Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HeroRat

4,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:49 am
Hello everybody! I'm 14 years old. I currently go to a agricultural high school to study animal science. I'm thinking of becoming a canine major.

Anyways I live in the U.S. I like making dollhouse miniatures out of clay and fabric and so on. Unfortunately I'm really not that good at it lol.

So hope to get to know you all better soon!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:15 am
Hi all!
I am Tara, and I am 38 years old.
Yeah, I know. I am old wink
I started crafting around age 3, and have dabbled in or mastered most, and now am a professional fine artist living in the deep woods of Minnesota with my two kids ( who introduced me to Gaia) my Fiancee, and a gaggle of pets and poultry.

I have been a teacher and artist-in-residence and director at a community art studio (now belly-up due to lack of arts funding) and I create because I cannot *not* create!

Thank you for allowing me into your guild. I hope I can be a productive member of your community!

You can see some of my work, and more about me here: http://ladyabsinthe.deviantart.com/  

Absinthefairy1969

Toshiko Sato

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 am
I go by more names than an international spy. As a Roleplayer, it's one of the side effects. I've been artistic since I was a baby, having inherited it from my Gran, who's an artist. I do mostly 3D stuff, since I suck at actual 'art' in the 2 dimensional sense. I can't draw worth a damned, but give me a piece of paper, and you can get anything. I started doing Origami over a decade ago (I'm 22-ish... I think. I keep forgetting my exact age. Too troublesome.), and since, I've even made my own designs. It's an addiction. I don't even realise I'm doing it, half the time, I just look down and the paper has morphed into something else.

I'm also into writing (as is explained by my being a Roleplayer), reading, and general fantasy. I sew, too (my own skin among other things... I sew designs into my skin, under the first layer of skin with thread), and enjoy making characters like tekteks and SIMS.

I'm working on writing up my patterns for my personal origami designs, but some of them are just on instinct, so I'd have to reverse engineer them.... And, as I said, I suck at drawing, so the patterns would look like crap.

Yeah, long as 'ell... but I'm a writer, nutter, and so long-winded no ship would suffer doldrums in my presence!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:17 am
Hello everyone ! 3nodding

At first, I want to thanks the captain and vice-captains to accept me in the guild.

On most website I'm at, I call myself ladynarutochan which I use here too as its my main account name. So this one is my mule or better said the account of my Ball jointed Doll Astrée de Ronda for the little history...

About me now... I'm an 22 years old (2nd october 85) French girl who like drawing, anime/mangas, Sci-fi, role playing and dolls... I always liked sculpted doll and statues, but never had the courage of doing one myself, but since I discovered the world of BJDs I want to try making one..Before that I was more a paper doll and doll clothes maker than anything else...

My weakness is that I have two left hands ! XD I must really work on something and do it more than one time to get it approximately right sweatdrop

Can't link my work for the moment as I'm relatively new at sculpting and what I did in the past weeks isn't on my deviant art yet... So you will have to wait just a bit, sorry >.<
-> http://www.deviantart.com/  

AstreeDeRonda

sukuiddo

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:58 am
Hi!! I'm Allyoucaneater but you guys... and girls can call me Ally. I'm 15 and I'm from Malaysia... which is situated at southeast asia if I recall correctly...
I'm actually a newbie with sculpturing and charm making and stuff like that... I just started like.... 6 months ago maybe? I'm not sure myself sweatdrop
My specialty is... well... none yet since I just started... and I can't sew so yeah... stare
I know I can draw but that doesn't count methinks.... yep I'm sure that does not count...

You can look at my sculpture AT MY MEMBER GALLERY (I'm not sure when I will put the charms in... gotta stop procrastinating and finish them first... gonk )  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:47 am
● basic details like your age and country
17, Israel.

● how long you've been into sculpture and craft
With sewing and embroidering since the age of four, patchworks and jewelries only a month ago.

● What got you into it
My mother, who has taught me to embroider and sew since I was three years old (she is also doing those kinds of things since a very yearly age, as an hobby).

● what you consider your specialties/weaknesses
I am not quite sure about my specialties, but when it comes to weaknesses, I tend to be a terribly perfectionist most of the time in anything I do.

Einllikoach

Miz Opal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:23 am
Hi! My name is Heather, but Opal's fine, it's my birthstone. I'm from the US, in the South. I'm 23. My mom taught me to straight stitch when I was 9 or 10, so I could make pillows and clothes for my Barbies. I've always drawn, but consider that to be my weakest area. I love to paint with acrylics, which is often the final touch to the purses I make from recycled blue jeans. I make stitched glass and semiprecious stone jewelry. I've dabbled in mineral clay and loved it, but haven't had the moolah to get back into it. I used to make cute little dolls out of polymer clay, with cloth dresses, moving limbs, soft hair, and hats. I also make bendy fairies from chenille stems, fabric, silk flowers, wooden beads, and doll hair. These are just the things I've done more than twice, I also dabble in any craft I take interest in from tv and books. I also love to put together costumes (wicked ones)from thrift shop/dollar store items, equalling less than $25.
I have yet to get any kind of selling option off the ground, but may start a hyenacart account with a couple friends.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:04 pm
Greetings! I'm 19 years old, and I live in the U.S. Just refer to me as "FRAGILE book," please. ^^;

Since I was young, I would make cheap holiday/event cards for friends and family. I lived in Japan several years ago, and during that time, I visited several stationery stores; they soon became my favorite type of store to wander around in. :) Since then, I decided to focus my artwork not only on drawing, but stationery as well. I am currently in the process of creating my own online stationery shop. ^^

I guess my strengths are cute, simple designs. My pieces are usually small, too. My main weakness is probably that I'm still learning how to balance colors in an appealing way on cards.

You can view some of my work on my deviantART page.  

FRAGILE book

meemeh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:54 pm
Hello!
My name is Mimi and I live in Florida, USA,
and I am 14 years old (I don't particularly like revealing this! sweatdrop ).
I attend Design and Architecture Senior High.
I only just started sculpting the beginning of this school year.
So, I guess I don't have much experience.
However, I have worked with paper, wire, and metal (and next, with anything we want smile ).
Well, I do feel as though I've learned alot this year.
Plus, I study architecture, and we make 3D models of our buildings that we design.
I got into sculpting because I joined the school I am in now. lol
I am a perfectionist and I always try to produce quality work.
I don't really know about my specialties, but it could be
creating abstract and/or biomorphic sculptures.
I usually don't have my sculptures look like anything.
My weaknesses? Anything that includes extreme physical labor.
I'm a petite person... So physical stuff is especially challenging for me. xO
(Yes, that metal sculpture was really hard for me! gonk )
Oh, and I get stressed easily. sweatdrop

Anyway, I like to meet new people and have fun,
so if you ever want to talk to me about anything,
feel free to do so! 3nodding

Oh yeah!
And here are three pics I took of my wire sculpture.
These are all pictures I took myself with my teacher's camera.
(I'll take more pics of my work later. I have to ask him if I could use it again. ><)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/Mimiru010/DSC_2583v2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/Mimiru010/DSC_2589v2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/Mimiru010/DSC_2583DETAIL.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:00 pm
Hi everyone! I'm Naomi, but Lale works just as well. I'm 17 in the midwest of the U. S.

I go to an art school where I've majored in costuming for 5 years now. This year, my costuming teacher added another class for the best of her students called AP 3D Studio Art. I've always had an interest in doing things with my hands, so this worked very well. Most of my talent revolves around textiles, but this new class has made me branch out and try other things. I'm horrible at deadlines though, and my inspiration seems too sporadic to carry me very far.

I'd put up pictures of my work, but I don't yet have a way of doing that. I will show everyone as soon as I can, though. In the meantime, I'm here mostly for inspiration and to widen my eyes to everyone's talents.  

Lale_Sertaga

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:52 pm
Hello all! I'm Holly, 26, from the USA. I'm a sculpture/ceramics major in school at the moment. I'm also big into indie crafts which means I spend a lot of time on http://www.etsy.com. (Go Etsy!) It's nice to finally find find a guild that I'm interested in joining smile It's also nice to see some older gaians on here! I don't really talk much on here because everyone is typically so young. I can't wait to get to know everyone! heart domokun heart  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:38 am
Hello Im Zoey!
New here and bad at keeping my grammar proper while online mostly due to laziness! go me! lol. Anyways I'm big into crocheting and hope to make a website dedicated to it and making it into a tutorial and selling site. That goal is down the road though. For now Im just happy working on my projects and trying out new crafts whenever I get the chance!  

Zoey Storm

Jana Lyneu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:18 am
Hiya!
I'm from California's Bay Area and am older than I can count on fingers and toes wink
With artists, crafters, cooks and construction workers on both sides of the family, there was pretty much no chance I wouldn't be interested in the creative side of life. I've dabbled in quite a few crafts over the years, but have recently started getting better... sort of...
Besides having to do art just to get the dang stuff out of my head blaugh I've gotten bit by the BJD bug, and have recently gotten into more things like sewing, wigmaking and miniature jewelry, because even if you can find just what you want out there, it costs an arm and a leg to ship it stare
My specialities are jewelry (I have some designs up for sale in various places), shrinking patterns (both crochet and sewing!) and crafting to scale... My weakness is actually finding the time to make and finish these things sweatdrop
Thank you for letting me in the guild! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:49 am
*waves*
Hi! My name is Katie and I'm a 20 year old from Nashville, TN, USA.
I have a rather different medium for my art...duct tape!
I've been making fashion accessories out of duct tape since I was 13 and have now started my own business called Fashions That Stick!
I'd say my weakness is finding the time to finish a deadline for someone when I have other things going on in life and trying to find the exact colors they need for the best price. It means a lot of late nights. xD
But I am quite happy with my skill. It takes a lot of work because sometimes, the tape has a mind of its own. xD

Here's my deviantART.

iCamo

Chatty Noob

5,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Married 100

Mizamina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:55 am
Heyloo!
I'm Abi (aka Miz)
I'm 14 and I am in to miniature sculpture using clay. When I say miniature I mean very miniature smile I use Fimo that I can bake in the oven. I live in England.
I also do stop motion animation, which I love.
I like doing sculpture because it is the one thing that always relaxes me. No matter how tiring my day I can come home and do some clay at the kitchen table (I must here thank my ever suffering family) and it always relaxes me.
My sig is my little Teddy, Gadol. He is fimo.  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games