vp burnt offerings, and offered peace offerings, and made a feast to all his seruants.

16 ¶ Then came there two women that were harlots, vnto the king, and stood before him.

17 And the one woman said, O my lord, I and this woman dwell in one house, and I was deliuered of a childe, with her in the house.

18 And it came to passe the third day after that I was deliuered, that this woman was deliuered also: and wee were together; there was no stranger with vs in the house, saue we two in the house.

19 And this womans childe died in the night: because she ouerlaid it.

20 And shee arose at midnight, and tooke my sonne from beside me, while thine handmaid slept, and layd it in her bosome, and layd her dead childe in my bosome.

21 And when I rose in the morning to giue my childe sucke, behold, it was dead: but when I had considered it in the morning, beholde, it was not my sonne, which I did beare.

22 And the other woman said, Nay, but the liuing is my sonne, and the dead is thy sonne: And this said, No, but the dead is thy sonne, and the liuing is my sonne. Thus they spake before the king.

23 Then said the King, The one saith, This is my sonne, that liueth, and thy sonne is the dead: and the other saith Nay: but thy sonne is the dead, and my sonne is the liuing.

24 And the King said, Bring mee a sword. And they brought a sword before the king:

25 And the king said, Diuide the liuing childe in two, and giue halfe to the one, and halfe to the other.

26 Then spake the woman whose the liuing childe was, vnto the king, (for her bowels yerned vpon her sonne) and she said, O my lord, giue her the liuing childe, and in no wise slay it: But the other said, Let it be neither mine nor thine, but diuide it.

27 Then the King answered and said, Giue her the liuing child, and in no wise slay it: she is the mother thereof.

28 And all Israel heard of the Iudgement which the king had iudged, and they feared the King: for they saw that the wisedome of God was in him, to doe Iudgement.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:40 am
1 Kings
Chapter 4

1 So King Solomon was king ouer all Israel.

2 And these were the Princes which he had, Azariah the sonne of Zadok, the Priest,

3 Elihoreph, and Ahiah the sonnes of Shisha, Scribes: Iehoshaphat the sonne of Ahilud the Recorder;

4 And Benaiah the sonne of Iehoiada was ouer the host: And Zadok and Abiathar were the Priests:

5 And Azariah the sonne of Nathan was ouer the officers: and Zabud the sonne of Nathan was principall officer, and the kings friend.

6 And Ahishar was ouer the houshold: and Adoniram the sonne of Abda was ouer the tribute.

7 ¶ And Solomon had twelue officers ouer all Israel, which prouided victuals for the king and his houshold: each man his moneth in a yeere made prouision.

8 And these are their names: the sonne of Hur in mount Ephraim,

9 The sonne of Dekar in Makaz, and in Shaalbim, and Bethshemesh, and Elon-Bethhanan.

10 The sonne of Heseb in Aruboth, to him pertained Sochoh, and all the land of Hepher;

11 The sonne of Abinadab in all the region of Dor, which had Taphath the daughter of Solomon to wife:

12 Baana the sonne of Ahilud, to him pertained Taanach and Megiddo, and all Beth-shean, which is by Zartanah beneath Iezreel, from Beth-shean to Abel-Meholah, euen vnto the place that is beyond Iokneam:

13 The sonne of Geber in Ramoth Gilead, to him pertained the townes of Iair the sonne of Manasseh, which are in Gilead: to him also pertained the region of Argob, which is in Bashan, threescore great cities, with walles, and brasen barres.

14 Ahinadab the sonne of Iddo had Mahanaim.

15 Ahimaaz was in Naphtali; he also tooke Basmath the daughter of Solomon to wife.

16 Baanah the sonne of Hushai was in Asher and in Aloth:

17 Iehoshaphat the sonne of Paruah in Issachar:

18 Shimei the sonne of Elah in Beniamin:

19 Geber the sonne of Uri was in the countrey of Gilead, in the countrey of Sihon king of the Amorites, and of Og king of Bashan; and hee was the onely officer which was in the land.

20 ¶ Iudah and Israel were many, as the sand which is by the sea in multitude, eating and drinking and making merrie.

21 And Solomon reigned ouer all kingdoms from the riuer vnto the land of the Philistines, and vnto the border of Egypt: they brought presents, and serued Solomon all the dayes of his life.

22 ¶ And Solomons prouision for one day, was thirtie measures of fine floure, and threescore measures of meale,

23 Ten fat oxen, and twentie oxen out of the pastures, and an hundred sheepe, beside Harts, and Roe-buckes, and fallow Deere, and fatted foule.

24 For he had dominion ouer all the region on this side the Riuer, from Tiphsah euen to Azzah ouer all the kings on this side the Riuer: and he had peace on all sides round about him.

25 And Iudah and Israel dwelt safely, euery man vnder his Uine, and vnder his Figtree, from Dan euen to Beer-sheba, all the dayes of Solomon.

26 ¶ And Solomon had fourtie thousand stalles of horses for his charets, and twelue thousand horsemen.

27 And those officers prouided victuall for king Solomon, and for all that came vnto king Solomons table, euery man in his moneth: they lacked nothing.

28 Barley also and straw for the horses and dromedaries, brought they vnto the place where the officers were, euery man according to his charge.

29 ¶ And God gaue Solomon wisdome, and vnderstanding, exceeding much, and largenesse of heart, euen as the sand that is on the sea shoare.

30 And Solomons wisedome excelled the wisedome of all the children of the East countrey, and all the wisedome of Egypt.

31 For hee was wiser then all men; then Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda the sonnes of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about.

32 And he spake three thousand prouerbes: and his songs were a thousand and fiue.

33 And hee spake of trees, from the Cedar tree that is in Lebanon, euen vnto the Hyssope that springeth out of the wall: hee spake also of beasts, and of foule, and of creeping things, and of fishes.

34 And there came of all people to heare the wisedome of Solomon, from all kings of the earth, which had heard of his wisedome.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:30 am
1 Kings
Chapter 5

1 And Hiram king of Tyre sent his seruants vnto Solomon: (for hee had heard that they had anointed him King in the roume of his father,) for Hiram was euer a louer of Dauid.

2 And Solomon sent to Hiram, saying,

3 Thou knowest how that Dauid my father could not build an house vnto the Name of the Lord his God, for the warres which were about him on euery side, vntill the Lord put them vnder the soles of his feet.

4 But now the Lord my God hath giuen me rest on euery side, so that there is neither aduersary, nor euill occurrent.

5 And behold, I purpose to build an house vnto the Name of the Lord my God, as the Lord spake vnto Dauid my father, saying, Thy sonne, whom I will set vpon thy throne in thy roume, he shall build an house vnto my Name.

6 Now therefore command thou, that they hew me Cedar trees out of Lebanon, and my seruants shall bee with thy seruants: and vnto thee will I giue hire for thy seruants, according to all that thou shalt appoint: for thou knowest that there is not among vs, any that can skill to hew timber, like vnto the Sidonians.

7 ¶ And it came to passe when Hiram heard the wordes of Solomon, that hee reioyced greatly, and said, Blessed be the Lord this day, which hath giuen vnto Dauid a wise sonne ouer this great people.

8 And Hiram sent to Solomon, saying, I haue considered the things which thou sentest to me for: and I will doe all thy desire concerning timber of Cedar, and concerning timber of firre.

9 My seruants shall bring them downe from Lebanon vnto the Sea: and I wil conuey them by sea in flotes, vnto the place that thou shalt appoint me, and will cause them to be discharged there, and thou shalt receiue them: and thou shalt accomplish my desire, in giuing food for my houshold.

10 So Hiram gaue Solomon Cedar trees, and Firre trees, according to all his desire.

11 And Solomon gaue Hiram twentie thousand measures of wheate for food to his houshold, and twentie measures of pure oile: thus gaue Solomon to Hiram yeere by yeere.

12 And the Lord gaue Solomon wisedome, as hee promised him: and there was peace betweene Hiram and Solomon, and they two made a league together.

13 ¶ And King Solomon raised a leuie out of all Israel, and the leuie was thirtie thousand men.

14 And hee sent them to Lebanon, ten thousand a moneth by courses: a moneth they were in Lebanon, and two moneths at home: and Adoniram was ouer the leuie.

15 And Solomon had threescore and ten thousand that bare burdens, and fourescore thousand hewers in the mountaines:

16 Besides the chiefe of Solomons officers which were ouer the worke, three thousand and three hundred, which ruled ouer the people that wrought in the worke.

17 And the king commanded, and they brought great stones, costly stones, and hewed stones, to lay the foundation of the house.

18 And Solomons builders, and Hirams builders, did hewe them, and the stone-squarers: so they prepared timber and stones to build the house.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:24 am
1 Kings
Chapter 6

1 And it came to passe in the foure hundred and fourescore yeere after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth yere of Solomons reigne ouer Israel, in the moneth Zif, which is the second moneth, that he began to build the house of the Lord.

2 And the house which king Solomon built for the Lord, the length thereof was threescore cubites, and the breadth thereof twentie cubits, and the height thereof thirtie cubites.

3 And the porch before the Temple of the house: twentie cubites was the length thereof, according to the breadth of the house, and tenne cubites was the breadth thereof before the house.

4 And for the house he made windowes of narrow lights.

5 ¶ And against the wall of the house he built chambers round about, against the walles of the house round about, both of the Temple and of the Oracle: and hee made chambers round about.

6 The nethermost chamber was fiue cubites broad, and the middle was sixe cubites broad, and the third was seuen cubites broad: for without in the wall of the house hee made narrowed rests round about, that the beames should not bee fastened in the walles of the house.

7 And the house when it was in building, was built of stone, made ready before it was brought thither: so that there was neither hammer nor axe, nor any toole of yron heard in the house, while it was in building.

8 The doore for the middle chamber was in the right side of the house: and they went vp with winding staires into the middle chamber, and out of the middle into the third.

9 So he built the house and finished it: and couered the house with beams and boards of Cedar.

10 And then hee built chambers against all the house, fiue cubites high: and they rested on the house with timber of Cedar.

11 ¶* And the word of the Lord came to Solomon, saying;

12 Concerning this House which thou art in building, if thou wilt walke in my Statutes, and execute my Iudgments, and keepe all my Commandements to walke in them: then will I performe my word with thee, which I spake vnto Dauid thy father.

13 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.

14 So Solomon built the house, and finished it.

15 And hee built the walles of the house within with boards of Cedar, both the floore of the house, and the walles of the sieling: and hee couered them on the inside with wood, and couered the floore of the house with plankes of firre.

16 And hee built twentie cubites on the sides of the house, both the floore, and the walles with boards of Cedar: he euen built them for it within, euen for the Oracle, euen for the most holy place.

17 And the house, that is, the Temple before it, was fortie cubites long.

18 And the Cedar of the house within was carued with knops, and open flowres: all was Cedar, there was no stone seene.

19 And the Oracle he prepared in the house within, to set there the Arke of the Couenant of the Lord.

20 And the Oracle in the forepart, was twenty cubits in length and twentie cubites in breadth, and twentie cubites in the height thereof: and hee ouerlayd it with pure golde, and so couered the Altar which was of Cedar.

21 So Solomon ouerlayd the house within with pure golde: and he made a partition, by the chaines of golde before the Oracle, and he ouerlaid it with gold.

22 And the whole house he ouerlaid with golde vntill he had finished all the house: also the whole Altar that was by the Oracle he ouerlaide with golde.

23 ¶ And within the Oracle he made two Cherubims of Oliue tree, each ten cubites high.

24 And fiue cubits was the one wing of the Cherub, and fiue cubits the other wing of the Cherub: from the vttermost part of the one wing, vnto the vttermost part of the other, were ten cubites.

25 And the other Cherub was tenne cubites: both the Cherubims were of one measure, and one size.

26 The height of the one Cherub was ten cubites, and so was it of the other Cherub.

27 And he set the Cherubims within the inner house: and they stretched foorth the wings of the Cherubims, so that the wing of the one touched the one wall, and the wing of the other Cherub touched the other wall: & their wings touched one another in the midst of the house.

28 And he ouerlayd the Cherubims with golde.

29 And he carued all the walles of the house round about with carued figures of Cherubims, and palme trees, and open flowers, within & without.

30 And the floore of the house hee ouerlayed with gold, within and without.

31 ¶ And for the entring of the Oracle he made doores of Oliue tree: the lintell and side posts were a fifth part of the wall.

32 The two doores also were of Oliue tree, and he carued vpon them caruings of Cherubims, and palme trees, and open flowers, and ouerlayd them with gold, and spread gold vpon the Cherubims, and vpon the palme trees.

33 So also made hee for the doore of the Temple postes of Oliue tree a fourth part of the wall.

34 And the two doores were of firre tree: the two leaues of the one doore were folding, and the two leaues of the other doore were folding.

35 And he carued thereon Cherubims, and palme trees, and open flowers: and couered them with gold, fitted vpon the carued worke.

36 ¶ And hee built the inner Court with three rowes of hewed stone, and a row of Cedar beames.

37 ¶ In the fourth yeere was the foundation of the house of the Lord layd, in the moneth Zif.

38 And in the eleuenth yeere in the moneth Bul (which is the eight moneth) was the house finished throughout all the parts therof, and according to all the fashion of it: So was he seuen yeeres in building it.

* ¶ ‎(English name pilcrow or paragraph mark)

Beginning of a section of text.
Beginning of a paragraph.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:52 am
1 Kings
Chapter 7

1 But Solomon was building his owne house thirteene yeres, and he finished all his house.

2 ¶ Hee built also the house of the forrest of Lebanon; the length thereof was a hundred cubites, and the breadth thereof fiftie cubites, and the height thereof thirtie cubites, vpon foure rowes of Cedar pillars, with Cedar beames vpon the pillars.

3 And it was couered with Cedar aboue vpon the beames, that lay on fortie fiue pillars, fifteene in a row.

4 And there were windowes in three rowes, and light was against light in three rankes.

5 And all the doores and postes were square, with the windowes: and light was against light in three rankes.

6 ¶ And he made a porch of pillars, the length thereof was fiftie cubites, and the breadth thereof thirtie cubites: and the porch was before them: and the other pillars, and the thicke beame were before them.

7 ¶ Then hee made a porch for the throne where he might iudge, euen the porch of Iudgement: and it was couered with Cedar from one side of the floore to the other.

8 ¶ And his house where he dwelt, had another court within the porch, which was of the like worke: Solomon made also an house for Pharaohs daughter, ( whom he had taken to wife) like vnto this porch.

9 All these were of costly stones, according to the measures of hewed stones, sawed with sawes, within and without, euen from the foundation vnto the coping, and so on the outside toward the great court.

10 And the foundation was of costly stones, euen great stones; stones of ten cubites, and stones of eight cubites.

11 And aboue were costly stones (after the measures of hewed stones) and Cedars.

12 And the great court round about, was with three rowes of hewed stones, and a row of Cedar beames, both for the inner court of the house of the Lord, and for the porch of the house.

13 ¶ And king Solomon sent and fet Hiram out of Tyre.

14 Hee was a widowes sonne of the tribe of Naphtali, and his father was a man of Tyre, a worker in brasse, and he was filled with wisedome, and vnderstanding, and cunning to worke all workes in brasse: and hee came to king Solomon, and wrought all his worke.

15 For he cast two pillars of brasse of eighteene cubites high a piece: and a line of twelue cubites did compasse either of them about.

16 And hee made two Chapiters of molten brasse, to set vpon the tops of the pillars: the height of the one chapiter was fiue cubites, and the height of the other chapiter was fiue cubites:

17 And nets of checker worke, and wreathes of chaine worke, for the chapiters which were vpon the top of the pillars: seuen for the one chapiter, and seuen for the other chapiter.

18 And he made the pillars, and two rowes round about vpon the one networke, to couer the chapiters that were vpon the top, with pomegranates: and so did he for the other chapiter.

19 And the chapiters that were vpon the top of the pillars, were of lillie worke in the porch, foure cubites.

20 And the chapiters vpon the two pillars had pomegranates also, aboue, ouer against the belly which was by the networke: and the pomegranates were two hundred in rowes round about, vpon the other chapiter.

21 And he set vp the pillars in the porch of the temple: and hee set vp the right pillar, and called the name therof Iachin: and he set vp the left pillar, and called the name thereof Boaz.

22 And vpon the top of the pillars was lillie worke: so was the worke of the pillars finished.

23 ¶ And he made a moulten Sea, ten cubites from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, & his height was fiue cubits: and a line of thirtie cubites did compasse it round about.

24 And vnder the brimme of it round about there were knops compassing it, ten in a cubite, compassing the sea round about: the knops were cast in two rowes, when it was cast.

25 It stood vpon twelue oxen, three looking toward the North, and three looking toward the West, and three looking toward the South, and three looking toward the East: and the Sea was set aboue vpon them, and all their hinder parts were inward.

26 And it was an hand breadth thicke, and the brimme thereof was wrought like the brim of a cup, with flowres of lillies: it contained two thousand Baths.

27 ¶ And he made ten bases of brasse; foure cubites was the length of one base, and foure cubites the breadth thereof, and three cubites the height of it.

28 And the worke of the bases was on this maner: they had borders, and the borders were betweene the ledges:

29 And on the borders that were betweene the ledges were lyons, oxen, and Cherubims: and vpon the ledges there was a base aboue: and beneath the lyons and oxen were certaine additions made of thinne worke.

30 And euery base had foure brasen wheeles, and plates of brasse: and the foure corners therof had vndersetters: vnder the lauer were vndersetters molten, at the side of euery addition.

31 And the mouth of it within the chapiter, and aboue, was a cubite: but the mouth thereof was round after the worke of the base, a cubite and an halfe: and also vpon the mouth of it were grauings with their borders, foure square not round.

32 And vnder the borders were foure wheeles: & the axletrees of the wheeles were ioyned to the base, and the height of a wheele was a cubite and halfe a cubite.

33 And the worke of the wheeles was like the worke of a charet wheele: their axletrees and their naues, and their felloes, and their spokes were all molten.

34 And there were foure vndersetters to the foure corners of one base: and the vndersetters were of the very base it selfe.

35 And in the top of the base was there a round compasse of halfe a cubite high: and on the top of the base the ledges thereof, and the borders thereof were of the same.

36 For on the plates of the ledges thereof, and on the borders thereof, he graued Cherubims, lions, and palme trees, according to the proportion of euery one, and additions round about.

37 After this maner he made the ten bases: all of them had one casting, one measure, and one size.

38 ¶ Then made hee ten lauers of brasse: one lauer conteined fourtie baths: and euery lauer was foure cubites, and vpon euery one of the ten bases, one lauer.

39 And he put fiue bases on the right side of the house, and fiue on the left side of the house: and he set the Sea on the right side of the house Eastward, ouer against the South.

40 ¶ And Hiram made the lauers, and the shouels, and the basons: So Hiram made an ende of doing all the worke that hee made King Solomon, for the house of the Lord.

41 The two pillars, and the two bowles of the chapiters that were on the top of the two pillars: and the two networkes, to couer the two bowles of the chapiters which were vpon the top of the pillars:

42 And foure hundred Pomegranates for the two networkes, euen two rowes of Pomegranates for one networke, to couer the two bowles of the chapiters that were vpon the pillars:

43 And the ten bases, and ten lauers on the bases.

44 And one Sea, and twelue oxen vnder the Sea.

45 And the pots, and the shouels, and the basons: and all these vessels which Hiram made to King Solomon, for the house of the Lord, were of bright brasse.

46 In the plaine of Iordane did the king cast them in the clay ground, betweene Succoth and Zarthan.

47 And Solomon left all the vessels vnweighed, because they were exceeding many: neither was the weight of the brasse found out.

48 And Solomon made all the vessels that pertained vnto the house of the Lord: the Altar of gold, and the table of gold, whereupon the Shewbread was:

49 And the candlesticks of pure gold, fiue on the right side, and fiue on the left, before the Oracle, with the flowers, and the lampes, and the tongs of gold,

50 And the boules, and the snuffers, and the basons, & the spoones, and the censers of pure gold: and the hindges of gold, both for the doores of the inner house the most Holy place, and for the doores of the house, to wit, of the temple.

51 So was ended all the worke that king Solomon made for the house of the Lord: and Solomon brought in the things which Dauid his father had dedicated, euen the siluer, and the gold, & the vessels did he put among the treasures of the house of the Lord.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:59 am
1 Kings
Chapter 8

1 Then Solomon assembled the Elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chiefe of the fathers of the children of Israel, vnto king Solomon in Ierusalem, that they might bring vp the Arke of the Couenant of the Lord, out of the citie of Dauid, which is Zion.

2 And all the men of Israel assembled themselues vnto king Solomon, at the feast, in the moneth Ethanim, which is the seuenth moneth.

3 And all the Elders of Israel came, and the Priests tooke vp the Arke.

4 And they brought vp the Arke of the Lord, and the Tabernacle of the Congregation, and all the holy vessels that were in the Tabernacle, euen those did the Priests & the Leuites bring vp.

5 And king Solomon, and all the Congregation of Israel, that were assembled vnto him, were with him before the Arke, sacrificing sheepe, and oxen, that could not bee told nor numbred for multitude.

6 And the Priests brought in the Arke of the Couenant of the Lord vnto his place, into the Oracle of the house to the most holy place, euen vnder the wings of the Cherubims.

7 For the Cherubims spread forth their two wings ouer the place of the Arke, and the Cherubims couered the Arke, and the staues thereof aboue.
|
8 And they drew out the staues, that the ends of the staues were seene out in the Holy place before the Oracle, and they were not seene without: and there they are vnto this day.

9 There was nothing in the Arke, saue the two Tables of stone, which Moses put there at Horeb, when the Lord made a Couenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of the land of Egypt.

10 And it came to passe when the Priests were come out of the holy place, that the cloud filled the house of the Lord;

11 So that the Priests could not stand to minister, because of the cloud: for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of the Lord.

12 ¶ Then spake Solomon; The Lord said that hee would dwell in the thicke darkenesse.

13 I haue surely built thee an house to dwel in, a setled place for thee to abide in for euer.

14 And the King turned his face about, and blessed all the Congregation of Israel: (and all the Congregation of Israel stood.)

15 And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, which spake with his mouth vnto Dauid my father, and hath with his hand fulfilled it, saying;

16 Since the day that I brought foorth my people Israel out of Egypt, I chose no citie out of all the tribes of Israel to build an house that my Name might be therein; but I chose Dauid to be ouer my people Israel.

17 And it was in the heart of Dauid my father, to builde an house for the Name of the Lord God of Israel.

18 And the Lord sayd vnto Dauid my father, Whereas it was in thine heart to build an house vnto my Name, thou diddest well that it was in thine heart.

19 Neuerthelesse, thou shalt not build the house, but thy sonne that shall come foorth out of thy loynes, hee shall build the house vnto my Name.

20 And the Lord hath perfourmed his word that he spake, and I am risen vp in the roume of Dauid my father, and sit on the throne of Israel, as the Lord promised, and haue built an House for the Name of the Lord God of Israel.

21 And I haue set there a place for the Arke, wherein is the Couenant of the Lord, which he made with our fathers, when he brought them out of the land of Egypt.

22 ¶ And Solomon stood before the Altar of the Lord, in the presence of all the Congregation of Israel, and spread foorth his handes toward heauen:

23 And hee said, Lord God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heauen aboue, or on earth beneath, who keepest couenant and mercy with thy seruants, that walke before thee with all their heart:

24 Who hast kept with thy seruant Dauid my father that thou promisedst him: thou spakest also with thy mouth, and hast fulfilled it with thine hand, as it is this day.

25 Therefore now Lord God of Israel, keepe with thy seruant Dauid my father, that thou promisedst him, saying; There shall not faile thee a man in my sight to sit on the Throne of Israel; so that thy children take heede to their way, that they walke before me as thou hast walked before me:

26 And now, O God of Israel, let thy worde (I pray thee) bee verified, which thou spakest vnto thy seruant Dauid my father.

27 But will God indeede dwell on the earth? Behold, the heauen, and heauen of heauens cannot conteine thee: how much lesse this House that I haue builded?

28 Yet haue thou respect vnto the prayer of thy seruant, and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to hearken vnto the crie and to the prayer, which thy seruant prayeth before thee to day:

29 That thine eyes may be open toward this house, night and day, euen toward the place of which thou hast said, My Name shall be there: that thou mayest hearken vnto the prayer which thy seruant shall make towards this place.

30 And hearken thou to the supplication of thy seruant, and of thy people Israel, when they shall pray towards this place: and heare thou in heauen thy dwelling place, and when thou hearest, forgiue.

31 ¶ If any man trespasse against his neighbour, and an oath be laid vpon him to cause him to sweare, and the oath come before thine Altar in this house:

32 Then heare thou in heauen, and doe, and iudge thy seruants, condemning the wicked to bring his way vpon his head, and iustifying the righteous, to giue him according to his righteousnesse.

33 ¶ When thy people Israel bee smitten downe before the enemie, because they haue sinned against thee, and shall turne againe to thee, and confesse thy Name, and pray, and make supplication vnto thee in this house:

34 Then heare thou in heauen, and forgiue the sinne of thy people Israel, and bring them againe vnto the land, which thou gauest vnto their fathers.

35 ¶ When heauen is shut vp, and there is no raine, because they haue sinned against thee: if they pray towards this place, and confesse thy Name, and turne from their sinne, when thou afflictest them:

36 Then heare thou in heauen, and forgiue the sinne of thy seruants, and of thy people Israel, that thou teach them the good way wherein they should walke, and giue raine vpon thy land which thou hast giuen to thy people for an inheritance.

37 ¶ If there be in the land famine, if there be pestilence, blasting, mildew, locust, or if there be caterpiller: if their enemy besiege them in the land of their cities, whatsoeuer plague, whatsoeuer sicknes there be;

38 What prayer and supplication soeuer be made by any man, or by all thy people Israel, which shall know euery man the plague of his owne heart, and spread forth his handes towards this house:

39 Then heare thou in heauen thy dwelling place, and forgiue, and do, and giue to euery man according to his wayes, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, euen thou onely knowest the hearts of all the children of men,)

40 That they may feare thee all the dayes that they liue, in the land which thou gauest vnto our fathers.

41 Moreouer, concerning a stranger that is not of thy people Israel, but commeth out of a farre countrey, for thy Names sake;

42 (For they shall heare of thy great Name, and of thy strong hand, and of thy stretched out arme) when hee shall come and pray towards this house:

43 Heare thou in heauen thy dwelling place, and doe according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for: that all people of the earth may know thy Name, to feare thee, as doe thy people Israel, and that they may know that this house which I haue builded, is called by thy Name.

44 ¶ If thy people goe out to battell against their enemie, whithersoeuer thou shalt send them, and shall pray vnto the Lord toward the city which thou hast chosen, and toward the house that I haue built for thy Name:

45 Then heare thou in heauen their prayer & their supplication, and mainteine their cause.

46 If they sinne against thee, ( for there is no man that sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliuer them to the enemy, so that they cary them away captiues, vnto the land of the enemy, farre or neere;

47 Yet if they shall bethinke themselues, in the land whither they were caried captiues, and repent, and make supplication vnto thee in the land of them that caried them captiues, saying, Wee haue sinned, and haue done peruersly, we haue committed wickednes;

48 And so returne vnto thee with all their heart, and with all their soule, in the land of their enemies, which led them away captiue, and pray vnto thee toward their land, which thou gauest vnto their fathers, the city which thou hast chosen, and the house which I haue built for thy Name:

49 Then heare thou their prayer and their supplication in heauen thy dwelling place, and mainteine their cause,

50 And forgiue thy people that haue sinned against thee, and all their transgressions, wherein they haue transgressed against thee, and giue them compassion before them who caried them captiue, that they may haue compassion on them:

51 For they bee thy people and thine inheritance, which thou broughtest foorth out of Egypt, from the mids of the furnace of iron:

52 That thine eyes may be open vnto the supplication of thy seruant, and vnto the supplication of thy people Israel, to hearken vnto them in all that they call for vnto thee.

53 For thou didst separate them from among all the people of the earth, to be thine inheritance, as thou spakest by the hand of Moses thy seruant, when thou broughtest our fathers out of Egypt, O Lord God.

54 And it was so, that when Solomon had made an end of praying all this prayer and supplication vnto the Lord, he arose from before the Altar of the Lord, from kneeling on his knees, with his handes spread vp to heauen.

55 And he stood, and blessed all the Congregation of Israel, with a lowd voice, saying;

56 Blessed be the Lord, that hath giuen rest vnto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his seruant.

57 The Lord our God be with vs, as he was with our fathers: let him not leaue vs, nor forsake vs:

58 That hee may encline our hearts vnto him, to walke in all his wayes, and to keepe his Commaundements, and his Statutes, and his Iudgements which hee commaunded our fathers.

59 And let these my wordes wherewith I haue made supplication before the Lord, be nigh vnto the Lord our God, day and night, that hee maintaine the cause of his seruant, and the cause of his people Israel at all times, as the matter shall require:

60 That all the people of the earth may know that the Lord is God: and that there is none else.

61 Let your heart therefore be perfect with the Lord your God, to walke in his Statutes, and to keepe his Commandements, as at this day.

62 ¶ And the king, and all Israel with him, offered sacrifice before the Lord.

63 And Solomon offered a sacrifice of peace offerings, which he offered vnto the Lord, two and twentie thousand oxen, and an hundred and twentie thousand sheepe: so the king and all the children of Israel dedicated the house of the Lord.

64 The same day did the king hallow the middle of the Court that was before the house of the Lord: for there hee offered burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and the fat of the peace offerings: because the brasen Altar that was before the Lord, was too little to receiue the burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and the fat of the peace offerings.

65 And at that time Solomon held a feast, and all Israel with him, a great Congregation, from the entring in of Hamath, vnto the riuer of Egypt, before the Lord our God, seuen dayes and seuen dayes, euen fourteene dayes.

66 On the eight day he sent the people away: and they blessed the King, and went vnto their tents ioyfull, and glad of heart, for all the goodnesse that the Lord had done for Dauid his seruant, and for Israel his people.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:59 am
1 Kings
Chapter 9

1 And it came to passe, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the Lord, and the kings house, and all Solomons desire which hee was pleased to doe,

2 That the Lord appeared to Solomon the second time, as hee had appeared vnto him at Gibeon.

3 And the Lord said vnto him, I haue heard thy prayer and thy supplication that thou hast made before me: I haue hallowed this house which thou hast built, to put my Name there for euer, and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.

4 And if thou wilt walke before me, as Dauid thy father walked, in integritie of heart, and in vprightnesse, to doe according to all that I haue commanded thee, and wilt keepe my Statutes, and my Iudgements:

5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdome vpon Israel for euer, as I promised to Dauid thy father, saying, There shall not faile thee a man vpon the throne of Israel.

6 But if you shall at all turne from following me, you or your children, and will not keepe my Commandements, and my Statutes, which I haue set before you, but goe and serue other gods, and worship them:

7 Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I haue giuen them; and this house which I haue hallowed for my Name, will I cast out of my sight, and Israel shall bee a prouerbe, and a by-word among all people:

8 And at this house which is high, euery one that passeth by it, shalbe astonished, and shall hisse, and they shal say, Why hath the Lord done thus vnto this land, and to this house?

9 And they shall answere, Because they forsooke the Lord their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and haue taken hold vpon other gods, and haue worshipped them, and serued them: therefore hath the Lord brought vpon them all this euill.

10 ¶ And it came to passe at the end of twentie yeeres, when Solomon had built the two houses, the house of the Lord, and the Kings house,

11 (Now Hiram the king of Tyre had furnished Solomon with Cedar trees, and firre trees, and with golde according to al his desire) that then Solomon gaue Hiram twentie cities in the land of Galile.

12 And Hiram came out from Tyre to see the cities which Solomon had giuen him, and they pleased him not.

13 And he said, What cities are these which thou hast giuen me, my brother? And he called them the land of Cabul vnto this day.

14 And Hiram sent to the king sixe score talents of gold.

15 ¶ And this is the reason of the leuie which king Solomon raised, for to build the house of the Lord, and his owne house, and Millo, and the wall of Ierusalem, and Hazor, and Megiddo, and Gezer.

16 For Pharaoh king of Egypt had gone vp, and taken Gezer, and burnt it with fire, and slaine the Canaanites that dwelt in the citie, and giuen it for a present vnto his daughter Solomons wife.

17 And Solomon built Gezer, and Beth-horon the nether,

18 And Baalath, and Tadmor in the wildernesse, in the land.

19 And all the cities of store that Solomon had, and cities for his charets, and cities for his horsemen, and that which Solomon disired to build in Ierusalem, and in Lebanon, and in all the land of his dominion.

20 And all the people that were left of the Amorites, Hittittes, Perizzites, Hiuites, and Iebusites, which were not of the children of Israel,

21 Their children that were left after them in the land, whom the children of Israel also were not able vtterly to destroy, vpon those did Solomon leuie a tribute of bond-seruice vnto this day.

22 But of the children of Israel did Solomon make no bondmen: but they were men of warre, and his seruants, and his princes, and his captaines, and rulers of his charets, and his horsemen.

23 These were the chiefe of the officers that were ouer Solomons worke, fiue hundred and fiftie, which bare rule ouer the people that wrought in the worke.

24 ¶ But Pharaohs daughter came vp out of the citie of Dauid, vnto her house which Solomon had built for her: then did he build Millo.

25 ¶ And three times in a yeere did Solomon offer burnt offerings, and peace offerings vpon the Altar which he built vnto the Lord, and he burnt incense vpon the altar that was before the Lord: so he finished the house.

26 ¶ And king Solomon made a nauie of ships in Ezion Geber, which is beside Eloth, on the shoare of the red sea, in the land of Edom.

27 And Hiram sent in the nauie his seruants, shipmen that had knowledge of the Sea, with the seruants of Solomon.

28 And they came to Ophir, and fet from thence gold foure hundred and twentie talents, and brought it to king Solomon.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games