Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

RusKitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:06 pm
Quote:
Biohazard Extreme advised i make this topic because of my sheer dislike of resident evil 4.
When i first played it i was amazed, it was fun and the new controls/gameplay. This soon wore off and i became boarded with it. The game became repetative and i stoped playing it. i have never played it since. i played it on different modes and played the minigames and i found nothing new.
i hate resi 4.

discuss-
-do you hate resi 4
-resi 4 newbs
-why resi 4 is bad

Nice typing bud.
I found nothing wrong with RE4, or "resi 4" that just butchers it.

Anyway, you became boarded with it? Okay well, that didn't make sense perhaps you tried to spell bored? Congratulations with your attempt.

And you hate this game, and you say you didn't finish it? That's beyond stupid, again.

Found nothing new? I guess you didn't play the game, and yeah controls are supposed to get Repetitive, you know? For memorization.

I think the only possible thing to find wrong with RE 4 is that it's not long enough, RE4 falls under my second favorite game! Just under Remake.

Are we really going to support game bashing here?

heart  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:47 pm
Mippys

Yes, I do believe we are, seeing as that's pretty much what this thread is for.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:37 am
Canas Renvall

"Jump, gypsy!" XD

Now, this hasn't been brought up much, but I say it adds to the unrealisticness of RE4. Question: where's that ungodly large case that can hold five handguns, three shotguns, two magnums, a rocket launcher, and a few grenades? Does Leon have it stuck up his godmoding a** or something?

To quote Meryl of Metal Gear Solid: Women have more hiding places than men.

And as far as I'm concerned, Leon is a girl.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:44 pm
Mippys
Quote:
Biohazard Extreme advised i make this topic because of my sheer dislike of resident evil 4.
When i first played it i was amazed, it was fun and the new controls/gameplay. This soon wore off and i became boarded with it. The game became repetative and i stoped playing it. i have never played it since. i played it on different modes and played the minigames and i found nothing new.
i hate resi 4.

discuss-
-do you hate resi 4
-resi 4 newbs
-why resi 4 is bad

Nice typing bud.
I found nothing wrong with RE4, or "resi 4" that just butchers it.

Anyway, you became boarded with it? Okay well, that didn't make sense perhaps you tried to spell bored? Congratulations with your attempt.

And you hate this game, and you say you didn't finish it? That's beyond stupid, again.

Found nothing new? I guess you didn't play the game, and yeah controls are supposed to get Repetitive, you know? For memorization.

I think the only possible thing to find wrong with RE 4 is that it's not long enough, RE4 falls under my second favorite game! Just under Remake.

heart

Well, speaking as someone who has actually played and finished the game, I can safely say that RE4 sucks as a Resident Evil game for many, many reasons. xp  

Vankala

Kobo-chan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:06 pm
There's the keyword. 'As a RE, RE4 didn't live up to its name'. All the things Extreme said was pretty much my opinion. I mean, yes it's damn fun running around collecting 2000 Handgun rounds, finishing the game in 1 hr 45 mins, handgun + knife + no merchant runs, and what-nots. It's fun! ...But it's not Resident Evil... Resident Evil is... Umbrella, T- and G-Virus, zombies, tyrants, Wesker, Ada, S.T.A.R.S., and those frustrating, yet loveable, fixed camera angles.

The merchant's feature here kind of killed it. Upgrading and buying weapons... And ARMOR. <_<;; That spells rpg right there xd ; But, I'll still thank him for having random people make hilarious videos about him. Hell, I think pretty much most of the parody movies based from RE4 is better to watch than playing it = =;;

The new over-the-shoulder-camera is ideal for spacious games like this. When I mean spacious, I mean pretty much the setting or area is a wide / open-like area, and the game fits in 30 monsters at once. ...Can you try to imagine you're in a mansion's room filled with 25 zombies and you're only equipped with a handgun? It'd be damn hard, right, with all that up / middle / down-aim feature, but the free-aim feature fits in. Pop some heads. ...And I doubt they can stumble like these Ganados...

As for the story and new monsters, they weren't really all that 'scary'. Resident Evil's famous for its survivor horror genre. I mean, okay, I admit that some scenes do give me some jumps here and there, but not as much as the original RE's... Plagas from decades ago seems pretty lame, to me. Where'd all the zombies go?

I can only pray RE5 will live up to its survivor horror genre. I'm pretty sure the story itself is involving Wesker, Umbrella, Chris, Sherry (not sure?), and hopefully some other returning characters. I dunno...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:02 pm
Resident Evil isn't bad at all, actually it's quite good...gameplay wise. Resident Evil 4 pretty much has a superb control over the others, and although quite new, it completely crushes the camera of the previous REs. The content is large, with lots of hours in gameplay, plus Mercenaries and bonus costumes.

What I am disappointed with though, is the total loss of zombies crying . Then there's a story which feels more like a side-story than the continuation of the RE series of T-Virus.

I heard the RE5 picks up after RE4. I guess it's something related to Las Plagas+T-Virus.

I still have to say that RE2 and Remake was still more original too.  

Shinigami Substitute

Captain Phantom

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:10 pm
RE4 was the first RE game I ever played and I like it! But before I started playing RE4 I always watched my dad play the other ones and he said "this ones easy you wanna try?". so I did and I recently finished Dead Aim because it was pretty easy and the controls were similar. but I'm still a noob and i can't even finish pro on RE4 yet emo And I don't get the merchant either and the game isn't realistic! zombies aren't real anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:41 am
Gambler of Whispers
Resident Evil isn't bad at all, actually it's quite good...gameplay wise. Resident Evil 4 pretty much has a superb control over the others, and although quite new, it completely crushes the camera of the previous REs.

It also kills the suspenseful horror atmosphere. I'd take the old camera system over the new on ANY day. If people don't wanna take the half hour to get used to the controls when the camera is static, maybe they're not worthy to be playing this game.

But even if we have the over the shoulder camera. Has anyone ever played a game called Cold Fear? The controls are fairly similar to that of RE4. Now, I didn't enjoy the game particularly because the aim was too sensitive and there was a lot of backtracking on a boat that looked the same everywhere you go, so the level design was kind of boring.
But the hallways in that boat were dark. The ammo was short. The enemies jumped out at you. And many other factors that made that game pretty damn creepy, and the atmosphere as suspenseful as any. THAT'S how RE4 should have approached the horror aspect of their game.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kobo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:26 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Gambler of Whispers
Resident Evil isn't bad at all, actually it's quite good...gameplay wise. Resident Evil 4 pretty much has a superb control over the others, and although quite new, it completely crushes the camera of the previous REs.

It also kills the suspenseful horror atmosphere. I'd take the old camera system over the new on ANY day. If people don't wanna take the half hour to get used to the controls when the camera is static, maybe they're not worthy to be playing this game.

But even if we have the over the shoulder camera. Has anyone ever played a game called Cold Fear? The controls are fairly similar to that of RE4. Now, I didn't enjoy the game particularly because the aim was too sensitive and there was a lot of backtracking on a boat that looked the same everywhere you go, so the level design was kind of boring.
But the hallways in that boat were dark. The ammo was short. The enemies jumped out at you. And many other factors that made that game pretty damn creepy, and the atmosphere as suspenseful as any. THAT'S how RE4 should have approached the horror aspect of their game.

Ya, that's true. Cold Fear, even though it was pretty much RE4 except the character and settings are different, had a more 'creepier' atmosphere. You're on a boat, with weird monsters. Not only that, it's storming, vision is limited, and the boat itself is pretty dark. Nods Nods. You know, maybe they ought to have stick with that 3.5 version where Leon was constantly chased by that hook-zombie-ish dude? THAT was more creepier than a chainsaw guy chasing you.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:07 am
Ivory Lie
i liked it...but there where many things i disliked as well
-ashley scream

AMEN BROTHER! xd I'd just shoot her if I got fustrated

But I must say I didn't have any quarells with Resident Evil 4. It just didn't feel like a Resident Evil to me, that's all. It felt like a run and gun type and I still like action games 3nodding  

Chichok1080

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:24 pm
Kobo-chan
Ya, that's true. Cold Fear, even though it was pretty much RE4 except the character and settings are different, had a more 'creepier' atmosphere. You're on a boat, with weird monsters. Not only that, it's storming, vision is limited, and the boat itself is pretty dark. Nods Nods. You know, maybe they ought to have stick with that 3.5 version where Leon was constantly chased by that hook-zombie-ish dude? THAT was more creepier than a chainsaw guy chasing you.

I would have prefered the version with the black fog, whatever it was. Something to do with Progenitor, I remember that much.

You know what that fog reminds me of? The Fog Monster from Lost. Anyone watch that show?

Anyway, Ashley would have been a lot better if she was fully interactive. I mean, you fire a rocket launcher at her, she falls over and dies. ******** that! I hate her! If I fire a rocket Launcher at her, I want to see that b***h EXPLODE!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:37 pm
I think seeing Ashley in the Merc game would have been interesting. She'd just start screaming and all the Ganados would run away from her... haha..  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:43 pm
Not before their heads pop open from the loudness.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:52 pm
What is she? Sindel?  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:02 pm
*feels like an MK geek for understanding the joke* XD
Nah, she's more like Britney Spears gets it on with a mentally challenged banshee and they have Ashley as their demon spawn.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games