Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NekrotikKannibal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:23 pm
Well, I suppose it's time for me to introduce myself as I've not yet done that. So, here we go. I am really quite terrible at these sorts of things so I apologize in advance if my introduction is not as good as it could be.

My name is Elizabeth and I'm 23. I just recently graduated from college with my Bachelor's of Arts degree in Psychology and two minors in Medieval Studies and English with a concentration in Literature. I'm supposed to be looking for a job at the moment but, well, I suppose you can see how that's going. As with school, I get a bit side-tracked when I'm on the internet. Anyway, I live with my boyfriend of a year and a half. He's a boxing coach which is how we met. I do box although I don't consider myself to be any good at it.

Now, for why I'm here. I've been interested in the occult since I was about 10 years old. So, for anyone that doesn't want to do the math, that equals out to 13 years. My interest initially started out with such things as ESP, telekinesis, clairvoyance, psychometry, etc. From there, it branched out into the paranormal, crop circles, ley lines, dowsing, witchcraft, etc. I have a deep interest in reportedly "unusual" sites such as Stonehenge, the Bermuda Triangle, etc.

I do not profess a belief in any religion. I have an interest in many different religions but primarily Buddhism as well as pagan religions such as Druidism and Celtic beliefs. I also have a deep interest in and love of faeries and other such mystical/magical creatures.

I have had some experiences with the paranormal, primarily in my own home. I am also visited every so often in my dreams by deceased family members. I am not visited very often usually only immediately after the person has passed on or during times of deep stress. I seem to have inherited these abilities from my mother and her side of the family. My mother is also visited every so often by deceased family members in dreams and I have a cousin who is a professed psychic.

My boyfriend (who shares my interest in the occult and the paranormal) and I are working on a website dedicated to the paranormal. We're keeping to our area (city and state) as we are going to travel to collect stories. We're planning on collecting stories of little known haunted areas in our state as well as urban legends/stories of paranormal creatures (goatman, etc).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:09 pm
NecroticCreepShow

Welcome to the guild!  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Gijett

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:11 pm
Sure is quiet here... Anyways!

I'm just called Gijett here, my main focus being vested in psionics. Along with that, I enjoy different mythology and folklore from around the world, meditating and conversing with various flora, and am interested in lucid dreaming. Not much to say other than that! Heh...

I hope we all have a wondrous time together! blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:58 pm
Gijett

Yeah, sorry about that. Hopefully things will pick up soon, we've got quite a few new members. It's nice to meet you!  

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Yogurto

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:21 pm
Gijett

I'm just called Gijett here, my main focus being vested in psionics. Along with that, I enjoy different mythology and folklore from around the world, meditating and conversing with various flora, and am interested in lucid dreaming. Not much to say other than that! Heh...

hi there! glad to have you. i'd love to hear more about your experiences with plants. maybe you'll post about it in the near future?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:30 pm
Yogurto
Gijett

hi there! glad to have you. i'd love to hear more about your experiences with plants. maybe you'll post about it in the near future?

Sure! I've been thinking of writing something about it in the techniques and methods section sometime soon, just need to find the wording for it.  

Gijett

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:59 pm
Hi. I just got my membership approved today!

Let's see.....well, I'm pretty new. In the beginning. And a beginner. But, at the same time, I think I may be a little scattered, since I never had any formal training. Scattered, as in maybe not being so beginner-y in some things as in others.

My interest in the occult has been, more or less, life-long, though. So, the exposure isn't new.

I've made some study of the ancient mythologies (Egyptian, Greek, and some probably rather condensed Irish) and am reading a book (that turned out to be more of a primer - but a needed one) on Babylonian myth (well, that and Assyrian). I practice magick and am just getting into sigils/magick squares. I'd like to develop my more "inner" abilities (like things that generally begin with "tele", etc.).

I don't know. I guess that's enough info for now.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:57 pm
Hello all!
Introductions...where to begin?
Well I was baptized and raised Episcopalian.. I started becoming interested in darker things when I hit puberty (big surprise huh?) it all really began when one of my friends showed me how to channel my energy and partially leave the body. I became more sensitive to "the other side" not that I can see ghosts or anything,just more acute to the sounds and presence of smaller mischief makers. Also around that time I started to draw more dark characters, such as oni and succubi. And I still do,though they have gotten more twisted over time. That seems pretty good for now..

Oh! One more thing about me. I can completely clear my mind and partial project at will.  

MairuiMarie

8,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Kranich

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:34 pm
Hello.

I'm Mikey, I would've posted in here a long time ago, but no computer during a long move.

So yeah... That being said...

Hi.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:24 pm
Kranich
Hello.

I'm Mikey, I would've posted in here a long time ago, but no computer during a long move.

Hi.

Welcome to the guild. I like your avatar.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Kranich

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:26 pm
Obscurus
Kranich
Hello.

Hi.

Thank you, I like yours as well. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:30 pm
Kranich
Obscurus
Kranich
Hello.

Hi.

Thank you, I like yours as well. smile

Thanks. I've been reading Donald Tyson's Necronomicon lately.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Lord mokoma

Unbeatable Survivor

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:16 pm
My story is long and complicared. It involves betrayel and other thinhs that people lack to care about. I study the brain and nervous system and I specialize in hullucinations. Im not the type to care about much but currently im working on how to make a dead body not turn to ashes when its soul leaves. I know how to modify souls and make copies but im having trouble in keeping the body stable. I came here to learn and observe. Oh yeah you can call me moko.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:23 am
Hi I'm Apple I'm 21 and an avid knowledge seeker is the best way to describe me. I enjoy learning about religions, the human mind, paranormal activity and many other things. I would rather understand then judge using annoying stereotypes. I'm a sensitive and an empath. I am Christian in a way but I don't follow any specific religion or the bible since none of them make sense to me I have my beliefs and that enough for me. My favorite past times are reading, writing and meditation and I'm going to school for Psychology so I can practice and teach in my own way but mostly to help people.  

Pie of Apple

Intellectual Sage

4,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 pm
Hii!!! I got accepted today! =) So, i'm new to this guild but hope to be active on here and share my own experiences. ^u^

So, I'm Sleeping shrine maiden but you can call me Lalaine if you wish. Nice to meet you all!

I'm 20 years old.
I was born in a Catholic family but I drifted away and left the religion since I was 14. I never felt connected with the religion and with Christianity. My best friend introduced me to Wicca and that's when I started my research and I fell into being a Pagan. Wicca is still interesting and I still feel a pull at it but I would prefer to be initiated into a coven to practice properly. So, I stayed as a witch and I do call myself Pagan.
Hmmm... also.. i don't follow a specific tradition yet because I'm still trying to figure out what I wanna follow. I've looked into different ones... and i like them and I seem to just take bits and pieces from different practices and make it my own to work with.

I've always been interested in the occult, the paranormal, magick ever since I was little to tell you the truth. There's something that just pulls me in it...

Ever since i was little, I do have spirit sight. I'm a bit of a psychic... but it can't be forced... I just know things when it comes to me.. I used to be really strong in empathy but... not so much anymore.. I also have somewhat of a telepathic sensory... that's pretty strong. I can connect to certain people sometimes without knowing it! sweatdrop And it's a pain at times.. but i'm trying to control that. I'm pretty good at energy manipulation. I love energy work. And I try to work with dream magick as well.
I've explored around when I was new at it. And lol, like some of you... I also tried dark magick because of interest and curiousity.... But i don't try to dwell in it... because of how big pain in the a** it can cause if your not careful.
Hmmm...summonings are interesting. But i don't practice it like before... it varies on what I need to do and want to do... depending on my spells/ritual.

I am very strong in sensing spirits and other things... But i try not to work in that area... I just know when there's something nearby... but when i am in the mood... i do try things out.
I've worked a lot in past lives. ^^ One of my favorite areas to work on. It's very fascinating.

Well, hmmm im not sure what else to say but... if you need to ask anything, feel free to do so. =)

Hope we'll have fun together here in this guild! =D

Thank you for accepting me!  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas