Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:36 pm
The Eagles are pretty awesome. (Unfortunately if you look at my music likes I'd probably be classified as a necrophiliac because all the bands I like are dead 3nodding )I'm sure if you google "hotel california guitar tabs" you'd find something.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:26 pm
I have officially started building my Outlaw Star RP. I have dubbed it "Sub-Ether Dreams." If anyone has some pointers before I officially begin, please PM me.

EDIT: I have now opened my RP to applications.  

Trowa The Fearless

Katherine1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:54 pm
Well, the Witch Hunt RP look interesting until I hit the 300 years later part of the story.

I haven't found an RP yet that really interests me here yet, and my RP world is coming along slowly. I have three nations somewhat planned out, and no map drawn yet. I really should draw up a map, as I kinda have an idea of how everything looks in my head, but having it drawn out would be better.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:57 pm
Katherine1
Well, the Witch Hunt RP look interesting until I hit the 300 years later part of the story.

I haven't found an RP yet that really interests me here yet, and my RP world is coming along slowly. I have three nations somewhat planned out, and no map drawn yet. I really should draw up a map, as I kinda have an idea of how everything looks in my head, but having it drawn out would be better.

I can't wait to see what you will bring to the party, so to speak.  

Trowa The Fearless

Katherine1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:03 pm
I could post what I have so far, maybe you could give me some suggestions. My goal is to build a foundation for more than just one RP in making this world. Normally when I make an RP (rarely) I don't plan enough, if I'm over planning, well it's gotta work out better than under planning.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:13 pm
There's no such thing as overplanning. Or so I've heard. 3nodding  

Trowa The Fearless

Katherine1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:19 pm
Well, here is what I have so far. This started with an RP involving the first two kingdoms. Since then I have wanted to expand on the world, and I'm doing that now.
Notes
Kingdom of Estonia
This kingdom is more of a European style kingdom with a monarchy. The royal family is not expected to do more than rule over the kingdom. In fact it is looked down upon for the royal family to put themselves in any sort of danger. They throw their lawbreakers in prison and enslave their enemies.

Notes on Estonia
Estonia's slaves are made up entirely of captured enemies, which means that the makeup of that group could be people from any country, or even some born from parents who were slaves.

Slaves are looked down upon and generally treated like dirt. They are captured enemies, after all.

Xiao Min Empire
Xiao Min is ethnically and culturally an Asian kingdom. They do not use a prison system, unlike most other nations. They instead use sophisticated brainwashing techniques to ensure that everyone can be a productive member of society instead of rotting away in a prison.

Notes on the Xiao Min Empire

Xiao Min's captured enemies and lawbreakers go through sophisticated brainwashing. In the end there is really nothing left of the original person. They physically alter captured enemies, saying that if no one can tell if anyone else was natural born or a captured enemy, there is no way anyone could be discriminated against. There have been rumors of children born to one Xiao Min parent and one parent of another kingdom being physically altered as well. This is only a rumor with no proof to confirm it.

Crime rates are notably low in Xiao Min.

People from Xiao Min view prison systems as uncivilized and barbaric, despite the fact that the brainwashing process can involve quite a bit of pain.

Isle of Serena
Serena, being separated from the rest of the world by water, has been spared the wars that have hit the mainland. Serena is home to a seemingly primitive culture, though this is in fact not true. Serena is home to a rather advanced culture, who primarily live underground. They are advanced because their understanding of mechanical technology is far superior to any other nation.

Notes on Serena

As far as the rest of the world is concerned, a primitive people lives on the island.

The island is not spoken of kindly because the inhabitants have insured that the rumor that anyone who strays too far from the coast disappears by making sure to capture or kill anyone who has.

Serena's mechanical technology does not go beyond mechanical. They do not have gun powder, just like everyone else. Their mechanical technology primarily helps dig their underground caverns. The machines are steam powered, usually using either magma or coal to heat the water.

General Notes
Magic exists, but it isn't extremely common or easy to learn. This means that most people are incapable of using magic and those that can devote their entire lives to it.

The nations are culturally and ethnically diverse. Someone from one nation will not follow customs from another nation. (with one exception)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:13 pm
Ar har har...I live again! My ruthless semester of college is over, and my next one is only two classes that meet twice a week. -Glee!~-

Anywho...Kai is back..and will be able to actually participate now that the schedule is a lot less chaotic. This makes me very happy. 8D

Love to the guild ~<3

Xyirii

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:49 am
The eagles.... so boring and dull. Wheres the passion? Wheres the Bile? The raw edge? Thats what makes real music. Its also why I prefer Warren Zevon. Gotta love a guy who can write about child murderers, violent werewolves and junkies.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:26 am
*shrugs* To each his own. I have a ridiculously broad love of music. I love it all for the most part. I like the Eagles because they are laid back and have a groove that just sorta goes with the flow. I like they're poetry too. It depends what I feel like.

Strangely my brother went through a Coheed and Cambria obsession. (Swear I heard the song Cassiopeia upwards of 1000 times) and as such I have issues listening to them.

Electric Kool-Aid

Trowa The Fearless

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:47 am
Electric Kool-Aid
I have a ridiculously broad love of music. I love it all for the most part.

I completely agree. 3nodding There is very little music that I don't like.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:10 am
I start drawing the line with some rap music (mostly the stuff that's just cussing) and I don't count anything by Fergie as music, but like I said apart from that...  

Electric Kool-Aid

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:10 am
Oh, you dont like C and C? Heresy! Especially since they now have a comic series and the albums story is nearly finished.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:13 am
*shrugs* They just got old when I heard them for the millionth time. I have a couple of their songs and they're not awful, but there's other stuff that I like much better. You might like Cooper Temple Clause.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:52 am
Welcome, Shide and Osaya!

Welcome back, WhoAreYou and Xyirii!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games