Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[~.Kami.Kaze.~]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:35 pm
Yes, I really really like this new system.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:12 pm
starvigilante
Which makes me wonder ... Will Resi5 have the classic Resi inventory and item boxes or will it continue the awesome Atache case concept.

Seems a little foolish to go back on themselves.
I actually think that it should go back to the classic inventory system. Actually Resident Evil 4 Demo had the classic inventory system. I remember playing it after I got the game, I was like, "This is different" The knife was also equippable.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Codename_Ada_Wong

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:21 pm
starvigilante
In Resi: Nemesis, we saw Brad Vickers get a tentacle through the back of his mouth and not to mention, as earlier said, he was actually the zombie carrying the secret key in Resi2! It could not be Brad Vickers.

I first thought it was Billy Coen personally. But, to me Chris seems a more likely candidate. However, it makes me wonder ...

How will the fact that Ada and ultimately Wesker got the last sample of the Las Plagas affect Resi5's story and enemy mechanic? For instance, the zombies were sprinting (Dawn of the Dead style) in the trailer. Harrowing stuff.

In Separate Ways you find out she gave Wesker something else and the real sample to an unknown organization.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:28 pm
Codename_Ada_Wong
starvigilante
In Resi: Nemesis, we saw Brad Vickers get a tentacle through the back of his mouth and not to mention, as earlier said, he was actually the zombie carrying the secret key in Resi2! It could not be Brad Vickers.

I first thought it was Billy Coen personally. But, to me Chris seems a more likely candidate. However, it makes me wonder ...

How will the fact that Ada and ultimately Wesker got the last sample of the Las Plagas affect Resi5's story and enemy mechanic? For instance, the zombies were sprinting (Dawn of the Dead style) in the trailer. Harrowing stuff.

In Separate Ways you find out she gave Wesker something else and the real sample to an unknown organization.
Yup. We know. 3nodding  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:33 pm
I image they'd combine the two inventory styles and get and good one. But seeing how the surroundings affect the player, maybe the inventory will affect the player?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:34 pm
Vash Thompson
I image they'd combine the two inventory styles and get and good one. But seeing how the surroundings affect the player, maybe the inventory will affect the player?
What i'd like to see is a realiztic inventory, where if you equip a shotgun it actually uses up a LOT of room. Then we'd bring the item box back into play and that way you'd have a realistic inventory and not have to throw away or sell things you might need later on.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MilitantClockwork

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:37 pm
I'd enjoy an inventory system where small items such as keys and whatnot would got into your pockets and free up space in the actual item slots for things like large guns, health items, etc. It'd add to the realism Bio mentioned.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:37 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
What i'd like to see is a realiztic inventory, where if you equip a shotgun it actually uses up a LOT of room. Then we'd bring the item box back into play and that way you'd have a realistic inventory and not have to throw away or sell things you might need later on.

That kind of inventory actually sounds pretty good. Although, I want it to affect the player's movement's somehow.  

Elliot Salem

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:39 pm
MilitantClockwork
I'd enjoy an inventory system where small items such as keys and whatnot would got into your pockets and free up space in the actual item slots for things like large guns, health items, etc. It'd add to the realism Bio mentioned.
I'm still figuring out where Leon hid that suitcase full of items.

I mean it made more sense in the earlier games, like in RE3 when Jill's inventory expanded by adding that side pack to her.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:53 pm
The thing is, we can't add too much realism. I mean, Sometimes you just gotta sacrifice some realism, otherwise, like I remember somebody suggested RE5 should have a system where for healing you'd apply bandages and things like that. That works for Metal Gear Solid, just because it was one of the new gimmicks of the game. But Resident Evil has that certain flow that if you disturb it you could easily get out of the zone. It would be time consuming and I think wouldn't work for RE. Just the same, We can't have TOO realistic of an inventory system, otherwise, Chris wouldn't be able to carry more than a shotgun and a Handgun and barely any ammo.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:58 pm
But we can't have it too unrealistic, like being able to carry two pistols, a shotgun, a rocket launcher, a magnum, a few grenades of all kinds, some herbs and a few F.A. Sprays.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:03 pm
Vash Thompson
But we can't have it too unrealistic, like being able to carry two pistols, a shotgun, a rocket launcher, a magnum, a few grenades of all kinds, some herbs and a few F.A. Sprays.

But it already is. In RE4 that's exactly how it is. They don't even have to put in a lot of effort to improve it.

EDIT: I'm carrying 50 First Aid Sprays right now. How realistic is that?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:06 pm
I used the RE4 inverntory as an example. Because if it was like that, the actual Item boxes would prove useless.
It isn't very realistic.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:15 pm
Vash Thompson
I used the RE4 inverntory as an example. Because if it was like that, the actual Item boxes would prove useless.
It isn't very realistic.
It's more realistic than carrying everything on you. RE0 had the most realistic inventory system in RE to date.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:16 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
It isn't very realistic.
It's more realistic than carrying everything on you. RE0 had the most realistic inventory system in RE to date.

True. It did have the most realistic system, but it got rid of the item boxes.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games