Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Don't Get Cold Feet! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:56 pm
[Base camp]

Winter felt like it came early as harsh winds whipped through their base camp. Sync raised his other arm to shield his face, and while the cold air felt nice against his burning skin, it still stung and made him almost want to put his hoodie back on. Almost; he had no desire to spread any lingering pepper spray further across his person. Through the howling wind, the trainee squinted down to see if his pokemon had managed anything useful, but instead he swore - then coughed - upon seeing the little Vulpix had promptly fainted from the Blizzard attack. So much for using his pokemon, he thought bitterly. Where did that leave him? What else could he do, run up and tackle the giant bird? That didn't sound like a very intelligent course of action, so he had little else to do except recall his useless lump of a pokemon and then stand there to wait.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:14 pm
[Youngster]

"Sometimes even I wonder how I can get so lost," Keita gave a shrug, thinking over how she could get the Skiddo in its ball still ", Usually I just go wherever my luck goes. Kind of like leaves in the wind. It sure makes things more exciting. You never know what is going to come your way, and you feel even more accomplished when you overcome a challenge. I have been going well for years now, so I feel I do well on my own. However, I do need some supplies."  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:34 pm
[Santela]

The boy's incredulity only became more pronounced in his features, mixed with a growing amount of suspicion. "You know, I just remembered that my mom told me not to talk to strangers, so I'm gonna go," he replied, nudging his Skiddo with his foot to prompt it to resume a quicker pace. He pointed his arm behind him, to the south, "If you need supplies, just go that way. In a straight line. It's not hard. Okay, see you."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:02 pm
[Youngster]

"A smart mother you have," Keita replied, a sigh soon following as the boy told her where to go. At least he had a parent ", I never had a mother, or a father... good luck!" She then turned to go the direction he said to make her seem less suspicious than she already was. However, she ended up turning right into a wall and hitting it ", Ow!!!"

Now she was even becoming the character she was pretending to be, getting lost and running into stuff. Well, she better head to the direction of the coast like the boy said and then try to get to the Base Camp from there.

She quickly checked all her pockets to make sure she had all her pokemon, sighing with relief when she saw all of them where there. She may not have parents like the boy did, but at least she had her pokemon. Perhaps she had failed to get the Skiddo, but now she knew for the future to not take so much time thinking. Actions was the key for being a Rocket and getting pokemon for the glory of Team Rocket.  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:11 pm
((Just a quick reminder: Blizzard is a damage-dealing attack, not just a weather condition! Also, in case it's not clear, Rook left the base camp with the adult Articuno in pursuit. All the remaining Rockets, as well as the two juvenile Articuno, are standing around the base camp/van.

Also, from now on, please make a note of which Articuno you are targeting: Articuno 1 is the one that Rook hit and was subjected to Hypnosis. Articuno 2 is the one that is currently being bombarded by everyone else. This will make it easier to tell them apart and should help prevent confusion about what happened to which!))

[Rockets + their pokemon at base camp]

So many pokemon moved at once, and what seemed like half of them came charging towards the pair of Articuno. The first's head shot up and swiveled groggily as it attempted to rouse itself, so the second raised its wings and tore through any obstructing foliage to put some distance between itself and its waking sibling. The large bird was hit by a barrage of attacks all at once; a few Fire Fangs, a Volt Tackle, a Quick Attack, and Brine - the bird did not seem to like being suddenly soaked in water - though both the Thunder and Fire Spin attacks landed harmlessly between the two birds instead of hitting either of them. The second Articuno screeched angrily, especially as it felt the uncomfortable sensation of Thunder Wave creeping through it and seizing up its muscles, but it took the opportunity that had presented itself: So many of its opponents had gotten quite close with their physical attacks, so the legendary flapped its wings and aimed another Blizzard at them.

The first Articuno stumbled to its feet, wings spread and flapping awkwardly as it righted itself, determined to wake itself enough to figure out what was going on. Sounds of battle drew its attention and its head swiveled towards the source of the din, mind and eyes clearing as it tucked its wings close to its body and maneuvered past bushes and trees to stand somewhat diagonally behind its sibling, where it could see what was going on. Its crest raised and it clacked its beak, indignant, and fired a burst of Powder Snow at Slipstream and Viceroy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:28 pm
[Angry Arse-icle birds and the Rockets around them!]

Oh bugger! Now that other blue jay on steroids was bloody waking up!
And /another/ cold Blizzard was coming down! Why did these bloody things have to be so damned cold?!
"Will you stop making it snow you flaming freezing excuse for a bird!" The redhead yelled at Articuno 2 "It's bloody cold enough, okay?!"

Ditty was still wiggling her tail at the bird when the Blizzard was set there way, and she felt herself freezing up.
"Oi! Ditty! Don't let it freeze you arse-first y' bloody idjit!" Clancy yelled, a little too late. Ditty was, indeed, frozen solid.
"Mircalla! Hit with another one of 'em water things!"

Mircalla, at least, hadn't been incapacitated or frozen solid by the blizzard, but she certainly didn't look very happy or healthy after being subjected to the move.
Still she targeted Articuno 2, once again, with Brine.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:28 pm
[Rockets]

Ahh hell. Lex hissed as another Blizzard broke through the ranks, Spins casting another Protect to keep the damage away from Glit and his trainer. He hissed slightly, puffing up.

Grimlock stumbled the Braixen hanging on but tired between the last few rounds. She shook herself, eyes gleaming. "Grims! Try Hypnoses one last time and then get back here." She was on her last legs and likely to faint.

Sunspot couldn't weather the secondary Blizzard and fainted, being recalled in a flash of light. "Sorry Sun." He muttered, tucking the ball away.

Slipstream was buffeted and fell down, tired and gave a displeased Snee as she was recalled.

"I'm going to be out of pokes after this.. Grims is on her last legs and Spins is tiring enough keeping us protected and Glit keeping us from freezing is wearing her out."

Grimlock huffed and attempted a Hypnoses one last time at the Second Articuno getting the attack off before sub coming to battle damage and was recalled. "And now I'm out of pokemon." Lex muttered and started frantically texting on his Rocket Dex.

He types and sent it to HQ.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:46 pm
[Dem ice birds]

They'd weathered worse, hadn't they? Him and Duke anyway, back in the old days when they'd been young and... and working with somebody else. Damn, he wished his partner was here.

...Yeah he really wished it.

"Pulsar, why are you trying to send it to sleep?" he called over the chaotic noise of battle, slipping back to an old name in his distraction. "That one's already paralysed, you can't sleep it too! Wake up, work with me and take down the second one!" Hell, nobody else was here to tell them what to do right? "The second one!" he called out to his fellow rockets. "We finish that fast, we get hurt less, right?"

Regent's protect failed - the power of Blizzard began to whip around him harder, sharp crystals cut through his clothes - and the Umbreon couldn't reliably throw another one up right away so KO stooped to put a hand on his back. "Heal Bell, get us back on our feet!"

The Umbreon nodded understanding and loped forward to put himself in the best position between his frozen comrades before letting out a pulse of light from his glowing rings, which was accompanied by a high sweet tone.

With that done KO turned his attention to the pokemon in his possession. "Countess, Hex, ViceroyFire Fang, Duke Thunderbolt; all on the second one!" Hex would hurt it a lot given it had a status condition and the other two were super effective. How much would all that count for against the fact that it was a legendary? He had no idea.

KO watched with gritted teeth as his pokemon sprang into action to follow his orders, though perhaps 'sprang' was strong word, especially on Countess' and Duke's part. Vicerory had clearly felt the attack the first Ariticuno had launched at him but his type advantage was keeping him in reasonable shape so far.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:00 pm
[KO]

"I love you to, and surprise that Sunny even hit it." He called, shoving his Rocket Dex away into the back pack and started to look through the rest of his berries and supplies. "Might have enough in here to get one of my Pokes back on their feet." He hadn't bought much cause he hadn't expected a Pseudo legendary on top of the first.

"Maybe..." He murmured. Spins wasn't going to be able to cast Protect again, they had lucked out he managed that one time. Frag it, none of the berries he had left was going to do a thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:18 pm
[Articuno 2]

Michiko's eyes widen as Zacharel's Thunder missed.

They were hit by the blizzard and she yelled. "Zacharel! Use Protect to protect as many pokemon as you can!"

Zacharel ran in front of the group and used Protect to take on Articuno 2's blizzard as much as he could but he did take some damage.

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:15 am
[Rockets + pokemon at base camp]

The second Articuno staggered backwards, wings flapping frantically to keep itself upright as it was assaulted by another round of attacks, and it shrieked in distress. Its sibling stumbled backwards and out of the way, chirping its confusion and fright at the situation. Slowly the first Articuno moved forward, its hesitance obvious in its halting gait, but the second bird darted past first, and swiveled its head to chirp desperately at its sibling.

Even more apprehensive now, the first Articuno stepped back, appearing more and more dismayed and frightened, but a sharp, forceful cry from the second Articuno caused the first to turn and unfurled its wings, a small flurry of snowflakes dancing away on the wind as it flapped a few times and took to the air.

The second Articuno stepped in between its fleeing sibling and the humans and attacking pokemon, a determined look in its round, tired red eyes, and spread its wings as well. Rather than take off to join its sibling, however, it gave one powerful flap of its wings, and the waning blizzard intensified, worsened, changed into an outright hailstorm. Clouds gathered and darkened overhead as chunks of ice began plummeting down from the sky, tearing through the leaves on the surrounding trees, and each sharp sound of hail against metal signaled one more dent on the van they'd arrived in.

A reply message from general communications would arrive on Lex's rocketdex in short order: The only person to request backup recently is Elite Rook. Assuming you're asking about that same backup request, it'll be a while for a team to get to that location - estimated at roughly thirty minutes.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:35 am
[Base Camp]

s**t. "Regent, Protect! Lex, can you alternate with Regent to keep us covered?" The Hail seemed to be coming through the barrier but he'd rather keep up a shield if possible, the next attack couldn't be far off.

The Umbreon sprang back towards the little group around his trainer and threw up another shield.

Duke, panting hard and bleeding pretty badly by now, launched a Thunderbolt at the second Articuno.

With one of the legendaries fleeing (and he had nothing suitable to pursue) it was even more important they get the second one, or at least a sample from it. "Try to damage the second one's wings so it can't get away too?" KO suggested to the others as he sent out his fifth pokemon. The Sharpeado didn't look pleased to have been tossed out on dry land in the middle of a hail storm, and KO was keen to get the thing in action before it got any ideas about attacking at random.

"Baron, go get that bird, get its wings! Either hang on, or tear them up!"

Presumably the shark had heard - though it gave no sign of acknowledgement - for it shot towards the second Articuno on a jet of water and tried to Bite onto one of its wings and to hang on or, failing that, to rip a chunk out of the bird.

Viceroy was just bright enough to get the idea of what his trainer wanted and aimed to grab the bird's other wing with Fire Fang and likewise either keep his grip or tear off flesh and feather. The hail stones struck him painfully but he was determined to lead his team to glory!

Countess managed to use another Hex on the Articuno before fainting from the hail. KO recalled her with a muttered curse, but thinking of curse at least it would still be taking damage from that too. How much good did that really do them though? Seeing Lex looking at his 'dex he turned to his comrade. "Do we have backup coming?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:22 am
[Buggering Blizzard Birds and Cold Combating Colleagues!]

"Oi! I'm 'bout to run out o' bloody critters! Tell 'em to shake their bloody arses and get a wriggle on, eh?" Clancy called to Lex, shivering in the cold, and watching with dread as the birds seemed to be readying for a nasty attack, and a fly-away retreat...
"Bloody 'ell! They're tryna bloomin' well scamper out on us!"

He shook his head and cast a look toward Mircalla. Ditty was out cold (bloody puns!) now, too, and this fish was all he had left.
KO's idea caught his attention though.
"Oi! Mircalla! Hang in just a little longer, luv, and copy y'r big cousin there, eh?! Bite a bloody wing!" He directed his, rapidly tiring, Carvanha to target Articuno 2 with a Bite too, just like Baron was attempting do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:42 pm
[Birddsss]

"That I can do and not fast enough. ETA is thirty minutes and we be done by then." He nudged Spins back, the Ariados bristling. "You heard him, we are waiting this time, but Spins, use Night Shade."

"Glit, I know you hate the weather but wrap up that bird and Wring it out." He called and shoved his rocketdex away in his pocket. "Keep ahold of it and try to scrap of some feathers."

The serperior narrowed her eyes and with a sharp See! She attacked, attempting to wrapping tightly around the second Articuno and use Wring Out.

Spins crackled glee and shot off a Night Shade at the Second Articuno, keeping close to his trainer.

"Everyone! Get closer together to take advantage of the Protects and if you have any pokemon you haven't used because of type disadvantage use them now. If we can't faint it we need to get a sample of it blood, skin, feathers, something."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:46 am
[Articuno 2]

Michiko's yelled out a thunder attack again for Zacharel. From the corner of her eye she saw what KO was doing and admit, it wasn't a bad idea.

Taking the pokeball at hand, she threw out Oktavia. "Oktavia!" she yelled over the snow storm. "Follow that sharpedo's example! Go for the wings!"
She shield her face at the sudden on slot of snow heading her way. "BUT BE CAREFUL! WATCH YOUR'S AND THE OTHER POKEMON'S BACK!

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff