Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:14 pm
*waves a small "Go Mou!' flag* That's kickass. xp

A quick note because this is what drives me nuts: Schizophrenia is NOT the same as MPD (multiple-personality-disorder) which is NOT the same as being bipolar...

schizophrenia actually attacks the neurons in your brain and you hallucinate.

MPD involves have several distinct personalities.

bipolar is extreme ups and down (manic depressive)
sorry...my own slightly OCD tendency has been revealed![/rant]

As for you pic Tana, for some reason I've seen you before...perhaps earlier. Jeff Goldblum: eh...not nuts about him although I like his character from Jurassic Park (not him. big difference razz )

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:35 pm
I wouldn't consider that OCD, EKA-chan. That's just annoyance at a misconception. Frankly, they're not easy to confuse. I also happen to hate it when people get their facts wrong.

Also, I haven't gluggled in a while. *gluggles EKA*  

Trowa The Fearless

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:48 pm
It's not so much having the facts messed up. It's more that people don't know the difference because psychology keeps changing the names of things (it's like how the word "colored" was considered polite in my grandpa's time because it was better than the "n" word as my school likes to call it) For instance: I read something a few months ago that was saying that anorexia is now called something like "body perception disorder." MPD, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder used to all be called on thing: schizophrenia. But now they've been separated to be more specific. *shrugs* MD's are nuts, what I don't get is why they don't change the spelling of the word "cervical" as it can currently be applied to both spinal issues and problems of a more *cough* feminine nature. Now is that a very good idea? "This person needs a cervical collar immediately!" me="Er...but it says 'male' on his form..." *awkward*

4laugh *is gluggled*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:56 pm
sweatdrop My last relations with psychology was half a decade ago. So I'm pretty sure I've forgotten lots. Thanks for correcting me. >_<  

Tanakietsu

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:03 pm
No prob. >.< I went through a phase last year and read up a ton on psych, so it's a heart of mine. Anywhoo.

How is everyone cette jour?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:06 pm
Today I went to the club for about an hour, and then after that, I went to the gym for an hour and a half. Not a good idea. gonk

heart Oh, and the reason I look familiar, /is/ that I've posted a (half) face picture of myself before on here. 3nodding *huggle* heart

Tanakietsu

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:12 pm
That would certainly explain it... 3nodding

I just finished reading A Farewell to Arms...and so now all I associate with Italy is alcohol...it's horrible really how much they drink in that book. The best one is the doctor telling Catherine to drink beer (even though she's preggers) cause it'll keep the baby small which is good cause she's got small hips. Go figure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:15 pm
*needs to post in Shino* sweatdrop

Nah, roleplaying as someone completely different helsp you explore you further explore your personality.

Here, you guys pretty much see all of me that there is.

There is a large difference between having a broad varied personality (normal) and having many (MPD).

*is also a little bit OCD*  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:15 pm
In actuality, we're not the largest amount of alcohol consumers, but we do drink a quite a little bit. sweatdrop I'm pretty sure we don't drink quite /that/ much, however. I've read that book, and I feel quite bad for my new mother country. You should associate Italy with the awesome me. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:18 pm
Having examined the evidence, I think I can say that Tana is not as beautiful as me. not if thats him in his sig pic.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:20 pm
It doesn't show my awesome hair. You'd be surprised at the hair.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:21 pm
*will try harder to keep Italy associated with pasta and Tana instead of existentialist baby killers, alcohol, and war* sweatdrop

I haven't done anything nuts with my hair lately *sadness* I should. I had it rainbow stripped at the end of last year and purple before that...Hmm.

Electric Kool-Aid

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:23 pm
After I got the last piercing I'll ever have done - I decided to shave off my hair except the very front, and spike it. I have about four inch bleached spikes at the front (which I'm eventually dying green) and the rest is nice and shaved. x3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:31 pm
I was totally going to shave my head, and then...Brittany Spears beat it to me. Seriously I was thinking about it that week and then she did and I was like...well...nope there goes that idea! But I want my eyebrow pierced, I'll probably do it for my 18th b-day which is coming up!  

Electric Kool-Aid

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:33 pm
Even though she did that, it doesn't mean she pulled it off. You totally could. Women with shaved heads are (usually) pretty attractive. Congrats on your up-coming 18th!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games