Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
1k Comp :: Fab Prizes :: Newbies come & talk! <3 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibito7

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:13 am
What's bubble tea? O=

I knooooow. Both HK and China have wonderful ice lollies. *longs for one now*

Our school food's not great either, but it's edible, and the ice-cream (on the rare occasion they serve it) is actually pretty nice. Then again, they give you the tiniest bit. rolleyes I believe my school underfeeds me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:09 am
Really?! Our school's food is so fattening. I swear i've put on more than 2 stone since i came here (2 years ago).

You've never heard of bubble tea?! HOW? It's the most delicious drink ever... Basically it's a bit like smoothie but with more bits in it and with these bubbly pearl things at the bottom which can taste a bit like icing sugar... And you can get it hot in China (but it's a powder drink) that you have on cold days.

User Image
That was the most exquisite picture i could find xD

It was 6th form muck up day today xD It was way better than last year. We got ice cream and bouncy castle thing! But the cheeseburgers were quite... icky blaugh .

@ Niphz: where did you get all those beer bottles and beer cans from?! Don't tell me you spent all night... Actually, once i think about it, some of you did look a bit hyper (i.e. falling around the stage in laughter). Liking the Loquacious Lucy thing xD  

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:33 pm
WOOOOO 6F MUCK-UP DAY YAAAAAAAAYYYYY <3 <3 <3 BEST MUCK-UP DAY EVEEEEERRR.

Ahem. Yeah. xDD;;

Yeah lunch was like a fun McDonald's thing.. I was quite high.. but only on Red Bull and sherbert and coffee, 'cause we didn't sleep until like 1 (I stayed over in school) and got up at half five to put stuff up... and I didn't have breakfast either.. the inflatable assault course was JUST THE BEST THING EVER, soo amazing with all the years just mixing and having fun..

We'd been collecting the alcohol bottles.. (since, like, last week, or something. Our year is good at drinking XDDD) <3 The reports were sooo amazing! Just like SO GOOD, esp Scaz's one..

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:44 am
xd Sounds like Niph's Upper Sixth had a blast. *siiigh* Can't believe our year is gonna be the oldest year in school in a month's time. So weird.

I don't think this year's U6 have had their 'muck-up day' yet. Last year was hilarious - they put up posters of all the teachers around school, with 'WANTED' and why they were wanted on them, e.g. Mrs Maher, head of history, had one saying 'WANTED for Louis loving'. rofl (Louis XIV)

Maaa... will Niphy still be around when she goes to uni? ;_;

And, my parents have basically asked me not to apply to any London unis cause it's such expensive living costs. I don't mind too much really, but this means I won't be applying to UCL, which was originally my third choice. It's probably gonna be... um, Oxbridge, Durham, York... Warwick is a possible, but I don't want to go for too many uber good ones, in case I don't get in (I need a safety net of sorts!), but then again, I won't get a good job if I just go to some random crappy uni.

And back to the subject of food for a sec - my school's food is pretty healthy... sometimes so healthy I just stare at the food and think 'WTF is that?!' They've probably got loads of s**t in it, but, it's not junk food, for sure.  

Chibito7

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:44 am
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I am really annoyed at the moment because i spent the last hour on a very detailed age-long reply in the forums and then when i pressed submit, it had logged me off, and when i pressed back it said permission error!!!! stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed

Lol Mrs scarrow's report: Jan seldom smiles
why did you make it so short?

I like Maidmoselle Triangle's one though. "OKAI!!!". You should have mentioned something about her frequent "ON ECOUTE"s. She says it with a really funny low then high pitched voice as well. It sounds like a fire engine siren xD  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:05 am
Eck, I forgot to say, I do know what 'bubble tea' is. I've had it before, but it's too milky for my tastes, and it wasn't in as exotic colours as in that pic. xd Hm, in Cantonese, it's called 'zan zhu lai cha', ne? [can't spell Canto pinyin...]

Isn't it annoying when the net/PC does that? mad  

Chibito7

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:09 am
Yeah. In Mandarin it's "milk tea" or "pearl tea" isn't it? I think.
When i had the warm version in China i told them i wanted strawberry and it came up with this gorgeously delicious pink colour xD  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:06 pm
Bubble tea? X"DD I once saw it spelt as "Boba tea" lulz. <3
I drink it all the time...but I like coconut jellies more than tapioca for some reason. :BBB

a- K0KO-

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:51 am
Lol. Boba tea.

For some reason the word "boba" (not that it is one) always reminds me of fish. I'm just weird xD

Unfortunately the last time i drank bubble tea was last summer when i went back to china... crying you don't get it much in England.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:47 pm
XDD
Connections, I guess.

Really? o Ao I thought they were populated everywhere.

a- K0KO-

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:46 am
Well it could be
Boba>bob>fish bobbing in the water
OR
Boba>bubble>water>fish xd

I haven't yet seen a cafe in England which sells Bubble tea. According to my friend there's some in London.

Actually this conversation is kind of running thin... change of subject maybe?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:16 pm
How about music? such as what you listen to.  

berryscary1

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:46 pm
AT: Pink hair @__@;;
Exchange: wtf @ deflation

COLDPLAY'S NEW ALBUM = LOVE UPON LOVE. <3

Art: give free art? <3
Guilds: we need to recruit, guys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:53 pm
I'll look it up.  

berryscary1

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:17 am
I don't like modern music. I find it very distracting. How can you concentrate on even talking when you have Pendulum or whatever blaring "Propane Nightmares" into your ear? My friends are convinced that I listen to Beethoven in my spare time because of that stare . But just about the only song (well, it's a tune, actually) i do like is Inochi No Namae (The Name of Life) from the movie/anime Spirited Away. It's a very pretty tune xD  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff