Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:54 pm
Mainstream anime does suck. But stuff like Elfen Lied is actually pretty good. I mean it's short, but still good. Afro Samurai is pretty damn good.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:13 pm
I have returned! I had a great time, however, I saw very few good Resident Evil cosplays *cough*, and 1 zombie that I saw when I didn't have my camera with me. I saw a great Wesker but that was another one of the times I wasn't carrying my camera with me. I do, however, have a couple of photos I want to share of various cosplays (Including the one Wesker I did take a picture of) and I will upload them ASAP. >3

In other news: I feel like a zombie.  

Javanomicron

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:18 pm
Welcome back. You've missed very little. Bio just unleased a few more creatures, I shot some guy in the face, we all had a blast.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:47 am
Roy Campbell
Biohazard EXTREME
So, has anyone else checked out "Afro Samurai?"
I just picked it up yesterday, it's really an amazing mini-series. It's a lot better than... ANY anime that came out in the mainstream in the past 6 or so years. I mean, as a series in itself, it's on par with works like, "Spirited Away."
Today, all this crap that you see on TV or that's generally talked about, is just that... It's crap, I mean... Full Metal Alchemist? Avatar? Naruto? Hack//: GUI? Give me a break... Seriously, today's Anime has become a bastardized, watered down version of what it used to be. And that's damn sad...
So, if you want something that's not watered down, Afro Samurai is really worth checking out. I was extremely impressed by it.

Plus, you know... Gotta love Samuel L. Jackson.
I thought it was "Nice,NICE".
Nowadays you don't really see that much gore in anime unless you import it from japan.It was Cowboy Bebop and Trigun that got me interested in anime, and this one which I forgot the name but I do remember a part of it in which this guy got sliced in half and all his insides spilled out, none of that dark T-bone steak effect crap you get in anime these days, and thats why I only get uncut versions of anime. What Toonami did to Naruto was down right ******** up. stare Talk about watering down something to the point where it's tasteless...So I'm glad they have an un-cut version of Afro Samurai so I can enjoy all of it's untouched goodness. 3nodding
I saw commercials for it. It seems pretty interesting, so I wouldn't mind seeing it at all. Probably won't buy it, just because I have other things to buy that are stronger to my interests.

If you do want to see a good gore anime, that actually is.. quite crazy, and makes you think rather hard, try checking out Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. It's being released on DVD in North America tomorrow (June 5th).

And well.. it's.. pretty gorey. I watched some of it (my friend has the entire series) and we just found out that we saw the censored version. And we were like "..WHAT? eek "
Apparently it was even censored in Japan when aired on TV.. and you know Japan, they aren't so strict on censoring compared to the states and Canada. I'm quite excited to see the uncut version that's being released on DVD, though. 3nodding

Also, welcome back, Xeno! I hope you had fun! xD;  

Uenna

Javanomicron

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:34 pm
I did, my boyfriend and I had a blast.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:59 am
I'm back from A-Kon, too. I saw very few RE cosplays. crying I'm sure there were more than what I saw but the place was huge so I was lucky to at least see this Jill cosplay:

User Image

Sorry for the blurryness. sweatdrop But I think its a decent cosplay of Jill. 3nodding I think I'm gonna cosplay as Jill next year. At least I want to. And if I do, I might do a skit too. Dunno yet. ^^

Anyways, I also bought 2 RE shirts. One was an Umbrella Corporation T-shirt and the other was an R.P.D. T-shirt. ^^ I wore the Umbrella shirt in Sunday and met a couple of other RE fans there. It was awesome. 3nodding

(I'll be putting more pics up in my journal either today or tomorrow for anyone who's interested.)

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:02 pm
Yeah, I kinda missed out on Anime North up here in Canada, it was last weekend... I didn't get to go because... Well, I'm too cheap for the subway, let alone the convention fee... But I got money now, a week too late! scream  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:13 pm
I've been watching Shin Chan on Adult Swim ever since it's come on and like... Christ, I can't get enough of it, plus the ending song. It's scaring me. D:

"Party party, join us join us, shake your tail when you can, party party, join us, join us..!"

And I don't even care for anime!! D:  

Tyr525

XINVADER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:54 am
My one and only true love in anime, Ranma 1/2. Imean who wouldn't love an anime about a guy that changes into a girl when wet because of a curse? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:55 am
XINVADER
My one and only true love in anime, Ranma 1/2. Imean who wouldn't love an anime about a guy that changes into a girl when wet because of a curse? xd
Well it could potentially get disturbing in many ways... I mean imagine you're seeing this pretty girl, but in reality, it's a guy... *shudder*  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:15 pm
A quick heads up to the crew members, I declined a person from the guild because they didn't really say more than 'I love resident evil and have played it for awhile' and then they listed which ones they played. Well, the person (WrestlingLover) messaged me, asking why I declined. I explained why and told him if he really felt he should've been accepted into the guild, he should take it up with another crew member, and then said person ignored me. It's just a quick heads up, because said person may keep bringing it up to each individual crew member until the said individual gets in. Said individual may even report the guild because said individual did not get allowed in.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:55 am
Vash Thompson
A quick heads up to the crew members, I declined a person from the guild because they didn't really say more than 'I love resident evil and have played it for awhile' and then they listed which ones they played. Well, the person (WrestlingLover) messaged me, asking why I declined. I explained why and told him if he really felt he should've been accepted into the guild, he should take it up with another crew member, and then said person ignored me. It's just a quick heads up, because said person may keep bringing it up to each individual crew member until the said individual gets in. Said individual may even report the guild because said individual did not get allowed in.
That's stupid. We get harrassed by them because their request was bad and it's OUR fault. stare  

La Duchesse

XINVADER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:42 am
There should be some kind of response you guys could use in any case to deal with terrible requests, such as:

Denied Request Response
As a guild we feel that your request to join was either "not substantial enough to prove to us you are an avid Resident Evil fan" or "you seem to n00bish" and do not yet have a place as a member. If you wish to contact a moderator about this situation as you believe you should be allowed into the guild then you are entitled to, but any or all repeated harrassment will be delt with how we see fit.

xd How bout that?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:35 am
Well, they don't allow for a written response, which, I think is stupid.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident Isaka
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:03 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, I kinda missed out on Anime North up here in Canada, it was last weekend... I didn't get to go because... Well, I'm too cheap for the subway, let alone the convention fee... But I got money now, a week too late! scream
My friends drove for 6 hours to Toronto and you can't even take the subway? burning_eyes  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games