Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Shinygami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:33 pm
I always thought qualms meant regrets?

Ah well, screw it, I have no prior quarrel with you Tana, so I shall not puruse this or try to prove you wrong.

Angel has the right idea, albeit a bit too hyper for my blood.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:36 pm
Just had a shower. It felt good! I'm so clean! *Dances more*  

FallenAngel0127

Shinygami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:38 pm
Ah.

I just don't dance. Period.

Unless it's of the ballroom variety, because I cannot dance to any of that so-called dance music which involves hip-shaking and thrusting that makes one look as though they are enjoying air a bit too much.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:39 pm
Just for my sake (as a writer and educator)
qualm (n): 1. an uneasy feeling or pang of conscience as to conduct.

And besides; I'm unique and like to use strange words in strange situations. I do see where quarrel might have been a good choice. But to have a quarrel with someone is to already be in conflict, albeit it can be one-sided with the other unaware.

This was just for educational purposes - as you said: "no prior quarrel" applies for me as well. smile

Tanakietsu

FallenAngel0127

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:41 pm
Awww, well I'll dance around you! *Dances in circling*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:41 pm
I'd dance, but I'm rather occupied with work. surprised  

Tanakietsu

Shinygami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:42 pm
Very nice to see others who enjoy proper grammar.

It is most enjoyable to speak with people like you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:43 pm
I highlighted some stuff for my english paper but I lost my notecards... thankfully they hadn't been used.  

FallenAngel0127

Shinygami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:45 pm
Unfortunately, I must leave, seeing as my return to school is tomorrow.

I think now that I've met two friendly people in this guild I might be a bit more active in OOC discussion.

See y'all elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:46 pm
Bye!!!  

FallenAngel0127

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:46 pm
All of the respect must not be mine alone. You as well deserve commendation for your aptitude for keeping me on my toes with your conversational matter. surprised As a columnist and a novelist, it is my job to be full-time grammar nazi for my work and others (even when they don't want it). In addition I find it enjoyable to help others when they have reached a point where they do not understand something involving writing or language, granted I can only help with English and moderate Italian (which so many people mistake for Spanish).

There are many times; however, when I am not always so "a**l" so to say - such as when I am frequenting this thread. I find myself able to relax, but at the same time I still enjoy the company of those who would like to talk about something that matters (significance level need not apply).

In a condensed form for people who do not want to read all of that: I love to talk, I love to write, I love grammar, and I love helping people! surprised

Edit: Farewell, Shiny!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:09 pm
The first law of thermodynamics (the one which you incorrectly quote) states that neither matter nor energy is ever created or destroyed. They both merely shift from one to another; energy becomes matter, and matter becomes energy. It is a continuous harmonic cycle that occurs in fractions of s second every second.

To continue with your atomic bomb example, the bomb's matter was converted to energy the moment it detonated. Then, the energy converted back to stable matter.

The law has been proven, hence why it is a law.

Also, there is no scientific evidence for the existence of dark matter; it is only theorized. You may have been thinking about antimatter, which has been created in labs.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:17 pm
Yoder is so smart. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:19 pm
Nah, I just stay informed (and love science classes). *gluggles Tana*  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:25 pm
whee I was never fond of science classes - I liked to stick with my social sciences and literature/writing! *gluggles Snowman* I recreated my OOC miniforum thingermobobber.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games