Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
riddleblack246: TAG YOUR VIBE
based on your favorite episode 3 era

mesopotamia, 3008 b.c.: rainstorms, windswept hair, fear of authority, nursery rhymes, rainbows, fondness for children, fantasy stories

golgotha, 33 a.d.: religious studies, observing from afar, dry heat, the power of names, fabric blowing in the wind, color symbolism, “be kind to each other”

rome, 41 a.d.: shitty alcohol, running into a friend unexpectedly, spices, brooches, blurting out something stupid, seafood, “let me tempt you”

the kingdom of wessex, 537 a.d.: foggy days, capes, black and white color schemes, finding efforts to be for naught, arthurian folklore, horses, needing to have the last word

the globe theatre, london, 1601: fruit, hushed whispers, shakespearean language, needlelace, seeing a crush do something cute, puppy dog eyes, taking a gamble

paris, 1793: excessive fashion, gore, damsel in distress vs. rescuer roles, crepes, “don’t thank me”, being out of practice in something once familiar, asking for trouble

st. james’s park, london, 1862: ducks ponds, sunny afternoons, hiding worry behind anger, regrettable haircuts, secret notes, anxious rambling, regret

london, 1941: candles, playing a part, stained glass, being caught in a lie, dramatic silhouettes, fedoras, unexpected acts of love

soho, london, 1967: hidden backrooms, turtlenecks, gossip, “i’m only doing this for you”, ascots, neon signs, the feeling of utter loneliness as soon as your favorite person leaves, potential futures

The Globe and St. James Park for me. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:10 pm
User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:16 pm
User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:28 pm
meltingpenguins:

Dear Good Omens fandom:

Friendly reminder that Adam, Warlock and Greasy Johnson’s birthdays are on the 20th this month. Which, thankfully, is NOT a Wednesday this year.

(calculation based on dates given in the book for the paintball thing, and the month)

I was just thinking about the fact that Good Omens takes place during the end of summer, thus occurring in the month of August. So, happy early birthday to our "three card switch" babies. xd

Sidenote: If I imagine my OC - who is the offspring of Aziraphale and Crowley - was conceived the night after the Armageddon was stopped, then she would have her birthday in the month of May.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:31 pm
With this in mind, I like the idea of her possibly being a Gemini to go along with the "two parts of a whole" imagery that surrounds Aziraphale and Crowley.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:33 pm
And to go with Christian references, May is considered the month to celebrate Mother Mary. So, that's an interesting connection.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:36 pm
Since I started watching Good Omens on the day after my birthday (birthday is June 21), maybe I should take the date portion and apply it to my character's birthdate. So, she would be born May 22.

Which happens to be Harvey Milk Day in California. xd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:42 pm
User Image

User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:01 pm
Me upon seeing the rainbow-colored frosted cake they're serving with lunch here at work:

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:07 pm
User Image

User Image

Every time I see this view of Crowley's speedometer, my curiousity is always peaked by the location of the 90 mph marker. Like... typically the area it's located is where you'll see maybe the 20 or 30 mph marker. And the 90 marker is usually seen towards the upper right part of the speedometer. So... like... does Crowley's Bentley not even have any speed markers below the 80-90 point? Does the Bentley truly go from 0 to 90 in a few seconds? confused

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:17 pm
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:23 pm
*changes avi outfit* Since I've had my Aziraphale-inspired outfit on for awhile, I decided to attempt making a Crowley-inspired one again. I had to get a couple things to complete it... but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:58 pm
Just read an interesting post about Aziraphale and Crowley's relationship during the periods between Eden and Rome, and it actually makes quite sense.

In short, Crowley becomes smitten at their initial "meetcute" when he hears Aziraphale broke the rules by giving away his sword to Adam and Eve. But the next time they meet Crowley just sees and hears Aziraphale doing and saying the same broken record messages of Heaven, about the "Ineffable Plan." Aziraphale doesn't try to go against the rules despite children and the heavenly son being killed (flood and crucified, respectively). Crowley thinks it must have been a fluke what he saw on that wall on Eden; that Aziraphale isn't different like he originally thought, that he's just another cookie-cut angel following heavenly rules. So, when they meet in Rome, Crowley is being distant with the interaction with Aziraphale. (('Course part of his bad mood is because the human he was supposed to be tempting was already on a head-dive course in that direction on his own. Silly humans.)) Until Aziraphale does another little slip out of the usual angelic norm - "Let me tempt you. Oh, no. That's your job, isn't it?" We see Crowley smile again - a ghost of what we see in Eden but it's there. He realizes he wasn't wrong after all. Aziraphale truly is different.

It all adds up because we do know later on Crowley keeps helping Aziraphale see outside of the heavenly box on the situation. "Armageddon doesn't have to happen if there's no boy." "We're not on opposite sides. We're on our side." So on and so forth. It takes some time for Aziraphale to break out of the heavenly routine he's become so used to... but he does eventually realize, it's not always black and white. There is some gray area. An area where angels can do little temptations and demons can do little miracles. "The Arrangement." "Don't say that!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:02 pm
User Image User Image
User Image User Image
User Image User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:20 pm
User Image

User Image

User Image

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games