Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
X'MAS 2014 Circe's Trials: Multi-week Contest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Blue Eyed Melloon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:02 pm
#9. [Mac and Cheese]: [FAILURE]

Since I was already there, I stopped by Beecher's to get some of their macaroni and cheese. I thought that bringing her a taste of my home would make her like me.

Then I ate it, and felt regret, but also full.  
Blue Eyed Melloon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:06 pm
#10. [Lovely Scarf]: [FAILURE]

Upon returning home, I remembered a scarf that my friend had that was very pretty. Perfect for cold nights! I went to her house, and climbed up to the second story. After breaking into her window, I found that the scarf was not there. Then I received a picture message of her wearing said scarf at a concert. Curses!  

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:12 pm
MASTER LIST

#1. [Sparkly Christmas Ornament]: [SUCCESS]

Thinking of the shell at her tail, I thought maybe one of the ornaments from my own Christmas tree would make a lovely accessory. I scoured the tree, and determined that a light green ornament with glitter and stars embossed on it was the perfect choice!

#2. [Lavender scented candle]: [SUCCESS]

Lavender is one of my favorite scents! Who doesn't like the calming effect? I rush to the pantry where my candles are kept and find the pale purple lavender one in the back.

#3. [Stuffed Dragon]: [FAILURE]

My gold stuffed dragon sat on the shelf, and I paused for a moment. But...naw. That wasn't considered a treasure!

#4. [Picture of Treble (my pup)]: [FAILURE]

Now THAT was a treasure...at least to me anyway. Who could deny this cutie in the photo! Except..except I didn't want to give it up. I left it where it sat, and went to find other things.

#5. [Golden elephant]: [FAILURE]

There was nothing left in my house of value, so away I went to find more! A picture of a golden elephant stared at me from a store window, but when I went to buy one, they were sold out! I scolded them on the idea of false advertising.

#6. [Snowflake]: [FAILURE]

I wonder if she has ever seen a snowflake? They didn't have them in the water so...oh but wait, Washington doesn't HAVE any snow right now, so that wouldn't work, now would it?

#7. [Apple]: [FAILURE]

But Washington DOES have a lot of apples! We're practically famous for them! I went to several stores, looking for the perfect apple to bring back, but none of them seemed to match the ideal image I had in my head. They weren't shiny enough, or red enough, or smelled good enough...

#8. [Poppy flower]: [SUCCESS]

What else could I bring....well, I had my favorite candle, why not my favorite flower? I quickly hopped onto I-5 and visited the Pike's Place Market in Seattle to obtain the prettiest poppy flower I could find!

#9. [Mac and Cheese]: [FAILURE]

Since I was already there, I stopped by Beecher's to get some of their macaroni and cheese. I thought that bringing her a taste of my home would make her like me.

Then I ate it, and felt regret, but also full.

#10. [Lovely Scarf]: [FAILURE]

Upon returning home, I remembered a scarf that my friend had that was very pretty. Perfect for cold nights! I went to her house, and climbed up to the second story. After breaking into her window, I found that the scarf was not there. Then I received a picture message of her wearing said scarf at a concert. Curses!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:22 pm
"Well, my dear..."

While it is all very fine and gallant and brave to go rushing off to uncertain death and potential bodily harm, I must admit that that is not quite my cup of tea. Besides, it would hardly do to come crawling back bruised and beaten from an adventure gone wrong. Failure after all, is an embarrassing thing to justify.

Therefore, being the level-headed person that I am, I found myself pondering over the quest you have bestowed upon me. It goes without saying that one would certainly need to return with gifts worthy of your consideration.

Armed with those thoughts in mind, I set out to the local library in search of literature concerning vast treasures and the possible dangers associated with them. Of these, I chanced upon a tale many would be familiar with. “Jack and the Beanstalk” was the title of the story.

Now before you dismiss this as a mere child’s fancy, I would like to draw your attention towards two vital points in this tale; the first was that there was a vast fortune belonging to the giant living in the clouds and the second was that said giant has been dealt with by a boy named Jack.

There you have it. The perfect low risk, high return quest. With no one left guarding the treasure (and apparently Jack was happy with owning what little he managed to steal from the giant), one merely had to saunter into the castle, take one’s pick of the remaining treasure and make it home in time for the afternoon tea.

The one setback to this whole escapade would be to reach the giant’s abandoned castle. For that, the book has once again provided the reader with a clue.

Somewhere out there, there exists a man who was willing to trade magical beans for a cow.

The purchasing of a cow was simple enough. I got mine from local farmer and as it turns out, if you wander around long enough in a deserted lane with a cow in tow, someone is bound approach you. Luck was on my side as the person did indeed possessed beans for sale. Beans which he assured me, were indeed magical.

Having made my purchase, I then chose a quiet spot, saved the location on my GPS and finally threw some of the beans angrily onto the ground. I stomped about the earth for good measure (I am assuming that anger was a catalyst for these beans to grow) before finally making my way home.

Lo and behold! When I arrived the next morning, a gargantuan bean sprout had indeed grown overnight. Feeling pretty smug about how things are going so far, I then made my way up the beansprout;- only to be brought down to earth by the fact that…I am terribly out of shape but what kept me going was…the thought of you and the disappointment of failing your quest.

The Castle in the Sky was as run down and abandoned as I had imagined and upon arrival I quickly made short work of my heist there. Walking through doors that were left ajar, I scoured the scene. Naturally, I was not expecting to find the golden goose nor the singing harp (Jack took those long ago), but I was pretty confident that I would still be able to find something of value there. Being human sized in a house made for a giant only made searching through the nooks and crannies easier.

I found the first treasure, a golden egg tucked away discreetly under a chest of drawers. No doubt the poor egg had rolled there by accident; maybe when the giant was busy chasing after Jack. I might even be so bold as to hazard that this may be the last naturally laid golden egg of its kind since we know that Jack stole the goose ages ago (I am no expert in poultry but I am pretty certain that geese do not live that long) and the only other mention of a golden egg laying goose ended with the goose being killed by its greedy owners.

Satisfied with my find, I was about to head back down when it occurred to me that the egg might want some company on the long journey home. Being the obliging person that I am, I took the liberty to liberate the house of a handful of golden coins . It might just be my imagination but the egg seemed happier with the company of the golden coins.

Going down was easier than expected as I bounced and rolled from one leaf to the next with gravity doing most of the work for me. However, gravity can be a merciless thing and I surely would have perished if my fall had not been cushioned by a wandering hobo. Legal issues aside, I was able to make it back with enough time left over for a quick tidy up.

That my dear, would surely have been the end of my tale had it not been for the fact that the golden egg and coins almost drowned me when I carried them into the water. As I struggled with their weight, a thought occurred. If you are unable to do something, hire someone who can. So I got a hired help to assist me (incidentally the hired help now belongs to you too since I got him to sign a yearlong contract).

And so with that, my dear, I present to you your gifts; the remainder of the magic beans, a golden egg, a handful of golden coins and a hired help for a year!  

Rapidashtrainer

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:15 pm
"As you wish..."

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:05 pm
"As you wish..."

User Image

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:21 pm
"As you wish..."

(I cannot craft anything atm and my wrist hurts too much to draw, so have an elaborate description!)

It took a bit, but eventually I finished the present for you. I have taken the underwater candle and wrapped the seaweed necklace around it delicately, but not before I slipped the bottled lullaby onto the necklace.

The candle has been decorated, now golden with silver specks. The flame is an odd blue, licking at the darkness and vanquishing the shadows. The seaweed is simply seaweed, holding up the bottled lullaby with an unnatural strength. The bottle glows a faint silvery blue as soft chiming can be heard from a distance. Where does the glow come from, you ask? I've taken pieces of the fallen star and placed it within the bottle, causing it to give off the faintest glow.

Now, you can rid your home of darkness with a beautiful candle. I hope you and your new goldish enjoy the nightlight, as I've put my heart into it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:33 pm
"Well, my dear..."

[I so dearly wanted to bring you things of heart and home! That ornament there is from my own Christmas tree; I thought it would bring out your lovely eyes. And that candle there? My favorite from my own collection. It's scent is one of the most relaxing!

But alas, nothing else I owned seemed worthy enough to bring to you! So I went to Seattle, the Emerald City, to try and procure something that I could bring before you without shame. Among the stalls and shops of the famous Pike's Place Market (you really must visit it sometime dear, it's lovely and they make the most delicious macaroni and cheese!) to gather my things.

A picture of a golden elephant stared at me from a store window, but when I went to buy one, they were sold out! How dare they get my hopes up only to dash them so quickly! I scolded them on the idea of false advertising and went on my way.

Pike's Place is known for it's food, but food wouldn't do now would it? Once it hit the water, it would get soggy and ruined! Most certainly NOT a present fit for you at all! But the OTHER thing that it's known for is it's flowers! They are the prettiest around! And this lovely lady was selling poppies. The red, it was stunning! I just HAD to bring you one! ]  

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Hopelessly Pretty

Feral Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:56 pm
"As you wish..."

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:19 pm
"As you wish..."

User Image

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:36 pm
Name: Abyssal Bloom (Because a group of jellyfish is a bloom hahaha)
Brief Character Bio: The dreamy-dark mare of the depths is not a cruel creature- well, it is not her intention to be. Usually. She’s a phony who lives on her whims, whether they be to help a struggling phony from her waters or trying to entice them to swim further from land instead. She never employs any direct methods, nothing so crass as to drag someone away, but she will sing and coo and have a good time with anyone silly enough to follow a stranger into a lake. She can perform no real magic, not even fake nanite-magic, but she does enjoy a witchy reputation gained from reading hoof soles. Usually for delighted park-goers. (Which are, coincidentally, the only people she never really tries to entice into the lakewaters.) Whether someone will harmlessly bounce off of the bell of the jellyfish or become entangled in stinging tentacles is entirely up to whim.
Reply: “I think you are the dark shadow beneath the waters at night. You call sweetly for strangers, whether to trick or to charm I will never guess, and perhaps you yourself do not have any laid plans until they are already wading towards you. I think you are kind when you choose, and clever when you do not.”

Round 2: A Symphony of Failures
Round 3: The Tale of the Song
Round 4: Bounty of Fickle Weather  
Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:38 pm
1. An Opalescent Abalone Shell: FAILURE  

Luafien

Super Wife

Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:40 pm
2. An Overflowing Box of Pearls: FAILURE  
Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:41 pm
3. A Musical Set of Silver Bangles: FAILURE  

Luafien

Super Wife

Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items