Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20470 20471 20472 20473 20474 20475 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Why is it called Black Friday?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Awesome Tree

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)]Black Friday[/url]
The term "Black Friday" originated in Philadelphia in reference to the heavy traffic on that day. More recently, merchants and the media have used it instead to refer to the beginning of the period in which retailers go from being in the red (i.e., posting a loss on the books) to being in the black (i.e., turning a profit).

Black Friday as a term has been used in multiple contexts, going back to the nineteenth century, where it was associated with a financial crisis in 1869. The earliest uses of "Black Friday" to mean the day close to Thanksgiving come from or reference Philadelphia and refer to the heavy traffic on that day.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Lady Laundry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Awesome Tree

You couldn't wiki it yourself?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:36 pm

TtheHero
Awesome Tree

The term "Black Friday" originated in Philadelphia in reference to the heavy traffic on that day. More recently, merchants and the media have used it instead to refer to the beginning of the period in which retailers go from being in the red (i.e., posting a loss on the books) to being in the black (i.e., turning a profit).

Black Friday as a term has been used in multiple contexts, going back to the nineteenth century, where it was associated with a financial crisis in 1869. The earliest uses of "Black Friday" to mean the day close to Thanksgiving come from or reference Philadelphia and refer to the heavy traffic on that day.
I also heard it was the day the stock market crashed, or maybe that was black Thursday. confused

teh_n00b_huntr

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:37 pm

Lady Laundry
Awesome Tree

I did, but I couldn't understand it. I thought since there are a lot of Americans, they would know their not-public-holiday-holidays.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:37 pm

teh_n00b_huntr
TtheHero
Awesome Tree

I also heard it was the day the stock market crashed, or maybe that was black Thursday. confused

That's Black Tuesday.

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Laundry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:43 pm

These snowball throwing koopas won't leave me alone.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Lady Laundry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi Regulust.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:49 pm

Hello Miss. Whoever the hell you are.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:51 pm

Zephyrkitty
teh_n00b_huntr
TtheHero
Awesome Tree

That's Black Tuesday.
I knew it was someday and they labeled it black...... racists. rolleyes

heya Reg
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:52 pm

Awesome Tree
Lady Laundry
Awesome Tree

I did, but I couldn't understand it. I thought since there are a lot of Americans, they would know their not-public-holiday-holidays.

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:53 pm

Howdy, Reg!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:54 pm

Awesome Tree
Awesome Tree
Lady Laundry
Awesome Tree

I read it the first time.

Lady Laundry

Montiqueue

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:56 pm

*sob*
Poor Hash..... crying
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20470 20471 20472 20473 20474 20475 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games