Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Where is Capcom taking this? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident Evil is
  Going down the toilet quickly, but the classics are still just that: Classic.
  Getting better and better with every game.
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:11 pm
Funny you should mention how RE4 was more popular and earned Resident Evil more 'fans'. Those people aren't fans. Sure, you might like the other games, but half those people will never play the classic RE games. They aren't fans.
As for the over the shoulder realism aspect. If that's all that mattered, every single game in the world would be a first person shooter.
You know in what way the classic RE games are realistic? In that, "It's like I'm watching a movie" way. And that's what RE started out as, it was supposed to be like playing a movie. The camera angles, seeing the enemies behind the characters. It was made like a movie, and that's what I liked about RE in the first place.
With RE4, all you're doing is staring at Leon's a** the whole time, and if you like that sort of thing, then enjoy. I'll stick to my static camera angles, thank you.

If Street Fighter really had street rules, a lot more characters in it would be packing 2 by 4s and iron pipes. Broken bottles... If anything goes, why don't they use weapons? As for Devil May Cry, don't even get me started on how retarded the character's powers are. Please... Stabbing a sword into a guy, then unloading your gun in it, first bullet hitting the handle of the sword, and every other bullet hitting the previous bullet to hammer the sword into the enemy? All done in mid air? That's just stupid. Maybe the devil is crying because Capcom are idiots for implementing stuff like that in.

An overwhelming and painful feeling caused by something frightfully shocking, terrifying, or revolting... The only revolting part of Resident Evil 4 was how much they bastardized the series.
Maybe being in a foreign country with people trying to kill you would be scary if I was actually there, but I'm not. I'm staring at a screen, and I wasn't scared. I never even jumped.

Just because times change, gameplay changes etc. Doesn't mean that I have to like it, and it doesn't mean I have to buy into it. And yes, I'm happily getting of the s**t pile of a train that Resident Evil has become.

I love the Resident Evil series. And I will keep playing Resident Evil series til I die. But no, RE4 is not a real Resident Evil game. And as far as I'm concerned, its storyline never happened in the Resident Evil universe.
Sure, maybe that makes me and some other people a little conservative. But I'm just trying to preserve what Resident Evil was, for myself. Otherwise, I'll just start hating the entire series, like I hate Resident Evil 4.
I may not have created the game, but Capcom can't tell me what I should accept as Canon, and Capcom can't force me to buy their games. As far as I'm concerned, Resident Evil 4 never happened.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:31 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

You know in what way the classic RE games are realistic? In that, "It's like I'm watching a movie" way. And that's what RE started out as, it was supposed to be like playing a movie. The camera angles, seeing the enemies behind the characters. It was made like a movie, and that's what I liked about RE in the first place.

If Street Fighter really had street rules, a lot more characters in it would be packing 2 by 4s and iron pipes. Broken bottles... If anything goes, why don't they use weapons? As for Devil May Cry, don't even get me started on how retarded the character's powers are. Please... Stabbing a sword into a guy, then unloading your gun in it, first bullet hitting the handle of the sword, and every other bullet hitting the previous bullet to hammer the sword into the enemy? All done in mid air? That's just stupid. Maybe the devil is crying because Capcom are idiots for implementing stuff like that in.

An overwhelming and painful feeling caused by something frightfully shocking, terrifying, or revolting... The only revolting part of Resident Evil 4 was how much they bastardized the series.
Maybe being in a foreign country with people trying to kill you would be scary if I was actually there, but I'm not. I'm staring at a screen, and I wasn't scared. I never even jumped.

Just because times change, gameplay changes etc. Doesn't mean that I have to like it, and it doesn't mean I have to buy into it. And yes, I'm happily getting of the s**t pile of a train that Resident Evil has become.

I love the Resident Evil series. And I will keep playing Resident Evil series til I die. But no, RE4 is not a real Resident Evil game. And as far as I'm concerned, its storyline never happened in the Resident Evil universe.
Sure, maybe that makes me and some other people a little conservative. But I'm just trying to preserve what Resident Evil was, for myself. Otherwise, I'll just start hating the entire series, like I hate Resident Evil 4.
I may not have created the game, but Capcom can't tell me what I should accept as Canon, and Capcom can't force me to buy their games. As far as I'm concerned, Resident Evil 4 never happened.

1. with the whole movie bit. i would rather feel like im actually fighting to survive then watching someone try to survive.

2. with street fighter. well they didn't pack weapons and the fighters would probably prefer fighting with thier body instead of using knives and bottles. what i meant with anything goes is that you can hit below the waist if you feel like. if being able to use dirt in the game was put in then i would definitely do that. Devil may cry is dealing with supernatural beings beyond humans so yeah devil may cry is actually non-realistic with action. with RE i had a grenade launcher to blow enemies up but i couldn't blow up a wooden door.

3. people have different opinions of what horrifies them. RE4 did scare me at some parts. Like fighting "IT".

4.Capcom is not telling you to accept what is canon. they are saying it is canon.

5. resident evil 4 did happen and it was a fun game.

6.if you're getting off the train then i suggest you get out of the forums too.  

Blackartist19

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:37 pm
Well, the problem is, RE started off as playing out like a movie. That was the foundation of the series. It's what RE veterans fell in love with. Where were you when RE1, 2 or 3 came out?

Capcom can say what they want. I simply don't consider RE4 as part of the series. And I'm happier that way.

Oh and uhh... Don't tell me to get off the forums. People in this guild like the CLASSICS of Resident Evil. And if you can't deal with the fact that RE4 is getting bashed, then maybe you should get off the forums. Because last time I checked, there was no rule that says, "You must love every RE title ever created."
I'm here to talk good about the classic RE games. I hate Resident Evil 4. Many people here do. Get over it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:47 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, the problem is, RE started off as playing out like a movie. That was the foundation of the series. It's what RE veterans fell in love with. Where were you when RE1, 2 or 3 came out?

Capcom can say what they want. I simply don't consider RE4 as part of the series. And I'm happier that way.

Oh and uhh... Don't tell me to get off the forums. People in this guild like the CLASSICS of Resident Evil. And if you can't deal with the fact that RE4 is getting bashed, then maybe you should get off the forums. Because last time I checked, there was no rule that says, "You must love every RE title ever created."
I'm here to talk good about the classic RE games. I hate Resident Evil 4. Many people here do. Get over it.

now you are putting words in my mouth. i never said that i couldn't handle RE4 getting bashed. now where was i when the first three came out. well i was in school and we never had a TV or a playstation nor did i had any friends that played the game until i was 16. I don't think that my growing up in poverty should nullify my right to play the game. RE4 is not my most favorite RE game. i liked the REmake better because all i did in that game was pulling off barry sander moves on the infected. what i do like about RE 4 is that it is going in a different direction other than having undead people but holds still to the name Biohazard. I can't wait for 5.  

Blackartist19

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:48 pm
I don't think he understands who he's messin' with, Bio.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:50 pm
Blackartist19
Biohazard EXTREME

now you are putting words in my mouth. i never said that i couldn't handle RE4 getting bashed. now where was i when the first three came out. well i was in school and we never had a TV or a playstation nor did i had any friends that played the game until i was 16. I don't think that my growing up in poverty should nullify my right to play the game. RE4 is not my most favorite RE game. i liked the REmake better because all i did in that game was pulling off barry sander moves on the infected. what i do like about RE 4 is that it is going in a different direction other than having undead people but holds still to the name Biohazard. I can't wait for 5.

Well, that's your opinion. I disagree with it. I sold my RE4, Umbrella Chronicles, and I'm not gonna bother buying RE5. You can, I really don't care.
But don't be telling me to leave the forums.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:56 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Blackartist19
Biohazard EXTREME

Well, that's your opinion. I disagree with it. I sold my RE4, Umbrella Chronicles, and I'm not gonna bother buying RE5. You can, I really don't care.
But don't be telling me to leave the forums.

well you got your money or at least some of your money back. and the same goes for you about telling me to leave the forums. I am not trying to convince everyone to like the game. i am telling everyone that this is what capcom is doing and how that RE4 is not betraying its predecessors.

i respect that you are a RE veteran but I don't respect your opinion of me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:58 pm
Well, personally, I feel like it did betray its predecessors.

And I never even told you my opinion of you, so how can you not respect it?  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:04 pm
Blackartist, you have a noble cause, but I'm afraid that you aren't going to sway anyone's opinions on this matter.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, personally, I feel like it did betray its predecessors.

And I never even told you my opinion of you, so how can you not respect it?

welllllll you don't have to tell me your opinion of me directly. but i am guessing that your opinion of me is a non veteran for RE that is a fanboy of RE4. RE4 did have a lot of flaws. the biggest one was ashley(friggin girl couldn't even use a knife. if you like playing classics then play classics. My opinion of you is that you are an old school player of RE.  

Blackartist19

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:11 pm
You can like and play whatever you want. Just because someone likes something I don't, doesn't mean my opinion of them is lower. I'm not that elitist.

Sure, you can call me an old school player of RE, if you want. But that also means I don't have to acknowledge the new school RE. Which I don't intend to. Capcom can do whatever they want. I'm not interested.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:13 pm
hold on i got a question what the hell is Degeneration? i never even heard of it.  

Blackartist19

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:16 pm
Capcom is working on a Resident Evil movie done all in CGI. Kinda like Capcom's answer to Square Enix's "FF7 Advent Children" I guess. Again, not something I'm gonna be getting into.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:23 pm
REaceofclubs
Blackartist, you have a noble cause, but I'm afraid that you aren't going to sway anyone's opinions on this matter.

i am not here to sway. im merely explaining what capcom is doing.  

Blackartist19

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:24 pm
I know what they're doing. I just don't like it.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff